PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist RANT

URLOZIN
04-19-2009, 07:21 PM
So I try listing my camaro in the Milwaukee craigslist, less than 30 minutes, its flagged and removed. Next I put it in the Rockford craigslist, it lasted 20 minutes and then was flagged and removed. Finally I tried Milwaukee, and it lasted about 2-3 hours and was flagged and removed. I'm f-ing pissed. i took a lot of time out of my day to list those and some dumbass flags them before anyone can get a look at the listing. Anyone have this problem? Anyone know a way around this? It's making me very mad.:devil

Voodoo Chick
04-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Is someone just flagging them to **** with you?? Couldn't you report it to someone?

xxtremeteam
04-19-2009, 07:24 PM
takes more than one person flagging them to have them removed-is the asking price real low that would make people think its a scam??

craigslist provides free and nearly instantaneous self-publishing for tens of millions of user postings each month, subject only to our Terms of Use and other posted guidelines.

Our flagging system allows craigslist users to mark inappropriate postings for speedy removal, while preserving everyone's ability to express themselves freely and in a timely fashion.

By using the flagging feature located at the upper right corner of each post, you can take action if you feel a posting is inappropriate, by clicking on:

miscategorized - wrong category/site, discusses another ad, otherwise misplaced
prohibited - violates craigslist Terms of Use or other posted guidelines
spam/overpost - posted too frequently, in multiple cities/categories, or is too commercial
If a post receives enough negative flags it will automatically be removed (only one flag per person per post is counted).

Posters whose postings are repeatedly flagged are subject to staff review and additional remedial measures.

You can also nominate funny or memorable postings for inclusion in "best of craigslist".

Millions of postings are removed through community flagging each month, and of these we consistently find that 98-99% are in violation of the craigslist terms of use or other posted guidelines.

No moderation system is perfect, and 1-2% of ads removed through flagging are within our terms of use--but without the flagging system, craigslist would quickly become unusable.

If your ad has been flagged off and you'd like help figuring out why, visit our flag help forum and provide the appropriate information about your posting to the helpful volunteers there.

Flagged postings that meet our guidelines and Terms of Use may be reposted, reworded as necessary.

Posted diatribes against flagging tend to get flagged off quickly.

URLOZIN
04-19-2009, 07:27 PM
I guarantee its not someone that knows me or my car. I'm guessing its someone else selling the same kind of car and wants less competition, but I'm not sure. This is one of the 3 the emails I got from craigslist in the last 5 or 6 hours.

Your posting has been flagged for removal.

Approximately 98% of postings removed are in violation of craigslist posting guidelines.

Please make sure you are abiding by all posted site rules, including our terms of use:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/terms.of.use.html

If you need help figuring out why your posting was flagged, try asking in our flag help forum: http://forums.craigslist.org/?forumID=3. Include posting title, body, category, city, how often posted, any images, HTML markup, etc.

If your posting was wrongly flagged down (2% of flagged ads are) please accept our apologies and feel free to repost.

Sorry for the hassle, and thanks for your understanding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 1240182154
PostID: 1130266919
Title: (cars & trucks - by owner) 2000 camaro for sale or trade
I have a pewter camaro. It's a 2000 with the 200hp 3.8 v6. It's an autmatic. With 127k miles, mostly highway. Excellent condition. Just normal scratches from age. This thing runs great and is fast. I may be interested in a trade. What do you have? Any questions just ask.

URLOZIN
04-19-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm asking 4500 obo, its about average.

xxtremeteam
04-19-2009, 07:29 PM
I have had good luck with craigslist other than some off the wall low ball offers to ignore

URLOZIN
04-19-2009, 07:40 PM
I have had good luck with craigslist other than some off the wall low ball offers to ignore
I have had great success with craigslist, that's why I don't understand his happening.

sloLs1
04-19-2009, 07:47 PM
speaking of craigslist....

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1130318926.html

:rolf sorry i had too.... i didnt feel like starting a new thread!

TheRX7Project
04-19-2009, 07:55 PM
I'd buy those for $2k

URLOZIN
04-19-2009, 07:58 PM

lol. wow.

wrath
04-19-2009, 08:14 PM
You should post the ad here so we can see it. Sometimes people flag stuff just for what you say, or it's a competitor flagging them.

SmokinRAM114
04-19-2009, 10:32 PM

flagged:rolf

URLOZIN
04-20-2009, 04:30 AM
You should post the ad here so we can see it. Sometimes people flag stuff just for what you say, or it's a competitor flagging them.
I did post it here. It's under the email they sent me. that's my exact ad, very short and to the point.

I have a pewter camaro. It's a 2000 with the 200hp 3.8 v6. It's an autmatic. With 127k miles, mostly highway. Excellent condition. Just normal scratches from age. This thing runs great and is fast. I may be interested in a trade. What do you have? Any questions just ask.

SSDude
04-20-2009, 05:15 AM
So I try listing my camaro in the Milwaukee craigslist, less than 30 minutes, its flagged and removed. Next I put it in the Rockford craigslist, it lasted 20 minutes and then was flagged and removed. Finally I tried Milwaukee, and it lasted about 2-3 hours and was flagged and removed. I'm f-ing pissed. i took a lot of time out of my day to list those and some dumbass flags them before anyone can get a look at the listing. Anyone have this problem? Anyone know a way around this? It's making me very mad.:devil

When you make an ad don't use any extra symbols in your title if you do. I've seen some guys rant on there a few times that they'll flag ads that are full of *_*_*_* and L@@K and ~!~!~!~! stuff. Just make, model, year and price shouldn't attract any undue attention. That's the only other thing i can think the ad nazi's would be looking for.

URLOZIN
04-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah I don't like it when people do it either. But my title was 2000 camaro for sale or trade. Then a brief description, mileage, options, and condition. I'm going to try again today and see how it goes.

DirtyMax
04-20-2009, 02:07 PM
There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with your ad. Someone is just being a knob.

94greenbandit
04-20-2009, 02:22 PM
This thing runs great and is fast. I may be interested in a trade. What do you have? Any questions just ask.

In red is your problem :thumbsup

URLOZIN
04-20-2009, 03:39 PM
its fast for a v6.lol. that gets 29 mpg. I've beet quite a few different v8 mustangs with my previous stock v6

Rocket Power
04-20-2009, 03:58 PM
I did post it here. It's under the email they sent me. that's my exact ad, very short and to the point.

Maybe they are spelling Nazis:rolf

URLOZIN
04-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Maybe they are spelling Nazis:rolf
Didn't even catch that I'm kind of a spelling nazi. lol

sloLs1
04-20-2009, 06:04 PM
flagged:rolf

well i geuss you were too slow to veiw it!:rolf