PDA

View Full Version : Adobe CS3 question

Silver03SRT
04-15-2009, 07:34 AM
I am having trouble printing to scale in CS3. I import the ai file and when I go to print full scale it automatically puts it on a 8.5 X 11 sheet when my plotter can print 36 X whatever. I make sure I change the sheet size but it still does not work. Is there a driver I need or something that I am missing? Any help would be appreciated.

animal
04-15-2009, 07:35 AM
MS Paint ftw :goof :rolf

Silver03SRT
04-15-2009, 07:38 AM
These prints have to be big some as large as 36 X 50 or so. Do I need to put the printers limits in there and if so how do I do that. I would think by putting the sheet size on there that it would assume that the printer can handle it.

Exitspeed
04-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Did you make the file you were working on those sizes? Or are you working in a 8.5x11 file?

Silver03SRT
04-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Did you make the file you were working on those sizes? Or are you working in a 8.5x11 file?

The file size is full scale so the one I am working on now is 10 X 18 I have the sheet size being 11 X 19 but when it prints it only prints to 8.5 X 11 for some reason I cant change the printing area size. I dont know if this is a issue with the printer not being setup right or if its something I am missing in adobe that I have to fix.

Exitspeed
04-15-2009, 07:58 AM
The file size is full scale so the one I am working on now is 10 X 18 I have the sheet size being 11 X 19 but when it prints it only prints to 8.5 X 11 for some reason I cant change the printing area size. I dont know if this is a issue with the printer not being setup right or if its something I am missing in adobe that I have to fix.

I'll find out the reason for you in a bit when I go into work.

Silver03SRT
04-15-2009, 08:22 AM
I'll find out the reason for you in a bit when I go into work.

Thanks. I dont need to know until later this afternoon I wont be able to go down to that facility until this afternoon anyways. The plotter we have at the place I work at here is a different set up. But our place down there I cant get it to plot.

Troutman
04-15-2009, 10:59 AM
what size do you have your media set at?

click the print button, the print window will come up, there is a "media" section in that window. the size is probably set to letter. change it to whatever size will work for your file/plotter. to make sure you have the printing border area set correctly go to your tool bar on the left. in the bottom right corner there will either be a hand , or a page icon with cross hairs. use that page/crsshairs tool to drag the printing border area around your image.

you should be good to go

Silver03SRT
04-15-2009, 11:43 AM
what size do you have your media set at?

click the print button, the print window will come up, there is a "media" section in that window. the size is probably set to letter. change it to whatever size will work for your file/plotter. to make sure you have the printing border area set correctly go to your tool bar on the left. in the bottom right corner there will either be a hand , or a page icon with cross hairs. use that page/crsshairs tool to drag the printing border area around your image.

you should be good to go

It wont let me change the media size. I can not enter a custom size just the defaults.