PDA

View Full Version : Laptop questions G4 mac

awsomeears
04-04-2009, 02:31 PM
So my desktop computer took a shit and was thinking about getting a new or used one, in the mean time I'm typing on my G4 PowerBook. I think its 4 years old and well I like it.

I now like it even more because I picked up a wireless mouse that plugs into the USB :)

So I'm keeping the fucker !!!!!!!!!!

My question is there anything wrong with using this Laptop as my only computer, I know its a stupid question but I have never used one 24/7

While getting my mouse at kick ass Target they had this little stands that are about 2" thick and have two fans on them for extra cooling. Would this be wise to get ?

There is a setting on the power symbol about switching it to Battery or Power Adapter, I'm guessing that the Power Adapter is the power cord ?

Anyone familiar with the G4 PowerBooks ?

- Brad -

jbiscuit
04-04-2009, 02:35 PM
g4 powerbooks are great computers. The biggest question is what do you use it for? Just surfing the web/email?

awsomeears
04-04-2009, 03:03 PM
g4 powerbooks are great computers. The biggest question is what do you use it for? Just surfing the web/email?

That and itunes live radio is crystal clear unlike winamp, since I'm a newb with this I'm sure there are other things on the laptop that I'm unaware of.

I really never download music anymore so yea.........

Only thing that is sort of glitchy is Youtube videos, I have Road Runner so it may be my laptop. Buddy of mine is a Mac tech so I'll have to pick his brain.

BoosTT
04-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Those are nice computers. Watch out for large tempature changes (ie: keeping the notebook in the car in winter then turning it on). You can install windows and decide what OS you want to use when it boots. Best of both.

Cryptic
04-04-2009, 06:30 PM
You like a Mac??? I knew you where ghey :goof