PDA

View Full Version : So...what about the ION redline?

Prince Valiant
03-11-2004, 11:57 AM
SCC appearently did a brief shakedown of one...these numbers are from another message board on the internet where they must think that Dyno numbers are more important than 1/4 numbers as no 1/4 mile info was given...but (drumroll please)

Our dynojet revealed the truth, which is an impressive 197hp at the wheels @ 6450rpm and 169lb-ft @ 5250rpm Alas, I haven't looked through the article myself and can't attest if they even DID acceleration test...

But not too shabby for something rated at what 200-205hp?

Only two criticisms. One, I don't like the euro center pod gauge cluster...that is something that you find on toyota echo's/prius's...bleh. Understand that to me, that criticism ranks right up there with the SRT-4 not having electric windows for the rear seat, IE, it wouldn't at all affect a decision to purchase the car in the least...and I wouldn't think much of an individual's performance car credentials who DID cite that as a reason not to purchase one.

Two, the torque numbers and the rpm ranges at which they achieve peak HP seems to suggest a moderate reving NA powerplant. Certianly not one with a roots style blower on it...

Otherwise...I like the car. I think I would prefer a cobalt SS to the redline though. Much better looking and very understated

BadAzzGTA89
03-11-2004, 07:00 PM
:thumbsup I agree!!! That was a no brainer!!!!!!!!

Syclone0044
03-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Prince Valiant
Two, the torque numbers and the rpm ranges at which they achieve peak HP seems to suggest a moderate reving NA powerplant. Certianly not one with a roots style blower on it... I definitely agree with that conclusion! No forced induction here!!

Al
03-12-2004, 08:42 AM
Just a few more ponies and a little more torque than my old prelude.

animal
03-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Who the heck wants a saturn that is only kinda-sorta fast... READ:just not as slow as a normal one.

Hell, who the heck wants a saturn? Bah, a half polished turd in my book. That's not to say other companies are without their polished turds, i'm just picking on saturn because i hate them :)