PDA

View Full Version : Britain's Got Talent shocker

u_say_go
04-15-2009, 07:17 PM
This video is too cool to hide in the video/gaming section. Incredible!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3qvCJNSwSM&feature=bz303

Goat Roper
04-15-2009, 07:51 PM
I watched this earlier today, amazing

FYI, she is a charity worker and nothing more. This version of the cideo doesn't have a HQ version but it has her back story; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY&feature=related This afternoon it was at 5 million views, right now it is 8.1 million.

This small, brave soul took her courage in her hands to pitch at her one hope of having her singing talent recognised, and was greeted with a communal sneer. Courage could so easily have failed her. Yet why shouldn't she sound wonderful? Not every great singer looks like Katherine Jenkins. Edith Piaf would never have been chosen to strut a catwalk. Nor would Nina Simone, nor Ella Fitzgerald.

But then ridicule is nothing new in Susan Boyle's life. She is a veteran of abuse. She was starved of oxygen at birth and has learning difficulties as a result. At school she was slow and had frizzy hair. She was bullied, mostly verbally. She told one newspaper that her classmates' jibes left behind the kind of scars that don't heal. She didn't have boyfriends, is a stranger to romance and has never been kissed. "Shame," she said. Singing was her life-raft. She lived with her parents in a four-bedroom council house and, when her father died a decade ago, she cared for her mother and sang in the church choir.

Cryptic
04-15-2009, 07:52 PM
You haven't seen British Ben singing some Boston. Damn brits and their vocal cords. :goof

Silver86
04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
that was absolutely amazing!

Anakonda69
04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
wow.....

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
04-15-2009, 08:00 PM
You haven't seen British Ben singing some Boston. Damn brits and their vocal cords. :goof

Andy, that's hilarious:rolf

Damn English people can sing.

u_say_go
04-15-2009, 08:02 PM
47 years old, never had a boyfriend, never even been kissed, lives in the house she grew up in with her cat.
I hope this woman goes on to be a huge success! First thing that came to mind is "she'd be perfect to record Disney movie soundtracks"

Goat Roper
04-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah, if you do only want to watch 15 seconds of video just start at 2:20, that is the clincher

Reverend Cooper
04-15-2009, 09:29 PM

Ya he cant sing down with the sickness for shit tho

Voodoo Chick
04-16-2009, 12:49 AM
That video made me cry......she seems so sweet, and although she looks ordinary, she has that beautiful voice. Very inspiring.

johnny--2k
04-16-2009, 12:34 PM
That was pretty cool! Good for her!

Karps TA
04-16-2009, 12:42 PM
I do not mean to come off cold and calous here but what's the shocker? That ugly people can be talented? There's lots of talented ugly people.

tommyt5078
04-16-2009, 12:45 PM
I just watched and I'm shocked!!!!

I just hope it's real!!!!!

07ROUSHSTG3
04-16-2009, 01:06 PM
I do not mean to come off cold and calous here but what's the shocker? That ugly people can be talented? There's lots of talented ugly people.

on a show like that.........YES! when you so the ugly people on Idol, you just expect them to be there for one reason, to crash and burn.

like other posts said, I hope she finds success.

Karps TA
04-16-2009, 01:36 PM
I would have been shocked if she went out and started rapping like Ludicris or Eminem. The fact that she can sing just isn't surprising at all to me.

Voodoo Chick
04-16-2009, 02:03 PM
I don't think the shocking part is that the lady can sing, it's the fact that most people judge by her appearance that she can't. I think the shock came to the viewer, like the beauty of her voice brought to some people the clear picture of maybe a not-so-nice part of themselves. We are very quick to judge people based on appearance, and develop pre-conceived notions about who they are, and when we are proven wrong, sometimes it can come as a shock. In this case, everyone looked at her, and thought "Well, she's not beautiful, so how can she be anything special?" and then, when they heard the beauty of her voice, it reminded us that beauty is often hidden, and that there's something mean and judgemental inside many of us. To me, it was inspring in many ways, and very eye-opening.

Karps TA
04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
I guess I should just feel better then cause perhaps I'm nowhere near as shallow as I thought I was. lol

MoCkiN U
04-16-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't think the shocking part is that the lady can sing, it's the fact that most people judge by her appearance that she can't. I think the shock came to the viewer, like the beauty of her voice brought to some people the clear picture of maybe a not-so-nice part of themselves. We are very quick to judge people based on appearance, and develop pre-conceived notions about who they are, and when we are proven wrong, sometimes it can come as a shock. In this case, everyone looked at her, and thought "Well, she's not beautiful, so how can she be anything special?" and then, when they heard the beauty of her voice, it reminded us that beauty is often hidden, and that there's something mean and judgemental inside many of us. To me, it was inspring in many ways, and very eye-opening.

preach on girly......preach on

Voodoo Chick
04-16-2009, 02:54 PM
preach on girly......preach on

Nah.....I'm all preached out for today. :shades

lordairgtar
04-16-2009, 06:36 PM
I think I posted that one in the Music section. Glad it was posted in here as well. I know what this woman went through in her childhood, mine was similar. Awesome voice! I can sing too, but not quite like that...WOW. Still, all that crap she put up with from school age and yet she still overcame and has a generous soul.

u_say_go
04-16-2009, 07:20 PM
kinda reminds me of this dude.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Ae9gLm2Qo

Voodoo Chick
04-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Kinda reminds me of something I witnessed years ago......I was working at Grand Avenue mall, and I was closing the store I worked at, the mall was completely empty. There was a janitor out in the main area, by the piano. He was a little old black guy, who had that look about him that maybe life hadn't treated him well. I saw him from time to time mopping after hours. As I was cleaning, I heard someone playing "The Moonlight Sonata" on the piano, and it was so beautiful, and when I looked out, it was the janitor. I just listened to him play, and when he finished, he looked at the piano, kinda sighed, stood, and went back to mopping the floor. He never even knew anyone heard him play. It was one of the most beautiful and sad things I ever saw, and I don't think I will ever be able to describe it accurately to anyone. It was like he was sitting there thinking for just a moment about what he could have been.

Goat Roper
04-16-2009, 07:37 PM
I would say you described it pretty well

CAMAROJV123
04-26-2009, 08:42 PM
she was just on larry king about 2 minuites ago =]