PDA

View Full Version : Dodge/Mitsu tech?

LIL EVO
04-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Anyone a Dodge/Mitsu tech? There is an open transfer case recall for my car and I want to ensure I CORRECTLY get a new transfer case or repair.

Not sure if Dodge actually does the work since it's all Mitsubishi parts.

I don't want to go to a random dealer, have them inspect it, and say "oh everything is fine" and send me on my way like an idiot.

Moparjim
04-13-2009, 08:13 PM
That's exactly what they do sadly. The "recall" is simply to check to make sure all your fluid didn't leak out, and if it did, replace the seals and fill it. I have heard of very few if anyone that actually got a new transfer case.

Russ Jerome
04-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Drain the fluid out down the block, help the ailing economy with an imported T-case install by a local techs.

BigBlackZ71
04-13-2009, 09:38 PM
What is your VIN number I can check at work tomorrow

twicks69
04-13-2009, 10:51 PM
As far as I know, the most they will do will be seal replacement only.

I tried to do it on the GVR4 recently, and ended up just purchasing the seals and hardware instead. It is such an easy thing to do that I will just do it myself. Then, I don't have anyone else screwing it up.

wikked
04-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Yap, Griffin Mitsu/Dodge took about 3mins to inspect mine, and sent me on my way.

07ROUSHSTG3
04-14-2009, 01:10 PM
what is you vin, i can run it for you if it is a chrysler product.

and yeah, they are not going to replace anything unless necessary, especially for warranty rate.

07ROUSHSTG3
04-14-2009, 01:25 PM
As far as I know, the most they will do will be seal replacement only.

I tried to do it on the GVR4 recently, and ended up just purchasing the seals and hardware instead. It is such an easy thing to do that I will just do it myself. Then, I don't have anyone else screwing it up.

they will replace the t-case if: both the seals are leaking AND there is internal gear damage.

The transfer case must be inspected. If the transfer case is not leaking, the transfer
case oil must be changed. If the transfer case is leaking, it must be resealed. If the
transfer case is cracked or if the internal gears are damaged, then the transfer case
must be replaced.

BigBlackZ71
04-14-2009, 10:02 PM
PM sent