PDA

View Full Version : chrome plate plastic/rubber??

u_say_go
04-24-2009, 08:24 AM
2 quick questions....Does anyone know where I can have plastic/rubber/fiberglass chrome plated? I've heard that there's a process where they can do this. And, we're looking for a place that can color match plug wires to the body color of the Deuce.
Thanks,
jason

juicedimpss
04-24-2009, 08:49 AM
2 quick questions....Does anyone know where I can have plastic/rubber/fiberglass chrome plated? I've heard that there's a process where they can do this. And, we're looking for a place that can color match plug wires to the body color of the Deuce.
Thanks,
jason

i know dr ford was experimenting with that stuff (chrome illusion) a while back,maybe he can help you.

u_say_go
04-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks Ron, I'll drop him a line.
I just found a place in Brookfield that does it, XXX Plating. I'm waiting to hear back from them.
Since everything on the engine is chrome or polished, those plug wires really stand out (in a bad way). Thinking about buying a couple of sets of white wires and experimenting with dye.

whistlin six
04-24-2009, 05:11 PM
what color do you want the wires to be?
black always goes nicely with chrome :shades

Top Fuel Tom
04-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Contact these guys, www.xxxplating.com

retro_pony
04-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Here's another place to look into, they're in Madison.

I had emailed them, guy called with pricing and timeframe. Seemed good, timing takes a while.

http://www.chrometechusa.com/

lordairgtar
04-24-2009, 11:21 PM
You will not be disappointed with ChromeTech. They will do anything plastic. Not sure about the rubber thing. They will even do model car parts. There is a paint called Alclad. It's a multi step process and looks pretty good. You must have an absolutely smooth black gloss paint base and then spray the Alclad. I don't think it would be very durable though.

u_say_go
04-25-2009, 10:33 AM
what color do you want the wires to be?
black always goes nicely with chrome :shades
would like the wires to be close to Dupont Hot Hues "Molten Bronze". It's a stretch, but I'm still going to continue looking. (see photo section: 'some progress on '32)

Contact these guys, www.xxxplating.com
I did call them yesterday, they're going to be doing the parts.

Here's another place to look into, they're in Madison.

I had emailed them, guy called with pricing and timeframe. Seemed good, timing takes a while.

http://www.chrometechusa.com/
They don't do exterior pieces.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

GRAMPS SS
04-26-2009, 05:42 PM
You will not be disappointed with ChromeTech. They will do anything plastic. Not sure about the rubber thing. They will even do model car parts. There is a paint called Alclad. It's a multi step process and looks pretty good. You must have an absolutely smooth black gloss paint base and then spray the Alclad. I don't think it would be very durable though.

X2..I 've used chrome tech a number of times for my contest model cars...always want a best chrome job when competeing,...also took a '69 Chevelle dash to him as well...