PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth my time going after??

Smokey1226
04-04-2009, 10:53 PM
I bought a carb from a company in Minn. changed my setup, wanted to switch carbs so i called the guy and asked about sending it back and being repayed. He first argued he doesnt want to take it back because it's the slow season. I told him too bad, thats how business works....i paid full price, im willing to send it back at my expense as i changed my setup.

He argued that he wanted me to pay him an extra $20 for the hassle. I laughed, told him that was a BS move but ok, just get me my money back. Bought it mid December, called first week of Jan to send back.

I sent the Carb out, got confirmed that the carb was delivered, figured i would wait till the end of the month to see if i was credited. Nothing.....

Wait another 2 weeks, call the CC company ask them if anything has been credited. NOTHING!

Called him, he says OH yes, i remember you. I did get the carb and i will look up your paper work and take care of it. He said im still taking the $20 for sending it back.

Now its been another month...NOTHING.

Im going to call him tomorrow and monday, to tell him i want my FULL returned money, either Paypaled or Re credited that same day and i will check on it. IM NOTTT paying no $20, if anything he should owe me money, for almost 5 months of BS.

If not....im calling the Police Dpt in his area, and taking a ride. I have the UPS deliver tracking # recipt in my posession, as well as the statement i bought it.

opinions?

Voodoo Chick
04-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Oh, I definately think you should pursue this......he's basically trying to rip you off. He has the carb back, plus he's keeping your money!? That's pure BS. Go after his ass. Good luck.

Car Guy
04-04-2009, 11:00 PM
It all comes down to the company's return policy, which is...???

Smokey1226
04-04-2009, 11:03 PM
It all comes down to the company's return policy, which is...???
It's basically a mail order company, however he directly told me he had 4 carbs sent back last month and refunded those guys. So wtf makes me different.

He has NO WHERE on his page....NO returns.

Car Guy
04-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Well then you have a leg to stand on, might be putting you off because he didn't like you personaly when you called......:goof

pOrk
04-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Just call the CC company and have them do a charge back.

Smokey1226
04-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Well then you have a leg to stand on, might be putting you off because he didn't like you personaly when you called......:goof
lol, we'll if thats the case he will not like me when i call again...PLus i have some motivation to head up that way. I a guy about 20 miles from his shop wants a couple drums of race gas from me. So i could deliver the gas, whoop some ass, get my money back and have road trip stories to tell for years to come :rolf

Voodoo Chick
04-04-2009, 11:18 PM
lol, we'll if thats the case he will not like me when i call again...PLus i have some motivation to head up that way. I a guy about 20 miles from his shop wants a couple drums of race gas from me. So i could deliver the gas, whoop some ass, get my money back and have road trip stories to tell for years to come :rolf

If you do this....please post the ass-whoopin' stories here for the rest of us, LOL! :rolf

Smokey1226
04-04-2009, 11:21 PM
If you do this....please post the ass-whoopin' stories here for the rest of us, LOL! :rolf
Ill take my bro, together we've done some damage :thumbsup

GRAMPS SS
04-04-2009, 11:44 PM
just call the cc company and have them do a charge back.

x2 chad....

Car Guy
04-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Just call the CC company and they will work with you 100% guaranteed.....:thumbsup

Sprayaway Fox
04-05-2009, 02:03 AM
If this is a custom carb built for your application I would be nice to him. Its not your everyday 750 DP hes taking back. Plus now hes gotta keep it on a shelf till someone has a combo like yours. Hes not going to tear it all apart with all the new stuff in it. Hes basically taking a hit on it till he can sell it.
Remember you GOT the rite carb...For your origional setup. YOU changed it and now want a refund on the whole thing? Sounds like you found another carb with around the same setup for cheaper to me.:shadesYour dealing witha a guy that sits down and builds a car for you, not a holley tech line person.
Try getting a custom 2 brl. from a dirtrack company returned and they will say FU unless its a bigger company. Its a black art, maybe hes just covering his azz a lil that you didnt take it apart and build one just like it.

Be nice/curtious on the phone and I bet you it will get worked out.

Smokey1226
04-05-2009, 07:53 AM
^^^ You're 100% wrong. It was an off the shelf Mighty Demon 750dp. No custom anything. They sell thousands of them a year. And it wasn't a price thing, as i went with a 850 instead.

SSDude
04-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Work with the CC company

modmachz
04-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Credit card company probably will help you out as long as there is nothing in writing on a return policy!!

Now If you bought that from me, You would have zero problems!!!! Just curious what warehouse are you talking about????

Also This ford 347 your building, what makes you think you will need a 750 Dbl Pump???
What H.p Is This Going To Have Maybe 400??? Carb OverKill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Smokey1226
04-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Credit card company probably will help you out as long as there is nothing in writing on a return policy!!

Now If you bought that from me, You would have zero problems!!!! Just curious what warehouse are you talking about????

Also This ford 347 your building, what makes you think you will need a 750 Dbl Pump???
What H.p Is This Going To Have Maybe 400??? Carb OverKill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
1) I checked their ebay store as well as their other sites, all of them have nothing on there in writeing about no return.

2) R&D racing MN

3) Who says were building a 347? Were over 400 Cubes now with a lot of very nice parts :banana 400.....pshhhhh

Sprayaway Fox
04-05-2009, 03:04 PM
I wouldnt see why hes being a deek then. If it was a GERTE or something I could see it from his side a lil more then.
For a 347 heavy cammed street /strip a 750 will be good. Think last time you got better heads then what you were looking at before, plus its a roller cam so its gotta be something out around 7000 I wouldnt dought you need a lil more with problably a 408 or something. Plus the 750 is prolly around the same price as the 850 so go with it.

Smokey1226
04-05-2009, 03:11 PM
I wouldnt see why hes being a deek then. If it was a GERTE or something I could see it from his side a lil more then.
He really wasn't a dick about it when we talked on the phone. Both times he said he knew exactly who i was, and knew exactly the carb setup i bought and where i was from. Only thing that really bothers me, is i was told TWICE it was going to be recredited and got nothing.

SO i shouldn't say he was being a dick, just not coming through on his word. Im going to call tomorrow and to see what he has to say. Ill be nice though, as i don't want to have to take things to the CC card if i dont have too.

SSDude
04-05-2009, 03:22 PM
I'd bet with one call from the CC company he will cough it up. With internet sales he depends on CC's so he won't want to Eff that up.
A little bit of the right pressure goes a long way.

Smokey1226
04-05-2009, 03:39 PM
I'd bet with one call from the CC company he will cough it up. With internet sales he depends on CC's so he won't want to Eff that up.
A little bit of the right pressure goes a long way.
but do you agree, i should try calling one more time before i take it to the CC company?

tommyt5078
04-05-2009, 05:36 PM
If you get all your cash (credit) back I would be shocked, if you do get it all back your lucky!!!!!

Going forward this guy should changed a 20% re-stocking fee, if he already doesn't he will.

I would work with him to get as much back as you can, but if all on the CC you should fine, call them also and starting work with them..........

Car Guy
04-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Just call the CC company to take care of it, you'll have no problem and it will save the person you're dealing with time......:)

-stew-
04-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Can I bring gas back to your station after purchasing it and get a full refund for the purchase price?

Smokey1226
04-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Can I bring gas back to your station after purchasing it and get a full refund for the purchase price?
If you bought a pail of 110, never opened it... brought it back and wanted to go with the 112, sure thing!

or to make it even better for you...if you bought a 110, changed your setup and now was a pump gas motor and didnt need race gas. As long as it wasnt opened and the seals were in tact sure.

Yooformula
04-05-2009, 08:28 PM
its been months, you called already, I would hit up the CC company no question! I would expect to lose the $20 as a restocking fee though as most places would charge a fee. Why did you wait so long though for the credit if you sent it back in Jan?

-stew-
04-05-2009, 08:54 PM
If you bought a pail of 110, never opened it... brought it back and wanted to go with the 112, sure thing!

or to make it even better for you...if you bought a 110, changed your setup and now was a pump gas motor and didnt need race gas. As long as it wasnt opened and the seals were in tact sure.

I'm talking pump gas. Is is posted on your pumps that all sales are final?

Yooformula
04-05-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm talking pump gas. Is is posted on your pumps that all sales are final?

come on! thats not even the same thing. the gas is pumped and once leaving the tanks, its no longer able to be put back into the tanks. You are trying to compare a store bought PACKAGED product to a dispensed item like GAS..:rolf

juicedimpss
04-05-2009, 09:13 PM
what company was it that wont send your money back?

-stew-
04-05-2009, 09:33 PM
come on! thats not even the same thing. the gas is pumped and once leaving the tanks, its no longer able to be put back into the tanks. You are trying to compare a store bought PACKAGED product to a dispensed item like GAS..:rolf

It's not quite a apples to apples comparison. I think some thing should be paid to the seller. You are not only paying for a product, but you are paying for the sellers time. Ordering, stocking, customer calls, shipping; all things the seller took time doing in order to serve the customer. For the buyer to return it for full purchase price is, to an extent, like stealing the sellers time. I vote for paying the $20 fee and being done with it.

Smokey1226
04-05-2009, 09:39 PM
its been months, you called already, I would hit up the CC company no question! I would expect to lose the $20 as a restocking fee though as most places would charge a fee. Why did you wait so long though for the credit if you sent it back in Jan?
I called twice now, each time i was told that i would be refunded and to give it a week. This will be the third time.

The company is R & D Racing INC from Lakeville MN

I have no problem paying the $20 but after being told for 3 months i would be refunded i really think its bs.

GRAMPS SS
04-05-2009, 09:41 PM

or to make it even better for you...if you bought a 110, changed your setup and now was a pump gas motor and didnt need race gas. As long as it wasnt opened and the seals were in tact sure. and i'll throw in someFREE shirts for you as well...

Smokey1226
04-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Update: I Called and as soon as i said my name he knew, and said i have your paperwork on my desk and the accountant will be taking care of that wed. And that i should see it (he read my back my CC #, so i know he's telling the truth) by the end of this week!

*crosses fingers*

Yooformula
04-06-2009, 12:38 PM
good! hope it all works out for ya!

Voodoo Chick
04-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Best luck.....really hope it all works out well....

Smokey1226
04-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate the help...i really do!

94greenbandit
04-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Hope he isn't stringing you along any further. Keep us informed as I am sure you will