PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as a GOOD real estate agent?

pOrk
04-19-2009, 04:25 PM
I have been through 4 of them, 3 of which didn't return calls / emails in a timely manner ( 5-6 days before I heard back ) and the most recent has cost me TWO houses because she didn't keep me up to date and doesn't want to do anything like work.

I need a real estate agent that finds me houses THE DAY they come on the market, not 4 weeks later after they've gotten 9 offers. I need an agent that will find me a house with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, not an angent that sends me EVERY HOUSE on the market that falls into my price range.

Is there such a thing? I just want somone who wants to make an attempt at helping me find a house, every one of them I've talked to is obviously taking on too many clients and doesn't have the time to send off an email or make a phone call.

Lash
04-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Dani Austin Rauch
First Webber
414-788-3264

She did great work for us.

SSDude
04-19-2009, 04:49 PM
This guy was my neighbor for a while. Stand up guy who's been in the business
for many years. I've never used him myself but I wouldn't hesitate to.
Mike Paine Remax Realty 100
mpaine@wi.rr.com

pOrk
04-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Dani Austin Rauch
First Webber
414-788-3264

She did great work for us.

I'll call her tomorrow, thanks :thumbsup

I'm looking for people who have had 1st hand experience, not friends of someone who is been in the buisness or what not. The last agent was found that route, and although they may be a great friend / neighbor / uncle, they may not be great w/ real estate. Thanks for the suggestions :)

0TransAm0
04-19-2009, 06:18 PM
christie graham with homestead realty the girlfriend and i are useing her right now and she is great..we damn near get daily updates weather it be e-mail or a phone call. and she is even previewing houses for us. we tell her whaty we want and thats ALL she sends us..

SSDude
04-19-2009, 06:34 PM

I'm looking for people who have had 1st hand experience, not friends of someone who is been in the buisness or what not. The last agent was found that route, and although they may be a great friend / neighbor / uncle, they may not be great w/ real estate. Thanks for the suggestions :)

Sorry man I would never steer anyone to a schitty agent or salesperson. I know what you mean, experience speaks volumes. Best of luck with your search.:thumbsup

Lash
04-19-2009, 06:35 PM

)

Tell her Luke and Ashley sent ya.

Shes awesome and doesn't take any bullshit from other realtors or sellers.
She'll tell it like it is.

wrath
04-19-2009, 08:03 PM
I've been through a couple. The one that was assigned to me via Prudential for relocation isn't worth poo.

The one I have now was a little sketchy at first but when it comes down to looking at houses/negotiating she's really good. She's VERY responsive. The reason we picked her was because she remembered us 3 months after we first met her at an open house she was covering for another agent. Nobody ever remembers us. We've even gone to some open houses twice and the listing agent doesn't remember us... and we use phony names every time.

I don't think she's had to deal with someone like me before so it's probably a bit different with me. I need someone to get me in houses and make an offer, not much else. She's pretty good at sending me stuff before it hits the MLS also.

What you need is an agent that will send you everything in your pricerange for a range of ZIP codes automagically that has a status update, new listing, or price change. You'll get daily digests (if they use mlswis.com, ask for it if they try to use their crappy in-house stuff) and then you can weed them out yourself.

Having a realtor do your filtering for you is probably a bad idea. I've never gotten it to work right. For example, I want a 3 bedroom house in the 1200-1400sqft range with a 2 car attached or no garage (but room to put one in) with a lot size of at least 10,000 square feet. There are a ton of houses I'd have missed out on if I had them send me only stuff in those parameters. It's more labor-intensive but you'll have better results.

There is a lady we ran across at Shorewest that didn't try to bullshit me that I liked too. If this current lady didn't pan out we were going to go with her.

I've run across 250+ realtors and some stand out, and not in a good way.

Jsho13
04-19-2009, 08:31 PM
When we bought our house last spring we used a good family friend. We looked at a ton of properties and she was very good. Helpful in all the aspects, I think we even put in our offer on a Sunday and we reached a deal that night. Also helped my parents find their house a couple years ago and sold their old one.

She worked with shorewest

CATNHAT
04-19-2009, 09:55 PM
No.

RanJer
04-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Not trying to break any rules, but I know Exitspeed's wife is an agent. From what I've seen, good at what she does. Maybe worth a PM...