PDA

View Full Version : Phuck Computers....

Scales
03-11-2004, 09:09 PM
So I finally decided to be legal and actually buy a version of Norton Anit-Virus. Just picked up 2004 today, installed it, and am having nothing but problems! It keeps finding all these "threats" to my system, but won't delete them. It wont even tell me where they are so I can delete them myself! It even found some Ad-Ware on my system that it said was a "threat".. So I ran my Spy-bot, removed all the crap, did a full system scan, only to find the same bull$hit "threats"... I've done so many restarts, and so many install/uninstalls, my brain hurts!!! This is what I get for being legit!! Last copy I had (2002) I got from a file share. Had absolutely no problems with it other then it didn't completely remove all the 2001 components. I guess that is still part of the problem I'm having now... I think it's time to toss this big ol' paper weight off my balcony, and buy a typewriter!!! Anyone know any good brands???? I'll just have to keep goin to the Time Warner Kiosk at Mayfair so I can still post here.....

:S: Ok, I think I might be done venting for now....

Neal Steffek
03-11-2004, 10:24 PM
To be honest, I have no idea why some people get anti-virus software. If you are just careful not to open stupid E mails, you should be ok.

I always say, "there is no need to get condoms if you can't get a date"

SlowStee
03-11-2004, 10:40 PM
i wonder how loud it would be when the computer hits the ground :banana ....and how many pieces it would break into:banana

Scales
03-11-2004, 10:42 PM
Guess that all depends on how high I can throw it up first!!!! :thumbsup

Off to the bar... That'll make me forget I have a computer... :haveabeer

animal
03-12-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Neal Steffek
To be honest, I have no idea why some people get anti-virus software. If you are just careful not to open stupid E mails, you should be ok.

Trust me I am virus control at work, av software IS needed because the average user is a MORON. How the hell else can an executable attachment email even be replicating.

I'm now blocking just about every attachment extension that you can think of because some bonehead will only cause me more work otherwise. I'd rather not run the crap but I really have no choice at work.

Scales
03-12-2004, 03:12 AM

Actually.. In case you missed it.. The majority of the latest viruses can be sent to you by your friends without them even knowing.. All these viruses need is a host (your friend) and it can send itself to you and everyone else in that persons address book without it ever looking suspicious (sp)... I can send you an article about it if you are still a non-believer, otherwise... I'd wrap it up!!!!

Neal Steffek
03-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Actually.. In case you missed it.. The majority of the latest viruses can be sent to you by your friends without them even knowing.. All these viruses need is a host (your friend) and it can send itself to you and everyone else in that persons address book without it ever looking suspicious (sp)... I can send you an article about it if you are still a non-believer, otherwise... I'd wrap it up!!!!

But I also know what my friends are going to send me. I never recieved a e amil form a friend that wsa about lowering my morgage, co-ed collage sluts, or making my wang 4 inches longer.

(well, I have recieved them about sluts, those I like:D )

animal
03-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Scales
without it ever looking suspicious (sp)

But it DOES look suspicious. Normal people don't send attachments named

"document.txt.pif" or "yourorder.doc.scr" It's bonehead users who don't know what the hell a file extension is that make these things replicate, and hence why most companies HAVE to run av software.

The emails that these come in are easy to see anyways when you read the text.

Scales
03-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Very true, but I'm sure not everybody can see what the attachments are without actualy looking at them.. I don't know if Yahoo or MSN mail lets you look at the attachment names they way outlook does...

Scales
03-12-2004, 09:55 PM
(well, I have recieved them about sluts, those I like:D )

:rolf

SMS 1
03-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Maybe this will ease some of your aggressions!

http://nvstudios.homestead.com/files/winbooksm.wmv :nutkick

Cryptic
03-13-2004, 10:09 AM

If your not behind a firewall you'll get infected with plenty. Windows is a piece of shiet

Scales
03-20-2004, 10:50 PM
This is what I should've done....

Getting even (http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/~scales/Computers%20suck.mpeg)

SMS 1
03-21-2004, 02:02 AM
:wstupid Old vid but completely pricless:thumbsup