PDA

View Full Version : Dont buy gas @ Clark by Airport

Got Boost
04-10-2009, 12:03 PM
As I stated in another post on another topic about shady gas stations I will share my experience.... My wife got a supposed 18 gallons of gas when her tank only holds 16 gallons .... She called the State Dept. Of weights and measures ...And after them telling her she was crazy that sometimes a gas tank holds up to 3 gallons more than that because of the line and whatnot..(BS) But yesterday they made a vist to said gas station and ... My wife who got gas on pump three ... Worked fine , but when pump 3&4 were on at the same time ... There was quote a signifigant overage of gallons displayed to actual gallons pumped ...18% over OUCH ... So the inspector claimed he made them make the pump inoperable untill it can be repaired & remeasured ....18% overcharge ...WOW how many other people got ripped off :flipoff2:

Deggy
04-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow, that's fucking shady as all hell.

lordairgtar
04-10-2009, 12:12 PM
She get her money back? I would get in touch with one of the consumer reporters on the news. Refer them to the Weights and Measures findings. Maybe they will have to shell out refunds to all who have receipts kept and can prove it.

Voodoo Chick
04-10-2009, 12:34 PM
There are only a few filling stations I take my cars to, I just don't trust the others.

Plum Crazy
04-10-2009, 12:36 PM
i try to use only BP gas because they are redesigning most of their gas stations and have new pumps and tanks in the Racine/Kenosha area.

Got Boost
04-10-2009, 12:43 PM
She get her money back? I would get in touch with one of the consumer reporters on the news. Refer them to the Weights and Measures findings. Maybe they will have to shell out refunds to all who have receipts kept and can prove it.She saved the reciept ... And she got an other Message to call the Weights and Measures guy but shes off and has his number at her Job ... We might go to the Clark station with reciept and say she was the rat and see what happens

95 TA - The Beast
04-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Honestly, that is why I have always just pumped when the other side of the pump was not in use. Far to easy to run a scam when both pumps are in use.

I was warned about this a long time ago by a guy whose family owned a number of gas stations. He told me to only use the one side when the other side is not in use.

lordairgtar
04-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Honestly, that is why I have always just pumped when the other side of the pump was not in use. Far to easy to run a scam when both pumps are in use.

I was warned about this a long time ago by a guy whose family owned a number of gas stations. He told me to only use the one side when the other side is not in use.
And how do you do that during the busy times? I think they guy behind me would be getting a little pissed if he saw me just sitting there. Come to think of it, I've been behind people just sitting there waiting. Was that you?:rolf

Russ Jerome
04-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Citgo just a block East of 92nd and Burleigh, my wifes
van as well took 3 gallons over max cap. I walked in
with a full head of steam and before I could punch the
owner he was quick to say they had an issue and the
"corrected" lower price made it even. I didnt have to
do the math because gas was at $2 a gallon and her
18gal tank costs 36$ to fill with 21 gal.

awsomeears
04-10-2009, 11:04 PM
You know whats fucked up is that Gas station is very busy because the gas is a few cents cheaper then anyone else. I have filled up there at least 10 times, fuck them !!!

pashtrd
04-11-2009, 07:37 AM
When I drove past there yesterday at 5:30 pm. pump 4 was open and there was a car siting at pump 3, Couldn't see if it operative or not since it faces the building.