PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a carbed 3rd gen f-body?

PB86MCSS
03-12-2004, 12:19 AM
If so I am interested in some engine pics or if you know what years/models had this setup....the reason is I need an A.I.R. emmissions assembly from a carbed V-8 f-body....my Montes will not clear the f-body serpentine belt setup. Not sure what years it had but it should look like this: http://members.aol.com/tadowpaul/fbodyairsetup

That is from another Monte with the same serp setup I am using, clears the A/C delete pulley....thanks!

Knyghtmare
03-12-2004, 02:49 AM
I should have my '91 TBI V8 out of the car in May, i hope. If you still need some parts you are welcome to em. I'll have to get rid of this engine ASAP once its out.

EDIT: the engine has about 111k on it right now.

PB86MCSS
03-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the offer. From what I saw on a 90' TBI Camaro RS in the salvage yard the A.I.R. assembly was definately not what I need but a pretty close match to the TPI one, at least the section I'm looking for. I might go yarding today at Al's since I believe they have a few carbed 305 f-bodies with motors still somewhat intact to see if they have what I need....and will look at the TBI setup again...who knows, maybe it will work :o.