PDA

View Full Version : Rice Burner Documentary

Plum Crazy
04-08-2009, 10:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJSkwV0X5w8

Enjoy, sorry if its a repost.

TURTLE
04-08-2009, 10:23 PM
i didn't even watch it, and i can invision a lot of cobalts in it...

am i right? :goof

Plum Crazy
04-08-2009, 10:27 PM
not a single cobalt, sorry. I plan on making one this summer up at HWY 100, ill be sure to stick a few in there.

SSLEVO
04-08-2009, 10:32 PM
haha, that was kind of gay. Uh yea i have a gen III ls1 with a little work done to it, it runs 13.75 in the 1/4 mile, lol. How the hell do you even get a ls1 car to run that slow. And then the guy with the boxter, yeah that's a badass car alright:rolleyes: I found those anti-ricers to be more funny than the ricers, haha

nismodave
04-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Some crap in there for sure.

I noticed a blue mustang near the end trying to do a donut in a parking lot.

The ricer mentality is not limited to Japanese imports.

The problem is the younger generation is quick to follow fads, and are most "style" (if you can call it that) over substance. And ususally the first car they own is their Moms old Honda/Acura/Toyota. Cars that were ORIGINALLY bought for gas mileage and reliabillity. The big wings, neon lights, wings, and bodykits are easier/cheaper to do than a serious performance mod.

With all of the above factors, its no wonder so many Japanese import cars owned by teens and 20somethings are hideous to most car guys.

gottwins?
04-08-2009, 11:13 PM
haha, that was kind of gay. Uh yea i have a gen III ls1 with a little work done to it, it runs 13.75 in the 1/4 mile, lol. How the hell do you even get a ls1 car to run that slow. And then the guy with the boxter, yeah that's a badass car alright:rolleyes: I found those anti-ricers to be more funny than the ricers, haha

lol I know right, hes going to need that NAWS to beat this "rice burner".

"Top speed is 155" LMAO

Voodoo Chick
04-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Some crap in there for sure.

I noticed a blue mustang near the end trying to do a donut in a parking lot.

The ricer mentality is not limited to Japanese imports.

The problem is the younger generation is quick to follow fads, and are most "style" (if you can call it that) over substance. And ususally the first car they own is their Moms old Honda/Acura/Toyota. Cars that were ORIGINALLY bought for gas mileage and reliabillity. The big wings, neon lights, wings, and bodykits are easier/cheaper to do than a serious performance mod.

With all of the above factors, its no wonder so many Japanese import cars owned by teens and 20somethings are hideous to most car guys.

Well, yeah.....but I think you have to learn somewhere, and if they really enjoy "ricing out" something, no harm done, I guess.

SSLEVO
04-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Yeah, i think you will almost always start out as a ricer because that's all you can afford. Most people grow out of that, some don't, lol

Voodoo Chick
04-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Yeah, i think you will almost always start out as a ricer because that's all you can afford. Most people grow out of that, some don't, lol

Pretty much, but as long as you are enjoying yourself, it's all good. Whatever makes you happy, is what matters, and if some kid's riced-out car is his "baby," I wish him well, lol!

TheRX7Project
04-09-2009, 07:55 AM

I know I did, and I grew out of it. My first mod to my first Focus was an airdam and some "Ford Racing" decals. Then came the neon interior lights.

And then one day I woke up, gutted the interior and put on an intake and exhaust.

shoooo32
04-09-2009, 08:29 AM

I think the ultimate factor is influence. If you hang out with kids that don't know shit about cars and think riced out ecoboxes are cool then yes, you will do horrible things to your vehicle. BCM should start a teen mentoring program to help curb this issue affecting our youth...:goof

gottwins?
04-09-2009, 11:32 AM
I know I did, and I grew out of it. My first mod to my first Focus was an airdam and some "Ford Racing" decals. Then came the neon interior lights.

And then one day I woke up, gutted the interior and put on an intake and exhaust.

I had street glow in my neon, a fart can (quiet one but a fart can none the less), and was considering getting euros and an EVO bodykit for it. :alcoholic

subliminal1284
04-09-2009, 11:45 AM
I never riced out my car but I did do some things in bad taste to my first car.

Voodoo Chick
04-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Worst thing I ever did to a car was the HORRIBLE sidepipes I briefly had on my ' 79 Camaro a few years back.....They were only on her for about 2 weeks, but in that 2 weeks I had plenty of time to look at them and think "WTF was I thinking!?" Not only did they sound like sh*t, they leaked carbon monoxide into the cockpit, and didn't have ground clearance, so everytime we went over a bump, or uneven road...or anything...there was a fingernails-on-a-blackboard shriek from under the car.......good times.....

Deggy
04-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Thread made me think about this.

eltness350
04-15-2009, 12:50 AM
heres a better vid of MY RICER....

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/ruststang94/?action=view&current=dynorun.flv

Z28Envy
04-15-2009, 01:11 AM
heres a better vid of MY RICER....

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/ruststang94/?action=view&current=dynorun.flv

Nice little bug fogger you got there!:goof

Adam Brooks
04-15-2009, 07:00 AM
lol the boxster "Now thats a porsche!".... this must be small town vid but still funny

Exitspeed
04-15-2009, 07:50 AM
That sh*t is embarrassing. It's like watching a vid of Hwy 100.

Waver
04-15-2009, 09:56 AM
too funny.....WAAAAAY TOO FUNNY

oh and dave, that mustang trying to do donuts, that was brandon

mrz28M6
04-15-2009, 10:24 AM
the asian song from fast and furious is hiliarious!!

gottwins?
04-15-2009, 10:38 AM
There was a lot of potential in this video, well said and played out. Their concept or ricers and choice of people to talk to in the video was poor to say the least, they ended up making fun of themselves more than the ricers.

BTW anyone notice how much less rice there is on hwy100? There were A TON of civics as usual and expected but no actual rice. Personally I like seeing rice drive around, it gives me a good laugh.

eltness350
04-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Nice little bug fogger you got there!:goof

care to put some money where ur mouth is?? ;)

WilliamZ
04-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Micro Muscle Fury!

Z28Envy
04-15-2009, 09:56 PM
care to put some money where ur mouth is?? ;)

Isn't your car down in like GA with the engine out of it? Should be an easy win! By the way this---->:goof means it was a joke! I've seen the video of your car in it going to be very fast when you get everything worked out. Might want to work on taking a joke though!:thumbsup

eltness350
04-17-2009, 12:08 AM
y do u think i gave u the "wink"...i was kidding too homie :)