PDA

View Full Version : Be careful tonight if drinking!

JC70SS
04-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Talked to a buddy officer today and all of SE WI is doing an OWI saturation assault. Don't drink and drive!

pOrk
04-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Kinda defeats the purpose of busting idiots that drink and drive if you warn them first, doesn't it?

Reverend Cooper
04-25-2009, 06:02 PM
I think that was his point pork.

TheRX7Project
04-25-2009, 06:12 PM
How about just don't drink and drive? It's fucking retarded anyway- if you get an OWI, you deserve to lose your license, anyone care to argue that?

I can see getting ONE... it happens. Everyone has one too many and drives home once in a while. Not saying it's RIGHT... but it happens. No, I don't have any and plan to keep it that way.

But you go to court and see these guys with 5, 6, 10 DUI's and wonder WTF they were thinking. Apparently some people have too much money to burn and not enough sense.

JC70SS
04-25-2009, 06:43 PM
I personally don't do it, but I know there are people that do and have a lot of $$ tied up in their cars. An OWI would dampen toy car expenditures. Just trying to help out so chill.

pOrk
04-25-2009, 07:09 PM
I personally don't do it, but I know there are people that do and have a lot of $$ tied up in their cars. An OWI would dampen toy car expenditures. Just trying to help out so chill.

You should try and help out the people who struggle to pay bills after losing a loved one to a DUI accident if your so concerned with helping people avoid unnecessary expense's.

1320PNY
04-25-2009, 07:17 PM
If the f***ing State wasn't so leanient in the first place this wouldn't be an issue. I hope they get some funding so they can be out EVERY night cracking down and d-bags!

Driving my car home last night from GLD was scary as hell. I was happy to find FIVE idiots pulled over on the way home. I left early because there was about 500 cars parked at GLD and by 10PM I doubt there was 15 sober people walking around.

When I lived in Denver, first offense is 90 days in the hole. That gets you financially screwed, fired from your job, etc. Enough incentive NOT to do it, so they don't have an issue.

Silver03SRT
04-25-2009, 08:21 PM
My brother was killed by a drunk driver so I have no sympothy for people who get busted

moels
04-25-2009, 08:45 PM
My brother was killed by a drunk driver so I have no sympothy for people who get busted

Very sorry for your loss. No sympathy should ever be given to someone caught drunk driving. I also agree that the penalties are too easy on offenders. Have I driven intoxicated......yes. Never was ticketed purely by luck, but if I would have gotten 1 I think I would have learned my lesson. I don't go out much anymore, but if I do I either walk or I get a ride. The easy penalties in this state and the embarrassment are enough to deter me from driving after even 1 drink. .08 doesn't amount to much so I just won't do it.

michelle
04-25-2009, 08:55 PM
There's no excuse for drinking and driving and people shouldn't get a second chance if they make that poor decision. Take away the license and impound the car. If they get caught again (now add on the driving without a license violation), minimum year in jail. I don't care if you are a mother with 5 children, you made a mistake and now your children have to be without their mother - better that then the children that would lose their parents for good if they were killed by a drunk driver.

u_say_go
04-25-2009, 08:58 PM
until officials in Madison stop getting their dicks sucked by the Wisconsin Tavern League, nothing will get done about repeat drunk drivers. I worked with a moron who recently got his 5th OWI and he got a measly 100 days in county.
2nd offense you should lose your license forever and never be allowed to register a vehicle of any kind ever.
Instead of jacking cigarettes up with extra taxes all the time, why not put a $30 per bottle tax on booze? Maybe if shots and beers at the bar were $15 a pop people wouldn't suck all night then drive home.

Ricky Bobby
04-25-2009, 09:03 PM
even if this post wasnt made was just comin east on 94 right before the 45 split and a bright neon pink sign that said drunk driving enforcement area

Voodoo Chick
04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Personally, I have NO tolerance for drunk drivers. They deserve to get busted and punished, and have their driving privileges revoked for a good long time.

Sprayaway Fox
04-25-2009, 09:22 PM
If your 170 LBS 2 beers in a hr and your legally drunk. So lets say you get one at 21 then when your 61 you get another one, you should loose your liscence? 40 years between DUI stops and now your supposed to lose your liscence?

I wonder if some of these people that bitch about the DUI law would change there mind if they got one. I agree though that if you get 3 or 4 and above that is just crazy.

shawn
04-25-2009, 09:35 PM
my buddys girlfriend just broke up with him cuz she said he drank too much. two days later she gets pulled for a o.w.i. and shes a cop.

Voodoo Chick
04-25-2009, 10:20 PM
If your 170 LBS 2 beers in a hr and your legally drunk. So lets say you get one at 21 then when your 61 you get another one, you should loose your liscence? 40 years between DUI stops and now your supposed to lose your liscence?

I wonder if some of these people that bitch about the DUI law would change there mind if they got one. I agree though that if you get 3 or 4 and above that is just crazy.

If you don't want a DUI, don't drive drunk. Period. No excuses. If you drive drunk, and lose your license, good for you, you shouldn't be on the road anyway, and deserve whatever the hell you get.

lordairgtar
04-25-2009, 11:20 PM
my buddys girlfriend just broke up with him cuz she said he drank too much. two days later she gets pulled for a o.w.i. and shes a cop.
He drove her to drink, I guess.

LIL EVO
04-25-2009, 11:39 PM
It's pouring out. I think that's a free pass to drive drunk as long as you don't spin out. Cops are never out when it's heavy rain/snow

Jsho13
04-26-2009, 12:23 AM
try being a CDL driver .04. Not even worth it in my mind. I am more than happy to be the designated driver.

gottwins?
04-26-2009, 12:34 AM
until officials in Madison stop getting their dicks sucked by the Wisconsin Tavern League, nothing will get done about repeat drunk drivers. I worked with a moron who recently got his 5th OWI and he got a measly 100 days in county.
2nd offense you should lose your license forever and never be allowed to register a vehicle of any kind ever.
Instead of jacking cigarettes up with extra taxes all the time, why not put a $30 per bottle tax on booze? Maybe if shots and beers at the bar were $15 a pop people wouldn't suck all night then drive home.

lol these ideas are radical, getting away from the main idea a bit which is drinking and driving not drinking.

Staying reasonable I believe there should definitely be a second chance if the person isn't sky high drunk, as in they were driving home and passed all the tests but barely failed the breathalyzer. After that though, they should get the full wrath of the law.

gottwins?
04-26-2009, 12:35 AM
if your 170 lbs 2 beers in a hr and your legally drunk. So lets say you get one at 21 then when your 61 you get another one, you should loose your liscence? 40 years between dui stops and now your supposed to lose your liscence?

I wonder if some of these people that bitch about the dui law would change there mind if they got one. I agree though that if you get 3 or 4 and above that is just crazy.

+1

That_Guy
04-26-2009, 12:36 AM
You should try and help out the people who struggle to pay bills after losing a loved one to a DUI accident if your so concerned with helping people avoid unnecessary expense's.

my sister inlaw plastered herself into a tree while drunk driving.. she had 2 previous. apparently she loved going out with her friends and getting blasted more then she loved her 2 kids and husband she left behind. "selfish bitch"

SSLEVO
04-26-2009, 01:10 AM
I don't condone drinking/driving but there has to be a better way to figure out if you are "impaired" or not. I do think there should be different classes, personally i could blow a .1 and i would hardly feel anything. Now a guy that piles up his car and blows a .34 should be treated a bit differently. I think the first time offender that blows less than .15 should get a second chance, every one makes mistakes. Now the second time, lock em up for 5 years +. I don't understand why we let people get 5+ and do nothing about it.

Sprayaway Fox
04-26-2009, 05:53 AM
I dont booze cruise or am a offender of this law but check this out

OK senario time: Lets say you had 2 beers in a hour. By the law your legally drunk. Now lets say a cop pulls you over because you have no front plate. When hes coming back with your liscence he "smells" alchohol on your breath. Should you get busted for a DUI? The reason you got stopped had nothing to do with a DUI but since he pulled you over does it give him the right to turn it into a DUI stop. You are drunk by the WI laws at this moment. Just like to get opinions

Sprayaway Fox
04-26-2009, 06:06 AM
If you don't want a DUI, don't drive drunk. Period. No excuses. If you drive drunk, and lose your license, good for you, you shouldn't be on the road anyway, and deserve whatever the hell you get.

Bartender:"Whos driving you home? Your intoxicated":stare
Patron: "My car is, im just along for the ride":alcoholic :3gears:

TheRX7Project
04-26-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm sorry I lol'd^

Larrygto
04-26-2009, 09:07 AM
It won't be long before the car will be able to tell if you've been drinking, They can just about drive themselves already.

Exitspeed
04-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Cope were definitely out last night. I saw a few people pulled over.

Yeehaw
04-26-2009, 12:31 PM
from west allis to waukesha i only saw 2 cops

if im driving i usually will only have 2 and give a decent amount of time for it to settle

LIL EVO
04-26-2009, 12:53 PM
I dont booze cruise or am a offender of this law but check this out

OK senario time: Lets say you had 2 beers in a hour. By the law your legally drunk. Now lets say a cop pulls you over because you have no front plate. When hes coming back with your liscence he "smells" alchohol on your breath. Should you get busted for a DUI? The reason you got stopped had nothing to do with a DUI but since he pulled you over does it give him the right to turn it into a DUI stop. You are drunk by the WI laws at this moment. Just like to get opinions

Equipment violations are the number one thing they use to hunt for drunks. No plate, burnt out headlight, license plate light out, etc, that is their "in" to see if you're drunk.

Sprayaway Fox
04-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Thats what Im trying to say, is it OK for them to turn a equipments stop into a DUI? If you werent swerving or all over the road and they didnt even know you were drinking till you are pulled over is that reason is it right?

Nick
04-26-2009, 01:00 PM
I have pretty much stopped all alcohol consumption. Aside from maybe 1 beer every other month in my own home.

I would give drunk drivers who kill or injure people the death penalty if I could. Great aunt was killed by a drunk driver.

Deggy
04-26-2009, 01:13 PM
I got a OWI on the night of my 20th birthday. I learned my lesson the hard way.

I was always told when I was younger to not drink and drive, but I of course didn't listen. I thought I was okay when I clearly wasn't. Since then I've been very careful about driving after drinking. I got pulled over after leaving a bar, but never for suspicion of driving intoxicated. It's been a headlight out, tail light out, suspended plates, or something of that matter. Cops asked me if I had been drinking, I say yes if I have been. I've gotten a few in car sobriety test and passed. If I drink a lot, I always make sure I have a ride home, or a place to walk to at least. Or if need be, go hang out at Webbs, Dennys, or where ever my friends go to after the bar. Wait to sober up, then drive home.

LIL EVO
04-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Thats what Im trying to say, is it OK for them to turn a equipments stop into a DUI? If you werent swerving or all over the road and they didnt even know you were drinking till you are pulled over is that reason is it right?

Yes. If they smell alcohol, see your glossy eyes, or hear your slurred speech when you try explaining why your license plate bulb is out, then you're at their mercy and they have enough justification to perform their sobriety tests

Deggy
04-26-2009, 02:27 PM
I think any time after 2am and you get pulled over... A common question from the officer is gonna be "have you been drinking tonight?" Especially if you are coming from an area known for having multiple bars.....which in this state is damn near everywhere.

brewcity_mach1
04-26-2009, 04:02 PM
I think any time after 2am and you get pulled over... A common question from the officer is gonna be "have you been drinking tonight?" Especially if you are coming from an area known for having multiple bars.....which in this state is damn near everywhere.

i agree

brewcity_mach1
04-26-2009, 04:09 PM
i got pulled over for an owi a year and a half ago. i regret it. and i definately learned my lesson. after the fines and the classes, made me think deep and ask questions before i start drinking. if i know i get a ride home i will drink. if i drive myself somewhere... not a drop.

subliminal1284
04-26-2009, 05:05 PM
They need to start having DUI check points here, I went through once when I lived in Florida. Basically they cone off a major road into 2 lanes so every car that comes down that road has to stop and a cop comes up to your car and talks to you and looks for any signs you may be drunk. They have cops on motorcycles along the road before the checkpoint so if you see the checkpoint ahead and turn around they go after you. When I went through the checkpoint they had a big group of people standing around waiting to go to jail :)

brewcity_mach1
04-27-2009, 01:17 PM
i saw the news last night and it showed how many people got busted when they set up a check point.

a guy at my work was telling me that we went to watch the qualifying in illinois. and after it was done they had one right outside the parking lot. he said they would check every 3rd or 4th car. but the next day after the race he said there wasnt one. i never heard of them doing that outside a sporting event

pOrk
04-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Check points remind me of Communism and police states though, that is a bit far

subliminal1284
04-27-2009, 04:12 PM
I have no problem being delayed a minute or 2 if it means lives will be saved.

Nick
04-27-2009, 05:05 PM
I have no problem being delayed a minute or 2 if it means lives will be saved.

x2

88Nightmare
04-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Check points remind me of Communism and police states though, that is a bit far

I kinda agree with that, and kinda don't. It seems over the top, but then again, people who are repeat OWI offenders can't seem to stop themselves. I saw a news report recently about a guy who just got his 18th :eek:

Who knows how many times he drove drunk and WASN'T caught.

Hell, when I lived in New York, they had checkpoints randomly to check peoples REGISTRATION! They didn't have stickers on the plate like WI does, they had inspection and registration stickers that you would place in the driverside lower corner of your windshield. At a checkpoint, cops would just stand there and watch as people slowly went by and check to make sure their stickers are current.

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Chi-Town hustlers operate insurance/registration/drivers license checks by means of roadblocks. Hi-tech license plate scanners, 1200 plates an hour each, 3 squads wide. Tow trucks and paddy wagons on the side.

No thanks to the roadblocks from this side, what is this nazi germany ?