PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Mazda RX-7 Fashion

WhatsADSM
04-08-2009, 02:39 PM
HAHAHA... Can't believe shit like this ever existed. I secretly kind of wish I would have been a little older for the 80s.

Check out page 6-7, where you can get outfitted in 1985 RX-7 Fashion.

I don't know what is worse. Having to drive an RX-7 or having to look like that douche.

http://foxed.ca/rx7manual/manuals/85_catalog.pdf

Myles
04-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Im getting that jacket so when i drive in the '79 i look supa fly

Silver86
04-08-2009, 03:08 PM
hmm... yeah... mid 80s fashion was lame...

Voodoo Chick
04-08-2009, 03:21 PM
You know......to the people that like to say "this was lame, that was lame..." I really think you ought to realize that if there was ever truly a time of "lame," THIS IS IT. The 60's, 70's, and 80's had a very eccentric look to them, but at least they HAD a look....what is there now? Wearing baggy pants so your underwear hang out? Looking blah and common, and not standing out at all? Or the ever-popular looking like a slob? I loved those weird fashions, still do......and...those were beautiful cars, and to their enthusuasts, some apparel might be nice!

Silver86
04-08-2009, 03:32 PM
You know......to the people that like to say "this was lame, that was lame..." I really think you ought to realize that if there was ever truly a time of "lame," THIS IS IT. The 60's, 70's, and 80's had a very eccentric look to them, but at least they HAD a look....what is there now? Wearing baggy pants so your underwear hang out? Looking blah and common, and not standing out at all? Or the ever-popular looking like a slob? I loved those weird fashions, still do......and...those were beautiful cars, and to their enthusuasts, some apparel might be nice!

your right... i take back what i said about 80s fashion. past generations had a sense of style... you said exactly what i wanted to say, i just didnt know how to put it (im horrible with words). infact... if i saw someone selling one of those shirts or jackets, damn right i would buy it and wear it.

Cryptic
04-08-2009, 03:39 PM
you guys and your 80's rx-7's :rolf

Silver86
04-08-2009, 03:53 PM
you guys and your 80's rx-7's :rolf

a lot better looking than that 90s rx7 of yours :rolf

turbogarrett
04-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Wish I could still buy some of that stuff:rolf

RanJer
04-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Never realized Jeff Foxworthy was in an ad for RX7 apparel... lol

Voodoo Chick
04-08-2009, 04:49 PM
your right... i take back what i said about 80s fashion. past generations had a sense of style... you said exactly what i wanted to say, i just didnt know how to put it (im horrible with words). infact... if i saw someone selling one of those shirts or jackets, damn right i would buy it and wear it.

Don't worry....as soon as I find a leisure suit, I'll send it your way.

Myles
04-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Fuck your 80s AND 90s rx-7s. 70s the fucking way to go

RanJer
04-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Don't worry....as soon as I find a leisure suit, I'll send it your way.

Here ya go: http://www.dressthatman.com/pages/DISCOsuits.htm

Voodoo Chick
04-08-2009, 06:31 PM

There we go! :thumbsup

d0nut
04-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Is that David Hobbes on pg 11?

Happily I have lived long enough to see a lot of things go from in style to lame to retro cool again. It all depends upon when you were in your teens and what was cool.

I see a lot of girls running around in 70's colors/patterns that look like couches that my parents threw out in the early 80's. The whole deal with trucker hats, big sunglasses and sideburns makes me laugh my ass off frequently also.

Fashion is pointless, wear what makes you happy.

If you want to wear a members only jacket while tooling around in an RX7 do it. At least people will know who you are.

Don't foget: You are bashing someone's grand parents in that catalog!

Voodoo Chick
04-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Happily I have lived long enough to see a lot of things go from in style to lame to retro cool again. It all depends upon when you were in your teens and what was cool.

I see a lot of girls running around in 70's colors/patterns that look like couches that my parents threw out in the early 80's. The whole deal with trucker hats, big sunglasses and sideburns makes me laugh my ass off frequently also.

Fashion is pointless, wear what makes you happy.

If you want to wear a members only jacket while tooling around in an RX7 do it. At least people will know who you are.

Don't foget: You are bashing someone's grand parents in that catalog!

Yeah.....I think you should just "do your thang," as it were, without worrying about whether or not it's cool, or lame. Just have fun.....even if people think you look tacky, oh well....I remember when I was little, (late 70's) and the fashions back then, and some of them were really beautiful, for the ladies, that is...the long hair, the long paisley dresses....I love that....and the 80's were cool, too, because they were just so outlandish, so much more fun back then.

d0nut
04-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm old enough to have been put in polyester Grranimals leisure suits by my parents. The elephant bell bottoms with embroidered dragons would have been more me! :banana1:

Yeah.....I think you should just "do your thang," as it were, without worrying about whether or not it's cool, or lame. Just have fun.....even if people think you look tacky, oh well....I remember when I was little, (late 70's) and the fashions back then, and some of them were really beautiful, for the ladies, that is...the long hair, the long paisley dresses....I love that....and the 80's were cool, too, because they were just so outlandish, so much more fun back then.

RanJer
04-08-2009, 07:20 PM
the long or short paisley dresses.....

:drool:

Sorry, still got at thing for Roller Girl.. :rolf:rolf:rolf

Silver86
04-09-2009, 05:43 AM

i would soooooo wear one of those...

roll up to a BCM meet in my rx7 wearing one of those... AWESOME!

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
04-09-2009, 06:28 AM
i would soooooo wear one of those...

roll up to a BCM meet in my rx7 wearing one of those... AWESOME!

You know how I know your gay?

Poncho
04-09-2009, 06:39 AM

for real??? You must be hanging at the wrong places on the weekends.

TheRX7Project
04-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Fuck all of you, especially you Murray :goof

EDIT: And wait, how the hell did you find this?

Voodoo Chick
04-09-2009, 12:00 PM

Hey!! I was bein' nice! :wow :(

Voodoo Chick
04-09-2009, 12:02 PM
for real??? You must be hanging at the wrong places on the weekends.

I'm honestly not sure what you're getting at.......translation, please??

Silver86
04-09-2009, 02:18 PM
You know how I know your gay?

cause youre attracted to me? :confused

WhatsADSM
04-09-2009, 02:39 PM

HAHA, I knew you would love it. I'm just waiting for you to show up to one of the meets in the executive jacket with no shirt on underneath with this 80s sort of wannabe sexy look on your face. If you show up with the girl on pg. 7 tho I'll be impressed, 80s hair or not she is a hottie.

Got it from a RX-7 buddy of mine, one with a LS1 *cough*real motor*cough* in it. I kid about the RX-7s tho, they are cool cars.

TheRX7Project
04-09-2009, 04:22 PM
I'll keep my 1146cc wonder box TYVM!

The V8 is for the next project.

I don't believe you anyway- this thread is full of lies. You don't have any friends!