PDA

View Full Version : New bar opening in downtown Waukesha *04/22/09*

Deggy
04-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Just letting you all know, that my friend is opening up a new bar in Waukesha. It will be open at 11am until bar close on april 22. That is a Wed. The address is 409 Delafield Street Waukesha, Wi. The bar is located where the old Blue Cave was, for those who have ever been there. The new bar is called Club Velvet. We did a complete remodel on the inside. Looks great and there will be security and a mild dress code. (Ect no sideways hats, gang tattoos, and stuff like that). The Blue cave when it was there had a lot of problems with bar fights and stuff like that. This is under completely new ownership. Come check it out. House music will be mainly 50's-late 80's and some early 90's rock. No hip hop. Opening night will be an Open Mic/Open Jam night, so if you play, come check it out.

Hope to meet some of you there!

And..... for the grand opening, of course there will be great drink specials.

wrath
04-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Didn't that used to be Christina's Barf Bag and Reheated Banquet Salsbury Steak Dinners?

RanJer
04-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Didn't that used to be Christina's Barf Bag and Reheated Banquet Salsbury Steak Dinners?

Christina's II Banquet Hall‎ -
409 Delafield St, Waukesha, WI‎

Just drove past there earlier today and the Christina's II sign was still up...

Deggy
04-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Signs will be changed by Monday. The banquet hall is now also owned by my friend. Will be changed to the J. Marie Banquet center. There is lettering under the Christinas 2 sign about Club Velvet.

Yeehaw
04-18-2009, 01:09 PM
soo george no longer owns that building eh? i remember always hanging out there when i was a kid my grandpa was in the VFW and they lived up the street....

will have to check this new place out :-)

RanJer
04-18-2009, 01:25 PM
So is it gonna be like... a downtown Milwaukee club where I'll feel way out of place? or will the have pool/darts and whatnot...

Deggy
04-18-2009, 01:27 PM
There are 4 dart boards and a pool table, so we can shoot some darts Jer.

buttersgt350
04-20-2009, 10:56 AM
i will stop in some time, i live less than 2 miles away

Deggy
04-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Sundays I will be running Karaoke there.

lordairgtar
04-26-2009, 11:31 PM
You do karaoke? Hmmmm. My niece got married in that place a couple of years ago.

Deggy
04-27-2009, 10:46 AM
You do karaoke? Hmmmm. My niece got married in that place a couple of years ago.

I have been following the owner of Club Velvet for almost 2 years now around to his karaoke shows. I learned how everything works, and he offered me a job. He is like my best friend. If you are ever in the bar, ask for Brian, he looks like Elvis.

Last night was the first night of karaoke. Pretty decent turnout, you guys should stop up sometime. Over 140k songs to choose from.

lordairgtar
04-27-2009, 06:43 PM
That's a lot of songs. Can I bring my own?

Deggy
04-28-2009, 12:01 PM
That's a lot of songs. Can I bring my own?

You mean like your own CDG's? Is that what they are called?

If you want, we can set it up for you, but I'm sure any song you'd wanna sing, we have in our selection. All the songs are stored on an external hard drive and we use the a program called RoxBox, to play and display the songs on the screen and play through our speakers.

Any other questions, shoot me a PM or gimme a call. 414-520-0510 or you can email me too. Blackgrandamgt@gmail.com

Email's go directly to my iPhone.