PDA

View Full Version : Saleen Supershaker.

STANMAN
04-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Well, I locked in an install date: May 12th. Mine will be painted white of course! Here's a link to what the Saleen's sound like with the Super Shaker option:

http://site.brenspeed.com/info/media/supershaker.wmv

I can't WAIT!!!! Also getting a boost gauge in the left most air vent, fits PERFECTLY without the need for a gauge pod. Stoked now:thumbsup

Josepy
04-17-2009, 12:47 PM
That will wake the blower up for sure.

That_Guy
04-17-2009, 01:30 PM
loud blower = super sexy..

good purchase

07ROUSHSTG3
04-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Well, I locked in an install date: May 12th. Mine will be painted white of course! Here's a link to what the Saleen's sound like with the Super Shaker option:

http://site.brenspeed.com/info/media/supershaker.wmv

I can't WAIT!!!! Also getting a boost gauge in the left most air vent, fits PERFECTLY without the need for a gauge pod. Stoked now:thumbsup

must be a ROUSH pod??? they are pretty slick.
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28654

CATNHAT
04-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Looks and sounds pretty good. White will look good.

How much $$$$

07ROUSHSTG3
04-17-2009, 02:59 PM
won't the white break up your stripe though Bob??

STANMAN
04-17-2009, 03:10 PM
won't the white break up your stripe though Bob??

Yeah, but I have to go with something, as the black it comes in would be totally screwed up. I have seen lots of Stangs with stripes that have shakers that are body color and to me it looks normal I guess. If I get it and don't like it, I can have them lay stripes on after install, but then you know over time the stripes won't line up as the engine mounts move, hood moves, ect. So yeah, body color it is and hopefully it looks fine.

STANMAN
04-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Looks and sounds pretty good. White will look good.

How much $$$$

$1700 for the shaker upgrade, painted.

STANMAN
04-17-2009, 03:14 PM
That will wake the blower up for sure.

Brenspeed doesn't sell it as a performance increase (I don't want any more anyway, it's already de-tuned, lol), they say it's strictly for the sound and the look. Then they also stated that with my long tube headers and 1 size smaller pulley that I will see a 1-2PSI boost from the Shaker unit. Apperantly though with the stock manifolds the performance just doesn't increase that much with the shaker.

07ROUSHSTG3
04-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Brenspeed doesn't sell it as a performance increase (I don't want any more anyway, it's already de-tuned, lol), they say it's strictly for the sound and the look. Then they also stated that with my long tube headers and 1 size smaller pulley that I will see a 1-2PSI boost from the Shaker unit. Apperantly though with the stock manifolds the performance just doesn't increase that much with the shaker.

i would be willing to bet that you see a power increase. granted not a huge one, but something.

and yeah, i never thought of the thing moving, so it would be silly to put stripes on it. :thumbsup

PonyKiller87
04-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Just curious how the filter works in that thing. Is it just like a K&N panel filter in there? If so do you have to worry about sucking in water when driving in the rain?

STANMAN
04-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Just curious how the filter works in that thing. Is it just like a K&N panel filter in there? If so do you have to worry about sucking in water when driving in the rain?

I know it has a drain hose. How it works, I have no clue really. I am sure I will have a better understanding after install.

Flicktitty
04-17-2009, 04:46 PM
good stuff, what about having it painted and if it doesn't get TOO hot have a red vinyl done where the stripe would/should be?

michelle
04-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Yay!!

lordairgtar
04-17-2009, 06:46 PM
OK car ramrod, where did you find that video clip in your sig?

GRAMPS SS
04-17-2009, 06:51 PM
1700.00 to sound like a SIZZLER...since you don't want any more performance...i wish i had your cash....good luck with the new toy...

Josepy
04-17-2009, 06:55 PM
1700.00 to sound like a SIZZLER...since you don't want any more performance...i wish i had your cash....good luck with the new toy...

I was just going to say that.

STANMAN
04-17-2009, 07:34 PM

I think it sounds like a KB, have always loved that whine.:thumbsup

I don't have a lot of vices like smoking, or drinking, and I stay in every weekend now, so yeah, I have some extra $$$ laying around. I will be selling some guns to finance some of this though. It's OK, I have a few to spare.

STANMAN
04-17-2009, 07:35 PM
good stuff, what about having it painted and if it doesn't get TOO hot have a red vinyl done where the stripe would/should be?

I want to see how it looks white, I can make choices from there.