PDA

View Full Version : Fencing contractors?

Goat Roper
04-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Does anybody on here do fencing or can you recommend a fencing contractor?

Thanks

88Nightmare
04-08-2009, 03:20 PM
I cant recommend anyone, but I can tell you to AVOID Timberland Fences. Not sure if they are still in business or not, but do NOT give them ANY business.

animal
04-08-2009, 04:04 PM
I too, am interested in a fence. Chainlink to be exact. GROUP BUY heh.

88Nightmare
04-08-2009, 04:07 PM
My folks had Timberland install a nice wood fence. Paid decent coin for it too. When first done, it was GREAT looking. We took care of it. We waterproofed it every summer to help the wood last, but a few years after it was done, the poor quality of their work really shows. Wood splitting, wood rotting from the inside out, planks rotting and falling off, concrete footings for fence posts are cracking in the ground and shifting.... just plain crappy work.

michelle
04-08-2009, 04:12 PM
I too, am interested in a fence. Chainlink to be exact. GROUP BUY heh.

x2

MurphysLaw88GT
04-08-2009, 04:50 PM
A freind of mine works for Century Fence in Waukesha. Seems like a good place for chainlink fence. His S/N on here is CWEBB I think. What questions do you have exactly?

Seems like they fence anything big or small. From yards to alongside I-94...

stenchmiester
04-08-2009, 04:58 PM
abc fence in franklin the owners name is john very nice guy does excllent work

Goat Roper
04-08-2009, 05:08 PM
What questions do you have exactly?

Well I have a small area to be fenced off, only on one side of the house, probably no more than 24-25 feet. Issue is that on one side it inclines up quickly and I do not trust myself getting a fence in straight to begin with on a level. I am thinking something tall and wooden for privacy but must have a gate to pull a lawnmower in through.

UnderPSI
04-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I am going to need about a mile of fence also.... Let me know if you come up with any good leads.

u_say_go
04-09-2009, 08:47 AM
I've done a few chain link fences before, piece of cake. You need a 1/2" wrench, hacksaw, post hole digger and a buddy to help you. dig the holes, set terminal & line posts, and install top rails on day 1- next day throw up the chain link. PM me if ya want

Jsho13
04-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Let me know exactly what you guys need. I work for Northway Fence and am very close with the owner :goof. If it's residential, I can point you in the right direction, we have a couple very good sub-contractors. Otherwise we could probably work something else.

Jsho13
04-09-2009, 09:31 AM
I've done a few chain link fences before, piece of cake. You need a 1/2" wrench, hacksaw, post hole digger and a buddy to help you. dig the holes, set terminal & line posts, and install top rails on day 1- next day throw up the chain link. PM me if ya want

Sounds like quite the hack job to me. Never install top rail on the day you set the posts, all you are asking for is trouble. All that weight on the top of the post could push it either way or even down, then your screwed.

u_say_go
04-09-2009, 09:34 AM
feel free to stop over and inspect my "hack job"