PDA

View Full Version : my attempt at pictiure taking

GRAMPS SS
04-19-2009, 07:53 PM
don't know how these will look.i know a few wanted to see what the old man shot.....had proofs scanned by a friend and put on a disk and put them on my PC...so here are 2 pics of Sean...untouched...not a bit of PS..the one with the white high light was done with the camera...so you can say what you will ..opinons ..thoughts...???..don't know what size they will print out till i hit the button...so if tooooo big...i'm sorry...here they go....

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/GRAMPS_SS/Scan2_0002.jpg

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/GRAMPS_SS/Scan1_0001.jpg

URLOZIN
04-19-2009, 07:55 PM
The first one looks good. A lot better than my picture taking abilities ( or lack there of)

GRAMPS SS
04-19-2009, 08:13 PM
i need them scanned with a better scanner..looking at the proofs here...they are perfect..dead nuts on...scanning made them look all grainy and poor quality scan as well...you have to see the proofs...maybe one day when we all meet up...or when nick or scott come out here...they can give it a shot...

nismodave
04-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Great pics. Sean is growing up fast!!

Nick
04-19-2009, 09:02 PM
I can factor in the point that the scanner was probably not high res enough to capture the actual photo quality. The compositions are great. Lighting is great.

Only thing I don't like is that cloudy framing around the second shot. I don't like that in anything though. My personal taste.

Being that this is done with film i'm impressed. It's tough looking for locations that don't have distractions. With Digital, it's easy to edit that out.

I look forward to seeing more.

lilws6
04-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Oh no does the old man need an upgrade to DSLR? lol pics are good but the scanner must suck. you should come take some snaps of my car wen i get it clean so i can look at your queer for some lighting adjustments

GRAMPS SS
04-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Oh no does the old man need an upgrade to DSLR? lol pics are good but the scanner must suck. you should come take some snaps of my car wen i get it clean so i can look at your queer for some lighting adjustments

the old man will die with his Hassleblad film cameras ...do dig for me..so sorry.............:goof

yea the scanner sucked...need to find someone with a better scanner....

RanJer
04-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Where did you have the proofs developed? I know Walmart/Walgreens can put them on a disc for you right away, no need to scan. Unless of course you develop in house or have someone do it in house.. that wouldn't help much..

Looks more like his Dad every day. Poor kid... :goof

GRAMPS SS
04-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Where did you have the proofs developed? I know Walmart/Walgreens can put them on a disc for you right away, no need to scan. Unless of course you develop in house or have someone do it in house.. that wouldn't help much..

Looks more like his Dad every day. Poor kid... :goof

WALLY WORLD doesn't delvel 220 roll film that i know of...i have a lab in Iowa that does all my work....
and if he keeps looking like me...he will be a babe magnet...wait..from what i see...he already is...:goof

Nick
04-20-2009, 11:05 PM
the old man will die with his Hassleblad film cameras ...do dig for me..so sorry.............:goof

yea the scanner sucked...need to find someone with a better scanner....

Leave for me in your will? :thumbsup :durr