PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a NICE place to live Southwest Mil.

brotherbenn83
04-12-2009, 08:37 AM
So like I said above, I'm looking for a new place to live. I am currently in Hales Corners and would like to stay in the HC/muskego/franklin/new berlin area. Would also be willing to move farther out of city, like southern waukesha/mukwonago area. My wife and I are looking for either a recommended apartment, or if someone on here knows someone renting a house. Current lease ends July 31st, so we have quite a bit of time to find something. Need more space for my almost-3 year old son to run around.

Needs:
2 bedrooms
Garage (1 car ok, 2 would be a bonus)
Washer/Dryer IN UNIT or at least hookups
Hoping to spend NO MORE than $850/month

Is it possible?

lordairgtar
04-12-2009, 12:06 PM
We don't have garages but the Willow Glen apartments in Muskego are nice and under your price point. We have to pay our own utilities and you can get appliances or use your own as there are hook ups plus there is a laundry house as well. We even have a paintball area (unofficial). Houses in Muskego tend to the 1200 dollar range and up!

michelle
04-12-2009, 12:29 PM
We're moving out of our place soon on the New Berlin/Brookfield border (might be a bit north for you though). It's a 2-bedroom, 2-bath with a 2-car garage (and extra parking outside). All full-size appliances and a typical apartment size washer/dryer. We pay $880 a month and there is an upper available and then our lower will be available soon. I would recommend the upper - it's a 12 apartment building, but in a nice area and really easy to jump on I-94.

Holeshot
04-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Where are you moving to Michelle?

brotherbenn83
04-12-2009, 05:23 PM
We're moving out of our place soon on the New Berlin/Brookfield border (might be a bit north for you though). It's a 2-bedroom, 2-bath with a 2-car garage (and extra parking outside). All full-size appliances and a typical apartment size washer/dryer. We pay $880 a month and there is an upper available and then our lower will be available soon. I would recommend the upper - it's a 12 apartment building, but in a nice area and really easy to jump on I-94.

I'm sure that my future neighbors would MUCH prefer my 3 year old son on the ground floor, considering he likes to run and jump so damn much. That's not too far north...one thing I forgot to mention is that I want a private entry, cuz shared hallways FU*KIN SUCK!

1320PNY
04-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Our Building, Bridlewood Apt Homes (Pewaukee) is 1 block South of Capitol on 164 "Pewaukee Rd". We have a 2 bedroom with 2 bathrooms, living area w/vaulted ceiling and fireplace, kitchen, dining area, laundry room, our own entrance, 1 car garage (not attached). Heat is included (hydronic - through floor water). Our rent is $970 per month, but I stated heat and hot water is included. My utilities otherwise are $45 a month.

Place is nice, big courtyards between buildings. Lots of older folks staying here, so it's pretty quiet. There is a "pet" building (where I live) that allows small dogs and cats.

I know it isn't where you wanted to live, but it is nice and affordable.

brotherbenn83
04-12-2009, 06:11 PM
1320PNY: That's exactly the kind of helpful info I'm looking for, thanks. Just need some non-bs opinions about finding a new place to live.

Goat Roper
04-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Here along 66th Street in Franklin there are quite a few townhouses that pop up. Always have an attached garage, usually 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath, basement, good yards and lots of other kids to play with. Very quiet area, great school (Robinwood Elementary), usually around $1000 a month. Things do open up from time to time, I will keep an eye out.

That_Guy
04-12-2009, 08:22 PM
my father has a few properties in the milwaukee "tosa area" and a few south of that might meet your criteria. ill give him a call in the morning and see what he has open for you to possibly walk through.

michelle
04-12-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm sure that my future neighbors would MUCH prefer my 3 year old son on the ground floor, considering he likes to run and jump so damn much. That's not too far north...one thing I forgot to mention is that I want a private entry, cuz shared hallways FU*KIN SUCK!

That's very true. I know Adam just loves our neighbor's daughter above us when she starts bouncing balls and whatnot. I think she got a drum set not too long ago too.

It's a private entry too with a small "porch" for a grill and some chairs. If you are interested, I could take some pictures. Just let me know. (:

johnny--2k
04-12-2009, 11:28 PM
yup. I live in an upper in the same place as Michelle and Adam. Nice place, one crazy neighbor (phil), but otherwise it's ok.

I actually am OK with Phil, but I just smile every time I see him, make small talk, and we seem to get along fine. He does have a very short temper though....very short.

brotherbenn83
04-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Here along 66th Street in Franklin there are quite a few townhouses that pop up. Always have an attached garage, usually 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath, basement, good yards and lots of other kids to play with. Very quiet area, great school (Robinwood Elementary), usually around $1000 a month. Things do open up from time to time, I will keep an eye out.

Between Rawson and Drexel near that nice park? I grew up in Franklin and that is definitely a pretty nice area.

brotherbenn83
04-13-2009, 05:57 PM
my father has a few properties in the milwaukee "tosa area" and a few south of that might meet your criteria. ill give him a call in the morning and see what he has open for you to possibly walk through.

Yeah that would work well, not opposed to Tosa at all. My wife works near Tosa/Milwaukee border so it would work out well for her. Let me know what he has available if anything.:headbang

brotherbenn83
04-17-2009, 05:32 AM
Found a couple places for $1100, trying to get down below $900. Anyone have a house for rent or know someone who does?

Exitspeed
04-17-2009, 08:20 AM
If you are looking for a little more upscale place I just noticed that those new condo's on Edgerton between hwy 100 and 116th street are now being rented as apartments. The wife and I looked at them last year and they are real nice.

I have no idea the cost of them but there is a sign outside that says they are advertising in one of the rent mags. I'd image it's around $1200-$2000 a month by the quality of the units.

That_Guy
04-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Yeah that would work well, not opposed to Tosa at all. My wife works near Tosa/Milwaukee border so it would work out well for her. Let me know what he has available if anything.:headbang

my dads got a place off of 56 and clark that may be opening at the end of the month he is still waiting on the tenant to make up his mind. ill pm you a little info on it.

brotherbenn83
04-17-2009, 01:48 PM
If you are looking for a little more upscale place I just noticed that those new condo's on Edgerton between hwy 100 and 116th street are now being rented as apartments. The wife and I looked at them last year and they are real nice.

I have no idea the cost of them but there is a sign outside that says they are advertising in one of the rent mags. I'd image it's around $1200-$2000 a month by the quality of the units.

Saw those, they are $1600-$2400/month. If they didn't sell as condos..I don't see how they are going to get rented for THAT much.

Exitspeed
04-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Saw those, they are $1600-$2400/month. If they didn't sell as condos..I don't see how they are going to get rented for THAT much.

Wow that's a lot. They are nice, but I'd rather rent a home for that much. Have you checked craigslist for homes to rent?

BeesTwinEG
04-17-2009, 03:18 PM
i'm in process of moving to cudahay.. lakeshore tower. very nice please! u should check it out