PDA

View Full Version : anyone on here a surveyor?

floaters
04-09-2009, 08:56 AM
i wanna find my lot lines and was wondering if anyone on here was a surveyor :thumbsup??

GTSLOW
04-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Gonna build a skatepark in your backyard? :thumbsup

PonyKiller87
04-09-2009, 11:01 AM
you don't need to be surveyor for that. Go to city hall and ask to see the folder on your property. There should be at least one survey in there from when the house was built. Have them make you a copy of that and anything else in the folder that you want. On that survey it should tell you what the corner markers are (big rusty nail, pipe, pole,....) Once you have one of the corners usualy its not to tough to find the others.

wrath
04-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Where do you live?

floaters
04-09-2009, 01:35 PM
oak creek, i found one of the pipe markers, but i cannot find any more than that one i want to widen my garage and the city says i have to be 5 feet from the property line, well i want to make the garage 6 ft wider but according to the ariel views from the city im 10 ft from the line so i would only be able to make it 5 feet wider, well if i get it surveyed it would be a more accurate measurement.

jbiscuit
04-09-2009, 01:47 PM
you'll need a current survey of your property to do any building/pull permits

pashtrd
04-09-2009, 05:02 PM
cant you get permisson from your neighbor?
My parents lived in OC when I grew up. Our neighbor built his garage on the property line with my parents permission.
Is that even an option anymore?

floaters
04-10-2009, 09:12 AM
i dont think thats an option, they said i have to be 5 feet from the property line, im sure my neighbor wouldnt care how close i am

stenchmiester
04-10-2009, 09:31 AM
if the neighbor approves of it u can do im in oak creek and had my driveway widened right to my lot line the neighbors well all for it

deuceWI
04-10-2009, 05:49 PM
We've got surveyors at my work that may be able to help you out as a side job. If you're definitely looking for someone trained, with access to the proper tools, I can ask around.

Memphis
04-10-2009, 06:31 PM
you'll need a current survey of your property to do any building/pull permits

does not have to be current as long as its on file. I am doing my fence soon in Oak Creek and my neighborhood is so old, there is NO surveys. With a fence, I can build it ON the lot line, but not knowing exactly where this is makes it difficult. The guy at the city said measure 22 feet from the side of your house and you SHOULD be fine....My neighbors will definitely NOT be amused or understanding.

Memphis
05-16-2009, 10:28 PM
so did anyone have any luck finding someone? or someone wanting to do a side job? I think I need to take care of this before I install the fence....

Car Guy
05-16-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm also interested in finding exactly where my lot lines are.....:)