PDA

View Full Version : Delete works again . . .

SMS 1
03-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Andy, just wanted to let you know that the delete post option works good for me again:headbang So good in fact that since I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing I accidentally deleted the entire thread! :chair: :rolf Oh well, guess I wont do that again!

Scales
03-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Yeah, quit deletin my posts... :nutkick :rolf

Cryptic
03-09-2004, 05:41 PM
that's why it was disabled... people bitched about censoring, when in fact the person who starts a thread can delete it.

SMS 1
03-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Sorry Andy, if you need to, change it back. I understand how that could cause probs. This one was a mistake though, oops.

Cryptic
03-09-2004, 08:00 PM
I think there has been a little confusion. In VBB if you delete your post and you happen to be the one who started the thread the thread will be deleted.

Contrary to if you delete a post within a thread (not being the first post)

These are the Options in VBB
------------------------------------

Can edit own posts

Can delete own posts

Can move own threads to other forums

Can open / close own threads

Can delete own threads by deleting the first post

Syclone0044
03-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by CrypticGTX
that's why it was disabled... people bitched about censoring, when in fact the person who starts a thread can delete it. Nonetheless, your efforts to reduce the censorship have not gone unnoticed. :thumbsup

SMS 1
03-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Ya, it's all good I just messed up, thats all. Rock on dude:rockwoot:

Scales
03-10-2004, 03:00 AM
I was actually just givin SMS a hard time. I don't plan on deleteing anyones post, but it's nice to be able to delete my own when I screw something up...