PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Results are in for mild Budget 383

MyWhiteZ
03-08-2004, 12:54 PM
as some of you know i installed a budget 383 stroker in my car in september. Basic specs are
-Scat 900 crank, eagle rods, srp forged pistons
-Full Hotcam Kit
-Heads were hottanked, Given 2.0/1.6 valves and a very minor port matching to the intake. These are not ported heads by any means
-Accel 30 lb injectors

Over winter my emmissions notice cam so i had to setup my schedule of having the car dyno tuned at speed inc. So i set up an appointment with then and took it over there last wednesday while i was home for spring break.
I told Bos on the way over that i would be happy with anything over 350 rw and he said it would do closer to 370. Well to my delight bos was right and i was wrong. Final results were 369.1 rwhp and 433 rwtq . I was exstatic. For how mild of a setup this is i wasnt expecting much but that was more than i expected. A problem did creap up with the opti and it misses over 6,000 rpm on the street now, which we never saw before because the stock tune was still in and the rev limit was at 6000. O well a new opti is on the way

Then after the tune it took it to my dads shop, threw it on the lift and installed the cats and ran it over to the emmissions lane where it passed with flying colors.

So all in all i am very happy with the results considering how small a hotcam is expecially with a stroker and how unported the heads are.

Thanks to Mitch at Flp for the headers, and Larry, Jim and Mike at speed inc for the awesome tune.

Prince Valiant
03-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Very nice numbers :thumbsup

Did you get your heads flow tested at any point? Did they give you any estimate flow numbers based on similar set-up heads? What are the hot cam specs? Did you use 5.7 inch or 6.0 inch rods?

Very nice power NA though... :thumbsup

MyWhiteZ
03-08-2004, 02:42 PM
heads were never flow tested but to give you an idea of how mild they are look at this pic
http://www.chitownsyty.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=albup74&id=aad

that is all the porting they have except for a tad around the valves and the larger valves them selves

used a 5.7 rod and the hotcam specs are 218/228 .525/.525 112

hopefully itll run the number (11.99999999)

thanks for the complements

Prince Valiant
03-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Whether it does or doesn't, I'm sure it'll be a nice riding and pathetically strong car that will kill 99% of cars you encounter on the street.

BAD LS1
03-08-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Prince Valiant

Very nice power NA though... :thumbsup

What the hell is that supposed to mean?? Are you saying NA engines cant make decent HP???

:confused

Prince Valiant
03-08-2004, 04:25 PM
heh...no, you've infered way too much.

I mean what I stated, very nice NA power....not "wow, I'm surprised it made that kind of power NA". I, like bill, am impressed with the numbers despite a very mild spec'd cam with very mild heads...and again as he stated, with a stroker crank...thinking that the torque numbers would certianly be impressive but the higher rpm power numbers might not be the greatest. Especially considering that it probably within 10rwhp of cars like an s/c'd cobra that woefully underated at 390 hp at the flywheel.

Believe me, i know what one can do au natural ;)

BAD LS1
03-08-2004, 04:36 PM
Yes!! Not all NA engines are wasteful pigs... Under Flacid NA out put in the dictionary it says see 454SS.

Syclone0044
03-09-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS
Yes!! Not all NA engines are wasteful pigs... Under Flacid NA out put in the dictionary it says see 454SS. LOL Tom I know that is a reference to our conversation last night ;)

number1
03-09-2004, 10:21 AM
How much are just dyno runs at Speed inc? I will need to do some dyno pulls in the summer?

animal
03-09-2004, 12:01 PM
With no tune? Why not do local dyno runs if you're only looking for numbers.