PDA

View Full Version : Reporters dont know shit!

Plum Crazy
04-09-2009, 05:44 PM
In San Diego county, they are cracking down on street racing, listen to the BS this reporter says this car has! :rolf

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/pages/landing_latest_news/?Cops-Crack-Down-On-Street-Racers=1&blockID=259725&feedID=2145

Korndogg
04-09-2009, 05:49 PM
hahaha

TheRX7Project
04-09-2009, 05:50 PM
I can't even look at that.

Over on FocalJet (Focus enthusiasts site) there's a hoarde of people from Cali. Some of them are saying they're afraid to even drive near someone with another modded car, for fear they may get nailed for street racing.

As I said over there, Cali can keep their women, weather and ocean. But how free are you when you have to worry about getting hassled by to police- when you're not even doing anything wrong? I'll keep my 30-rd mags and modded cars.

GTSLOW
04-09-2009, 05:55 PM
At the push of the button the car goes into street race mode.

Goat Roper
04-09-2009, 05:55 PM
I like their weather girl though

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/common/medialib/image/180166.jpg
http://www.fox5sandiego.com/common/medialib/image/156815.jpg
http://www.fox5sandiego.com/common/medialib/image/155638.jpg

TransAm12sec
04-09-2009, 06:09 PM
"You have this aaaa intake manifold, it is bringing more air and exhaust into the car. This is making it illegal."

Makes me think of how accurate their other reports are.

Plum Crazy
04-09-2009, 06:35 PM
the guy said that acura had 15-20k worth of mods, id say 2000 if you include wheels and tires.

Unless those strut bars are running 10k and the home made CAI was 5k

Voodoo Chick
04-09-2009, 06:35 PM
The cars are crushed!? OMFG. So, basically, all you have to do is own a car that sounds/looks like it may be quick, and they are already on your ass??? I liked the "these cars can mean death on the street" comment.....because as we all know, only modded cars are dangerous, right? There's never any incidents involving nice, upstanding "normal cars." What a steaming pile of BULLSH*T. :fire :chair: :mad:

Plum Crazy
04-09-2009, 06:37 PM
The cars are crushed!? OMFG. So, basically, all you have to do is own a car that sounds/looks like it may be quick, and they are already on your ass??? I liked the "these cars can mean death on the street" comment.....because as we all know, only modded cars are dangerous, right? There's never any incidents involving nice, upstanding "normal cars." What a steaming pile of BULLSH*T. :fire :chair: :mad:

they have to catch you street racing before they will crush it, but yeah, no wonder CA is full of homos, they run the police dept. Whats the new squad car, pink Prius's?

Voodoo Chick
04-09-2009, 06:43 PM
they have to catch you street racing before they will crush it, but yeah, no wonder CA is full of homos, they run the police dept. Whats the new squad car, pink Prius's?

Oh, but normal pink might be too "modded" looking........maybe a pale, pearly pink.......but yeah.....definately a Prius!! LOL

diablizzard
04-09-2009, 06:45 PM
maybe they should take that 600,000 dollars and build a race track. then make some money off entrance fees. those idiots think way too straight forward.

lordairgtar
04-09-2009, 06:50 PM
It's the 50s and 60s all over again. We have to stop the evil car modder (back then they were called hoodlum hot rod drivers) at all costs!! Cali goes through this every other decade or so. Then, police groups and car clubs got together and opened drag strips on airport runways until purpose built tracks were built. With California emmission laws bordering on Nazi like enforcement, that intake and computer programmer may well be illegal in that state. They are even funny about simple chrome open element air cleaners like you would find on muscle car back in the day. Winter sucks but Wisconsin isn't as restrictive as far as what you can do to your car.

95mustang302
04-09-2009, 06:58 PM
maybe instead of 600k for a grant to study street racing or whatever the hell they are doing. They should maybe, JUST MAYBE use that money to help balance their damn budget instead of having the governor send letters to the president requesting money.

moels
04-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Isn't that a Honda emblem on that irrigal Acura?

Nick
04-09-2009, 07:08 PM

Thats the new thing. I see all these acura people putting honda emblems on the car. I guess it's that way in Japan.

Plum Crazy
04-09-2009, 07:08 PM

yup, honda badge on an Integra

Mustang Muscle
04-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Hahahaha!! Wow bringing more exhaust into the car, between 10 to 15 thousand dollars? lmfao!:rolf:rolf:rolf

Voodoo Chick
04-09-2009, 07:38 PM
It's the 50s and 60s all over again. We have to stop the evil car modder (back then they were called hoodlum hot rod drivers) at all costs!! Cali goes through this every other decade or so. Then, police groups and car clubs got together and opened drag strips on airport runways until purpose built tracks were built. With California emmission laws bordering on Nazi like enforcement, that intake and computer programmer may well be illegal in that state. They are even funny about simple chrome open element air cleaners like you would find on muscle car back in the day. Winter sucks but Wisconsin isn't as restrictive as far as what you can do to your car.

QFT. Winters here are no picnic, but the freedom we have outweighs the inconveniance (sp?) of winter. Other states, California in particular, are SO nazi-ish about cars/mods that I couldn't stand to live there.

VroomPshhTsi
04-09-2009, 07:53 PM
I like their weather girl though

x2. That's the only thing I liked from the link.

She's damn nice to look at :wow

00FlowCamaro
04-09-2009, 08:12 PM
I was just about to order an intake for the Z! haha :D

Car Guy
04-09-2009, 08:45 PM
"Turn it into a race-mobile".....:rolleyes: :loser :rolf

Voodoo Chick
04-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Race-mobile........:rolf :rolf :rolf

BigBadGTA
04-09-2009, 09:52 PM