PDA

View Full Version : considering a new job.

easytoremember
04-19-2009, 09:31 PM
What can you tell me about UW-parkside?

michelle
04-19-2009, 09:33 PM
To attend or to work for?

easytoremember
04-19-2009, 09:35 PM
neiter really. I would be working for a company and located on that campus for a while. I graduated from MU in 04. The company would have me work on this campus for a while, and then move me.

Reverend Cooper
04-19-2009, 09:38 PM
It's a college

easytoremember
04-19-2009, 09:43 PM
It's a college

actually University. It is even in the title "University of Wisconsin -- Parkside"

nice try to help though In the spirit of it being school related I'll give you a gold star.

Nick
04-19-2009, 09:59 PM
actually University. It is even in the title "University of Wisconsin -- Parkside"

nice try to help though In the spirit of it being school related I'll give you a gold star.

What's the difference? Carroll University was known as Carroll College for over 100 years until this year. #2 school in the state next to Lawrence (Forbes Magazine). It's a word.

Maybe try elaborating on what it is you would be doing exactly? Janitorial work? Changing the piss cakes?
You asked "what can you tell me about uw-parkside?" What did you expect? :lol:

Nice try trying to be snippy with Coop. Gold star.

easytoremember
04-19-2009, 10:04 PM
http://tinyurl.com/dckpqt

actualy I was being a bit short because I'm seriously looking for outside information. I want to know what people know without saying too much because if i say what I'd be doing it could be leading people to give certain responces.

So to tell me a university is a college is irrelevent and pointless.

PureSound15
04-19-2009, 10:07 PM
There are a hundred different positions at a university. What in the hell kind of question is "tell me about it?"

easytoremember
04-19-2009, 10:10 PM
its a question that typically people would say something like: " its a cool place, i dated a girl there is a small place about 5,000 students"

"Its in the middle of nowhere but its close to racine, and not far from GLD"

"the teachers are awsome"

" The water tastes funny"

who would have thought this would have been a hard topic to get good replies to... I sure didn't think so.

easytoremember
04-19-2009, 10:16 PM
There are a hundred different positions at a university. What in the hell kind of question is "tell me about it?"

i didn't say tell me about it, I said tell me about UW parkside. I know all I need to know about the position, that's why I'm being recruited for it. and no it's not a janitorial position.

DirtyMax
04-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Its a cool place. I dated a girl there. It is a small place of about 5,000 students. It's in the middle of nowhere but its close to Racine and not far from GLD. The teachers are awesome and the water tastes funny.

P.S. - You're kind of being a dick.

easytoremember
04-19-2009, 10:20 PM
nice parot....

easytoremember
04-19-2009, 10:21 PM
wow ok, call me a dick, I don't care. I'm not being childish and calling people names. I was just asking for peoeple's personal experience, thoughts, opinions on the campus. if you don't have anything to say, then don't... guess too many people are bored tonight and want to touch base.

DirtyMax
04-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Is what anyone on here thinks of the place really going to sway your decision? Either you want the damn job or you don't. Nothing anyone says here is going to matter. I called you a dick because you're being a dick. You asked a very open ended question and since you haven't gotten that answer you're begging for, you're being an jerkoff.

easytoremember
04-19-2009, 10:31 PM
ok some of us are professionals here and can speak in a manner of a professional. If you want to keep using playground name calling that is your decision.

And yes what people think of the university will matter. If people said, "hey I've worked there for 5 years and the yearly raises are locked at 2% and regardless of your performance that doesn't change." yes that would affect my decision

and no, it's not a matter of "if i want the *** job or not" Like with any job I am doing my research on the company, location, and areas of responsiblity. I know the company, I know the job, I don't know the location, hence why I'm asking local people who have nothing to do with the position, and whos my decision won't affect one way or another. Or as we call it, an unbiased 3rd party. I thought, "Gee many some people live, work, or have experience with this university, geographic area, I should ask them what they think of it."

looks like I won't get any good input here, that's fine. Feel free to lock or delete this thread.

0TransAm0
04-19-2009, 10:32 PM
http://www.uwp.edu/
:thumbsup

easytoremember
04-19-2009, 10:34 PM
yes thank you for the webiste (even though I already had it) :-) (at least one piece of information here is helpful instead of just 100% mud slinging)

DirtyMax
04-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Calling someone dick and handing out a gold star like a smart ass are pretty much on the same level of play.

Good luck in your research.

easytoremember
04-19-2009, 10:35 PM
it's your reality, you call it what you wan't but I don't agree.

Thank you for the wish of good luck.

GRAMPS SS
04-19-2009, 10:44 PM
What can you tell me about UW-parkside?

i had a buddy that went there....he said it SUCKED...so he moved his education to whitewater so he could get a EDUCATION at a good UNIVERSITY,,,said it was the best move he made...this was like10 years ago....LIKE OTHERS HAVE SAID. what can we tell you about it that you want to know...you said your job is on the campus...so what diff does it make about Parkside...you job doesn't pertain to the UW OF Parkside.....

and it's UW of Parkside...Parkside is capitalized...hope your not a English Professor...

wrath
04-19-2009, 10:46 PM
I have nothing to add other than... does your employer do stuff out of state? I'd start there. haha.

I worked at a university for a long time... I liked the diversity and the interesting problems... can't say I much cared for working around a bunch of really dumb smart people. Depending on what you'd do there... those you work with will dictate the work environment the most. And if it's a commuter college or a college community will dictate life outside of the work environment.

GRAMPS SS
04-19-2009, 10:48 PM
ANYONE know about the chicks on the campus of UW of Parkside...you know like first finger or dicking of said campus girl...are they tall, short,thin or fat..easy or hard to get...or just plain sluts...my son may want to go there and i'm just asking :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf :goof

Rocket Power
04-19-2009, 11:00 PM
is what anyone on here thinks of the place really going to sway your decision? Either you want the damn job or you don't. Nothing anyone says here is going to matter. I called you a dick because you're being a dick. You asked a very open ended question and since you haven't gotten that answer you're begging for, you're being an jerkoff.

qft

Nick
04-19-2009, 11:04 PM
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/4192/evenseriousercatet6.jpg

http://www.fukung.net/images/2411/really_blaarggag.jpg

http://prudz.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/failure.jpg

Jsho13
04-19-2009, 11:21 PM
you work for girls gone wild, don't you? probably some nice finds at parkside

MurphysLaw88GT
04-19-2009, 11:25 PM
The school is _________ to be a ________ for. my answer sucks like your attitude.

lordairgtar
04-19-2009, 11:53 PM
http://tinyurl.com/dckpqt

if i say what I'd be doing it could be leading people to give certain responces.

Doing Girls Gone Wild videos?
edit...ooops, someone beat me to it

STANMAN
04-20-2009, 05:56 AM
This thread exemplifies all that is BCM.

To the OP, sorry, I don't know anything about Parkside besides a few friends went there, said it was small, but the education they got was very good because of the class sizes. That being said, they both transffered out for bigger schools.

pOrk
04-20-2009, 07:13 AM
My fiancee goes there, the guidance counselors are a joke like most other UW Schools, the parking is REDICULOUS, the parking rate is insanely high considering it takes 30 minutes to find a parking spot, and the way things are organized is pretty elementary. Only thing that I like about it is the fact its small, and you know your professors on a personal level.

nitrous
04-20-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm glad I didn't go there. Feels more like a Gateway rather than a University (nothing against Gateway or the like).

easytoremember
04-20-2009, 11:09 PM
no no nothing like girls gone wild

Thanks for the input everyone.

I assume many people feel first notice the size of the place. Then agaain according to the website it's just over 5,000 students. When I started Marquette it was just over 8,000. Now it's over 11,000 Doesn't take much to grow... cough cough Dwane Wade cough cough final four cough cough

Anyway Thanks for the good input. It is close to GLD isn't it?

Neal Steffek
04-21-2009, 03:32 AM
no no nothing like girls gone wild

Thanks for the input everyone.

I assume many people feel first notice the size of the place. Then agaain according to the website it's just over 5,000 students. When I started Marquette it was just over 8,000. Now it's over 11,000 Doesn't take much to grow... cough cough Dwane Wade cough cough final four cough cough

Anyway Thanks for the good input. It is close to GLD isn't it?

MU did not get an extra 3K students. They got an extra 3K ghetto pieces of crap that go there for a discount. How many students that go to MU are actually from Wisconsin? Yup, less then 1/2.

On a side note, don't leave Sweeneys, best job you will have for the next few years. You wont get another retail job that gives you what you want like Ed gives you.

Nick
04-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Oh you work for the college bookstore at marquette?
http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=sweeneys+milwaukee%2C+wi&btnG=Google+Search

I wouldn't trade living in Milwaukee for going to Racine.

0TransAm0
04-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Oh you work for the college bookstore at marquette?
http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=sweeneys+milwaukee%2C+wi&btnG=Google+Search

I wouldn't trade living in Milwaukee for going to Racine.

i would..then again i hate the busyness of downtown milwaukee..im not one for all the busy streets and crowds....i try to stay far far away. racine would be much better than downtown milwaukee

Nick
04-21-2009, 11:56 AM
i would..then again i hate the busyness of downtown milwaukee..im not one for all the busy streets and crowds....i try to stay far far away. racine would be much better than downtown milwaukee

You have got to be kidding.

I was born and raised in Racine, I left 7 years ago and I won't ever move back.
They have had their recent uplift in commerce in parts of the city, but come on. Being an extremely experienced resident of that town, I would not move back there. The local economy is drying up and crime is on the rise. I have also lived in Wauwatosa and now Waukesha. I love it here.

But hey, whatever. Just a personal opinion I guess. Just way too much going on up this way compared to down in Racine. Every time I go into that town all I see are grumpy faces.

GRAMPS SS
04-21-2009, 10:23 PM
if you have a good job at a book store now...why in the hell move in this economy....is it going to be more secure at Parside..

That_Guy
04-21-2009, 10:31 PM
yes thank you for the webiste (even though I already had it) :-) (at least one piece of information here is helpful instead of just 100% mud slinging)

you kinda suck.

GRAMPS SS
04-21-2009, 11:12 PM
This thread exemplifies all that is BCM.

To the OP, sorry, I don't know anything about Parkside besides a few friends went there, said it was small, but the education they got was very good because of the class sizes. That being said, they both transffered out for bigger schools.

come on Bob....be nice....not like he is butt hurt...

GRAMPS SS
04-21-2009, 11:21 PM
neiter really. I would be working for a company and located on that campus for a while. I graduated from MU in 04. The company would have me work on this campus for a while, and then move me.

so your graduated from MU in 04....what was your major...and what degree do you have...

That_Guy
04-21-2009, 11:35 PM
so your graduated from MU in 04....what was your major...and what degree do you have...

This is something I to would love to know also. God I hope you're a part owner of the store. Considering average tuition at Marquette is around 40k. If you went to school at Marquette graduating there with a degree and your a cashier at a books store you either have a bullshit degree i.e. "major in sucking at life" or your the worst interview person ever.

manager at least?

wrath
04-22-2009, 07:26 AM
The guy asked a pretty innocent question, give him a break. Somebody has to flip burgers, run the one-hour photo, and peddle overpriced textbooks... we can't all be engineers. Besides, that would dilute my wages. haha.

PureSound15
04-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Considering average tuition at Marquette is around 40k.

I strongly advise you to at least google your bullshit that is often spewed upon the threads of BCM. 40k? Really? No.

michelle
04-22-2009, 07:36 AM
:rolf :rolf

That_Guy
04-22-2009, 07:38 AM
I strongly advise you to at least google your bullshit that is often spewed upon the threads of BCM. 40k? Really? No.

http://collegesearch.collegeboard.com/search/CollegeDetail.jsp?collegeId=2075&profileId=2

including room and board...
https://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/college/college_pg03_tmpl.jhtml?schoolId=1768

i didnt pull the figure out of my ass if thats what you are implying

wrath
04-22-2009, 07:44 AM
Maybe $40k for two years or it was more than ten years ago. The bible-thumpers need coin to spread "the word". I have $55k in loans for five years at Michigan Tech.

PureSound15
04-22-2009, 10:42 AM
But you didn't say including room and board. You said tuition - and if you really think that anyone that goes there pays the $28k for tuition than you're either high or even less educated than I originally thought.

Rather than citing the 3 co-workers of mine who pay for their children to attend MU, I'll give you this article..

http://www.smartmoney.com/spending/deals/private-colleges-can-be-just-as-affordable-as-public-ones-21570/

That_Guy
04-22-2009, 11:49 AM
But you didn't say including room and board. You said tuition - and if you really think that anyone that goes there pays the $28k for tuition than you're either high or even less educated than I originally thought.

Rather than citing the 3 co-workers of mine who pay for their children to attend MU, I'll give you this article..

http://www.smartmoney.com/spending/deals/private-colleges-can-be-just-as-affordable-as-public-ones-21570/

I figured room and board would typically be added in.. so yeah I guess Im wrong there. I know my girlfriends on campus apartment gets added on to her financial aid and loans.

easytoremember
04-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Try director of the company, not cashier in one of the stores.

PureSound15
04-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Try director of the company, not cashier in one of the stores.

Who said anything about bieng a cashier? :confused

Director of what? I have never heard of a "director of the company" position.

At that point - would it matter what school your at?

easytoremember
04-22-2009, 12:14 PM
car ramrod did

This is something I to would love to know also. God I hope you're a part owner of the store. Considering average tuition at Marquette is around 40k. If you went to school at Marquette graduating there with a degree and your a cashier at a books store you either have a bullshit degree i.e. "major in sucking at life" or your the worst interview person ever.

manager at least?

You never heard of a Director? wow. ok.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3A+company+director (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3A+company+director)

those who speak don't know, those who know don't speak.

That_Guy
04-22-2009, 12:15 PM
ok some of us are professionals here and can speak in a manner of a professional. If you want to keep using playground name calling that is your decision.

And yes what people think of the university will matter. If people said, "hey I've worked there for 5 years and the yearly raises are locked at 2% and regardless of your performance that doesn't change." yes that would affect my decision

and no, it's not a matter of "if i want the *** job or not" Like with any job I am doing my research on the company, location, and areas of responsiblity. I know the company, I know the job, I don't know the location, hence why I'm asking local people who have nothing to do with the position, and whos my decision won't affect one way or another. Or as we call it, an unbiased 3rd party. I thought, "Gee many some people live, work, or have experience with this university, geographic area, I should ask them what they think of it."

looks like I won't get any good input here, that's fine. Feel free to lock or delete this thread.

why did you come on a car forum and ask about UW PARKSIDE.? That would be like me going to a Russian forum to ask about Mexico. not to mention your question is way to vague.

PureSound15
04-22-2009, 12:28 PM
car ramrod did

You never heard of a Director? wow. ok.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3A+company+director (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3A+company+director)

those who speak don't know, those who know don't speak.
No. I have not heard of a director of a company (that's why I asked a question). I have heard (and am) of a director of a segment of a company... that is why I asked, as it's completely foreign to my field of work.

I think that you might be underestimating the people on BCM - rather than trying to impress people with working at a university (which... you are contracted by, rather than working for - if I understand correctly) or with a title (which means nothing to 99% of professionals) why not just come out and ask your question. It certainly seems like you're looking for "ooohs" and "ahhhs" rather than actual information - that's why you've gotten such a stellar response from BCM.

There are a LOT of guys on here that make a LOT more money than you and I make... but nobody cares. We're on the site because we like things with wheels that go fast, not to compare incomes or impress one another with titles and the like.

Myles
04-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Ive noticed this guy toting that around. Sweet, you have a good job, hopefully it pays well, but is there a specific reason you like to act all high and mighty? You may be a good guy or legitimately smart, but you sure as fuck are acting like quite the piece of shit.

wrath
04-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Maybe he's a director of none? We have managers of none where I work.

easytoremember
04-22-2009, 04:19 PM
lol you all have no clue what you're talking about. I'm too busy enjoying myself to continue to explain this.

I asked a MILWAUKEE area car club about an area of MILWAUKEE, and got little input. You all poked and questioned who am I and what I do, why do you care?

I don't feel like explaining my thought process to you anymore. I'll keep enjoying my profession, and my success in it.

easytoremember
04-22-2009, 04:21 PM
why are you bringin up money? who cares.

I'm here cause I race cars, build cars and own a shop.

i never once mentioned money, and never will. That's between me and my employer. I'm not here for a pissing contest. People will beat me and I will beat people, who cares.

88Nightmare
04-22-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm gonna agree with the others. You came off as having a cocky arrogant attitude, thus you received replies in the same manner.

PureSound15
04-22-2009, 04:34 PM
lol you all have no clue what you're talking about. I'm too busy enjoying myself to continue to explain this.

I am truly enjoying myself as well. I asked a simple question and seem to get the run-around.

You can't ask a question like that and expect everyone to supply an answer without being curious about the origination.

"Hey guys - how do you tie a noose" would receive the same response. Sadly, all of us can tell that you WANTED a response but we're not willing to swoon for you as you would like.

michelle
04-22-2009, 04:39 PM
I don't know many professionals who would be so vague (i.e. What can you tell me about UW-parkside?) when asking for information. A little more added to your original question/post would have provided a better outcome in this thread.

0TransAm0
04-22-2009, 04:40 PM
You have got to be kidding.

I was born and raised in Racine, I left 7 years ago and I won't ever move back.
They have had their recent uplift in commerce in parts of the city, but come on. Being an extremely experienced resident of that town, I would not move back there. The local economy is drying up and crime is on the rise. I have also lived in Wauwatosa and now Waukesha. I love it here.

But hey, whatever. Just a personal opinion I guess. Just way too much going on up this way compared to down in Racine. Every time I go into that town all I see are grumpy faces.

ive been in racine 27 years my whole life..i wouldn't mind moveing but i sure as fuck wouldn't want to go to milwaukee..i have always lived more in the county than in the city..i hate the busy roads of the city i do my best to avoid that shit.

lordairgtar
04-22-2009, 06:34 PM
I kinda forgot what this thread was about, oh yeah...jobs?

SSDude
04-22-2009, 08:42 PM
I kinda forgot what this thread was about, oh yeah...jobs?

You know, the bookstore director that runs a car shop and can't decide if Parkside's for him.:goof

Nick
04-22-2009, 08:46 PM
ive been in racine 27 years my whole life..i wouldn't mind moveing but i sure as fuck wouldn't want to go to milwaukee..i have always lived more in the county than in the city..i hate the busy roads of the city i do my best to avoid that shit.

I'll agree with that. I cant stand living in or near the city. At least at this point in my life. So i'm out in the boonies in Waukesha from Tosa (65th & North)