PDA

View Full Version : Anybody catch 20/20 last night?

Lash
04-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Watch it here...I think there are several parts to it.
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=7312540

To pretty much sum it up......

they were pushing how if a normal person carries a gun it does not increase their chance of survival in a dangerous situation.:stare
They were pretty much trying to say that you need EXTENSIVE training in order for that weapon to actually become useful if the situation arose
All of the stuff pissed me off.....but some of it was actually true.
Like the experiment they did when shooters walked into the classroom and started shooting....but the person with the gun on them couldn't get it out fast enough and became more of a target because they were concentrating more on getting the gun out than actually taking cover.
I'd still feel better with a gun though.
Then they had a gun go into a gun show and buy $5,000 worth of guns in about 1 hour and carry them out to his car....completely legal. That didn't really look good...lol.
The parts that pissed me off is when they started showing all of the "G's" with their guns.

Car Guy
04-11-2009, 10:34 PM
That report was VERY interesting.....:kennygun:

MoCkiN U
04-11-2009, 10:57 PM
I did see that last night. I was intrigued but even with military (navy) service I dont know shit about weapons at all so to see how some of them came out in that class exercise was neat. Especially where they were almost shooting each other when the shit hit the fan. Was surprised that none of them took cover and felt like if it werent put as a training exercise where they knew they were going home that day I feel like they would take cover and not just sit there and take 6 shots to center mass like the last female did even though she said "if were real I would probably be on the floor and hope that I were just about in a ambulance"

That_Guy
04-11-2009, 11:07 PM
i had to change the channel is was a load of liberal crap.

Rocket Power
04-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Didn't watch it, but I like my chances more with a gun than a hand full of wishes:goof

HITMAN
04-12-2009, 03:37 AM
Didn't watch it, but I like my chances more with a gun than a hand full of wishes:goof

Exactly. With a gun you might stand a chance. Without one, you are just another target.

I watched the show and in that classroom scenario they seemed to make a point to target the person with the gun. The guys playing the shooters were all firearms training pro's and expert marksman. How many street thugs can boast of those type of credentials? Most of those scumbags barely know which end of the gun the bullet comes out of. Plus, the participants all had to wear an extra long and tight shirt making it overly difficult to get the weapon to clear their clothing. It smacked a bit false to me, as most people that do carry concealed wear the sort of clothing that is lose and, well, concealing. If you're going to wear tight stuff that will easily show the outline of a gun and make it difficult to bring into battery then you aren't very smart.

As far as the type of killer that walks into a school and start blasting away, most of the perpetrators of these types of crimes just pick random targets. The ones that generally get killed are mostly victims of bad luck and poor choices. (Hiding under a desk hoping Jesus will make you invisible ain't going to cut it...) Even taken by surprise, you would stand at least as much of a chance of getting out of the shooter's immediate line of fire as the next person. That might be all the time you would need to find cover, un-sheath your weapon (hehe) and draw a bead on your assailant. I'm not saying you would be successful, but it's better odds than staring down a gunman like you're made of titanium or cowering in a corner hoping your weave is bullet-proof.

MurphysLaw88GT
04-12-2009, 10:34 AM
id rather die going for somethng in my jacket than crying "dont shoot me please"

ND4SPD
04-12-2009, 12:10 PM
What researchers did the reporters pair up with to do their "experiment"? Oh, that's right... they didn't. Keep in mind that shows like 20/20 have agendas... typically liberal ones at that. They will show you exactly what they want you to see. Remember the trucks with the exploding fuel tanks? Didn't work quite the way they wanted so they added a model rocket engine to kick things off. I've only made it through the first two people so far... but looks to me like they set this up to produce the exact results they wanted.

Okay watched the whole thing... yep, they set this up to get exactly the results they wanted.