PDA

View Full Version : plates

Anakonda69
04-08-2009, 07:22 PM
well my temp plates are now expired and called the dmv today and they are a month behind so.....hopefully i don't get into any trouble. lol anyone else have any issues with them lately?

Holeshot
04-08-2009, 07:28 PM
I have had the tags for my plates in the glove box since November on my DD. Have had a few cops behind me and never stopped me.

Anakonda69
04-08-2009, 07:57 PM
well i know even if something happens with the cops it's registered and i have all the paperwork in my glovebox just a lil annoying is all.

Voodoo Chick
04-08-2009, 08:14 PM
I had an incident like that a year back......had regular plates on my car, sent fot the hobbyist plates....called DMV, who assured me all was well, and then I was driving the car late one night, cop pulls us over, and tells me, "These plates aren't for this car." I told him the situation, he looked it up, and told me there was nothing that could be done, he was real nice about it, and a few weeks later the hobbyist plates arrived. I just wish the DMV would have informed me they cancelled the other plates.....then about two weeks ago, I get a renewal notice for those same plates......retards.

Anakonda69
04-08-2009, 08:33 PM
yeah when i called they have started processing march's titles. i bought my truck on jan 1st so hopefully they should be here soon. i know i had to get 8,000lb plates but still.

PonyKiller87
04-09-2009, 08:55 AM
If you would have got the big gray plates you would have had them a month ago, lol.

Anakonda69
04-09-2009, 12:59 PM
right sure the 12k plates would have been here so much faster. tard. lol i don't overkill like some people.

SSScottSS
04-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I had an incident like that a year back......had regular plates on my car, sent fot the hobbyist plates....called DMV, who assured me all was well, and then I was driving the car late one night, cop pulls us over, and tells me, "These plates aren't for this car." I told him the situation, he looked it up, and told me there was nothing that could be done, he was real nice about it, and a few weeks later the hobbyist plates arrived. I just wish the DMV would have informed me they cancelled the other plates.....then about two weeks ago, I get a renewal notice for those same plates......retards.

I'm waiting on a set of hobbist plates and my reg plates are expired. It's so stupid that they have to be done through the mail and not the local DMV.

Al
04-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Do you think the police are aware of the delay?

Voodoo Chick
04-09-2009, 06:31 PM
The police are pretty cool if they stop you, they realize there is honestly nothing you can do, so they just leave you be.....