PDA

View Full Version : Machine Work Question....

srt4eh
04-03-2009, 12:56 AM
I'm in the process of getting a 2.4L 4-cyl engine from a Stratus for a build. I plan on using the block and crank (as long as its still good) but then using srt rods and pistons. The engine is in KY so I'll be tearing it down there...my question is where is the best place to take this bottom to have it checked out? I just want to make sure its good to go...I'd also like to get a fast turnaround...mainly because I won't be in WI for very long. Any ideas? Thanks

I had my intake manifold ported by Extreme Speed in Cudahy a while back...not sure if he's still around...or how busy he is.

juicedimpss
04-03-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm in the process of getting a 2.4L 4-cyl engine from a Stratus for a build. I plan on using the block and crank (as long as its still good) but then using srt rods and pistons. The engine is in KY so I'll be tearing it down there...my question is where is the best place to take this bottom to have it checked out? I just want to make sure its good to go...I'd also like to get a fast turnaround...mainly because I won't be in WI for very long. Any ideas? Thanks

I had my intake manifold ported by Extreme Speed in Cudahy a while back...not sure if he's still around...or how busy he is.

brian(extreme)is in oak creek,and hes still around.

srt4eh
04-03-2009, 04:27 AM
oak creek....thats what i meant....friggin afghani air is destroying my brain. thanks

badass88gt
04-03-2009, 07:21 AM
Sorry, I dont have anything of value to add here, I just got a laugh out of "the engine is in KY", I immediately pictured in my head the engine sitting in a little kid's plastic swimming pool filled with KY......lol. Sorry.

juicedimpss
04-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Sorry, I dont have anything of value to add here, I just got a laugh out of "the engine is in KY", I immediately pictured in my head the engine sitting in a little kid's plastic swimming pool filled with KY......lol. Sorry.

so what were you doing with said engine dipped in KY?
:rolf

srt4eh
04-03-2009, 08:31 AM
I thought that KY was a better lubricant than oil?

BeesTwinEG
04-03-2009, 10:01 AM
C&S performance