PDA

View Full Version : looking for people who know electrical / building code

easytoremember
04-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Hey everyone. Now that we had our BOZA paperwork approved we have city inspectors coming to our shop soon. Before they do, I would like to touch base with anyone who is familiar with the electrical and other building codes that the inspectors are going to be looking for for the shop. If you are able to help we can compensate you for your time.

Thanks for the help.
call Travis at 414-731-1793 or reply here.
Thanks!:headbang

PonyKiller87
04-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Where is your shop at? I could probably take a look at it. Is there anything specificaly that your worried about? Generaly any pre existing conditions / code violations can be left alone unless it creates a danger or if you are making changes to it in some way.

easytoremember
04-20-2009, 10:31 PM
We are located at 10th and Walnut next to the leinenkugel brewery. We have an idea what we need to have done before the inspectors sign off on us, we would just like some help wiith someone who is more familiar with the code than we are so we can see what type we are etc etc. Looking at the 511 code it appears we can be different types which would require different things.

That_Guy
04-20-2009, 11:22 PM
it really depends on who your inspector is and how big of a by the book kinda guy he is.

ive dealt with inspectors who take a tape measure to every riser on a set of stairs to make sure they are on the dot and ive have dealt with the polar opposite.

turbogarrett
04-21-2009, 07:08 AM
As long as there are not wires hanging out of boxes, extension cords everywhere and you have exit lights you may be okay with a building inspector. If it is an electrical inspector coming through they will probably be more picky and might require gfci outlets etc. If you run into problems pm me.