PDA

View Full Version : Sheboygan hip hop artist

Z28Envy
04-26-2009, 01:50 AM
This guy sounds better/or as good as a lot of the guys singing on the radio. Think he could have a good career if the right people hear him.

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/article/20090425/SHE0101/904250465/1062/SHE01

Sprayaway Fox
04-26-2009, 05:37 AM
All of a sudden we have 2 homicides now this!?:rolf We reppin hard kid!

URLOZIN
04-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Not bad.

lordairgtar
04-26-2009, 11:52 AM
I am not a fan of hip hop! Having said that, I listened to all three songs linked in the article. Has a definite LA vibe to it. This kid is very good. Although his songs all start the same, I think he could have a chance. It will be interesting to see how he does at the 'fest. Unfortunately, the big labels are still in the old "Hip hop's gotta be about the streets and straight mobbin'" mind set. Someone give this kid a go.

Exitspeed
04-26-2009, 04:38 PM
I am a fan of hip hop.

FYI for those who don't know. Hip Hop is by definition a culture with four different elements MCing (rapping), DJing, B-Boying (Breakdancing), and Graffiti. These are the core of hip hop. It's original soul. I'm an old school B-Boy. I was one of the best breakers int he entire midwest. Yadda, yadda. You get the point.

Having said that, that music is garbage. In the Hip Hop world that is called Ringtone Rap.

Unfortunately, the big labels are still in the old "Hip hop's gotta be about the streets and straight mobbin'" mind set. Someone give this kid a go.

No, that is not the mindset. Some of the best real hip hop artists like Kanye, Common, Kid Cudi, LL Cool J (I could name dozens) have made a huge impact on Hip Hop and are not "straight mobbin".

Back to this Rintone Rap dude. This is the type of music that is killing hip hop. It's about nothin. I heard no content there.

Everyone has club bangers and songs geared towards women to sell records. That's fine. Pac was the king of that, but the rest of the album he was rapping about something. It was heart felt, it was real world drama, it was what the culture was experiencing on a day to day basis. A lot these young bucks, like this dude, Flo Ryda, Soldier Boy (who is the biggest problem of all) are not talking about real shit. Every song is about gold and platinum, f*ckin girls, and cars. And if anyone thinks that what rap has been about for the last 30 years they haven't been listening.

There was a song from a dude named Mims a couple years ago called "This is why I'm hot" where he says "I can sell a mill saying nothing on the track". Now that is truly sad. It's just pathetic that these kids are even supporting garbage like that.

I'd love to support a real hip hop artist from WI. But that kinda shit is whack. No love here.

lordairgtar
04-26-2009, 05:09 PM
I am a fan of hip hop.

A lot these young bucks, like this dude, Flo Ryda, Soldier Boy (who is the biggest problem of all) are not talking about real shit. Every song is about gold and platinum, f*ckin girls, and cars. And if anyone thinks that what rap has been about for the last 30 years they haven't been listening.

I think what he sang about was real to him. Who can really say what isn't. He's got talent and needs someone to guide him. Hope he gets that. I didn't here anything about gold and platinum or f*ckin girls or cars. But then, I'm just a 55 year old white guy, so my opinion obviously don't mean crap. I listened to early gangsta rap when i help raise my nephew, I heard the likes of NWA, Thug Life and others. I also listened to a lot of Tupac whose real talent lay in his word craft. Dude could put his ideas down like no other. Kanye? I'm not impressed. What really ruined hip hop was people like Vanilla Ice and Snow.

team beater
04-26-2009, 05:21 PM
I am a fan of hip hop.

FYI for those who don't know. Hip Hop is by definition a culture with four different elements MCing (rapping), DJing, B-Boying (Breakdancing), and Graffiti. These are the core of hip hop. It's original soul. I'm an old school B-Boy. I was one of the best breakers int he entire midwest. Yadda, yadda. You get the point.

Having said that, that music is garbage. In the Hip Hop world that is called Ringtone Rap.

No, that is not the mindset. Some of the best real hip hop artists like Kanye, Common, Kid Cudi, LL Cool J (I could name dozens) have made a huge impact on Hip Hop and are not "straight mobbin".

Back to this Rintone Rap dude. This is the type of music that is killing hip hop. It's about nothin. I heard no content there.

Everyone has club bangers and songs geared towards women to sell records. That's fine. Pac was the king of that, but the rest of the album he was rapping about something. It was heart felt, it was real world drama, it was what the culture was experiencing on a day to day basis. A lot these young bucks, like this dude, Flo Ryda, Soldier Boy (who is the biggest problem of all) are not talking about real shit. Every song is about gold and platinum, f*ckin girls, and cars. And if anyone thinks that what rap has been about for the last 30 years they haven't been listening.

There was a song from a dude named Mims a couple years ago called "This is why I'm hot" where he says "I can sell a mill saying nothing on the track". Now that is truly sad. It's just pathetic that these kids are even supporting garbage like that.

I'd love to support a real hip hop artist from WI. But that kinda shit is whack. No love here.

x2 this kid is not hip hop, he is creating music to sell and make money(nothing wrong with that I guess) but this is simply POP music.

PS I may have been a Graf head when I was younger............

Exitspeed
04-26-2009, 06:22 PM
I think what he sang about was real to him. Who can really say what isn't. He's got talent and needs someone to guide him. Hope he gets that. I didn't here anything about gold and platinum or f*ckin girls or cars. But then, I'm just a 55 year old white guy, so my opinion obviously don't mean crap. I listened to early gangsta rap when i help raise my nephew, I heard the likes of NWA, Thug Life and others. I also listened to a lot of Tupac whose real talent lay in his word craft. Dude could put his ideas down like no other. Kanye? I'm not impressed. What really ruined hip hop was people like Vanilla Ice and Snow.

I went back and gave a longer listen in case I was judging too quickly. Honestly I heard the hook on the first song and Auto-tune being used and thought that was his style.

The other songs aren't as bad.

Honestly though he sounds kinda generic to me. I dunno. Just not feelin him.

If you wanna hear the new new (that's slang) from the Midwest download Kid Cudi. Shit is fresh. He got signed by Kayne on his new label. He's got a few mixtapes out there already. His style is different.

x2 this kid is not hip hop, he is creating music to sell and make money(nothing wrong with that I guess) but this is simply POP music.

PS I may have been a Graf head when I was younger............

Werd? How old are you? Wonder if we know some of the same people. I used to be DK (dlireus kids) and NAD (Nu Age Dancers).

CAMAROJV123
04-26-2009, 08:06 PM
hes not half bad

BeesTwinEG
04-27-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm not going to hate. Just stating my personal opinion.
he doesn't have his own kind of words or should i say his style is more of like rapper/singer "jadakiss"/"t-pain". I wish best luck to him :headbang

team beater
04-27-2009, 11:16 PM
ill be 28 in june, i was in a few crews over time. I went to tech graduated in 99, I knew a few people in DK im trying to remember any of the breakers but no names come to mind. where did you go to school and when did you graduate?

Exitspeed
04-28-2009, 07:58 AM
I went to MPS for elementary and middle school. Then I moved out to Hales Corners but all my friends still lived in Milwaukee.

The guys who created DK were two of my best friends, Bribe, and Sole. I was the best breaker in DK and then eventually the NAD (DJ Nu Styles) recruited me.