PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

Screamin281
03-31-2009, 11:14 PM
So i brought my car out of storage last week and really strange things have been happening. 1st when i bring the car to a stop the rpms bounce around and sometimes they get so low the car dies. 2nd when getting on it trying to catch an Evo the hose that conects from the intake to the heater core ripped, so i replaced it and then today i brought the car in to boost and the fitting that the hose is on blew completely off the intake. Any ideas on whats causing these problems?

srt4eh
04-01-2009, 12:46 AM
what kind of car?

Reverend Cooper
04-01-2009, 06:09 AM
aren't you the one that has the buddy that does all the side jobs. cutlass 442 or whatever?

Windsors 03 Cobra
04-01-2009, 10:13 AM
I thought a BCM'er said "screamin 281 has a forrest tuned Terminator". :rolf

Screamin the heater hose is blowing off ? Hope the engine is not boosting/compressing into the water jacket. :(

Screamin281
04-01-2009, 01:33 PM
1998 Mustang GT. Yes Cutlass 442 helps me out alot, and yea forest tuned my car. Some people have told me that my heater core is plugged, but the heat works so i figured that wasnt the problem.

70 cutlass 442
04-01-2009, 05:34 PM

Screamin the heater hose is blowing off ? Hope the engine is not boosting/compressing into the water jacket. :(

haha, he wishes he had a terminator!

aren't you the one that has the buddy that does all the side jobs. cutlass 442 or whatever?

Im already on it, will be doing a leak down this evening, chances are the HG is ok, but since the non PI intakes have a tendency of cracking, he may be pressureizing the cooling system that way, if so then that is a good excuse to upgrade to the new intake :thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
04-01-2009, 09:45 PM
hope your lucky,cuz more than likely its a tuning issue and a headgasket failure knowing Forrest

Screamin281
04-01-2009, 10:42 PM
dont be a dick! forest is a good guy and has never let me down

70 cutlass 442
04-01-2009, 10:43 PM
hope your lucky,cuz more than likely its a tuning issue and a headgasket failure knowing Forrest

knowing modular motors its more then likely the intake, but if it is the HG and needs a new tune, it will be going to marve most likely seeing as he has a dyno...... But we have already agreed on the marve being a good tuner so there is no arguement there. But i can see coolant leaking around the front cross over tube so we just ordered the PI style intake

Reverend Cooper
04-02-2009, 09:30 PM

youll update us then if you find it to be a tuning issue causing failure right? and yeah I will be a dick if I want too.

70 cutlass 442
04-02-2009, 10:46 PM
youll update us then if you find it to be a tuning issue causing failure right? and yeah I will be a dick if I want too.

if its a tuning issue i will let you guys know :thumbsup and coop, I like your car,you can be ok at times, but if this was marve on trial you wouldnt dare hit the reply botton, in the mean time i will look into this and change out intakes tommrow.... if anything else comes up i will keep you all posted.

70 cutlass 442
04-05-2009, 03:31 AM
UPDATE:

New PI intake installed, New plugs installed. Runs good now and not having issue wtih blowing hose off. Compression check out at 150psi per cyl..... with the new intake would like to see a new tune on it, plugs look slightly whiter then with old tune, probably woundlt hurt to have the fuel tables played with. throttle response is much better as well. thanks for all the input, we will see what this does at the track now with the new engine mods and bullet proof rear end.

Reverend Cooper
04-05-2009, 09:26 AM
if its a tuning issue i will let you guys know :thumbsup and coop, I like your car,you can be ok at times, but if this was marve on trial you wouldnt dare hit the reply botton, in the mean time i will look into this and change out intakes tommrow.... if anything else comes up i will keep you all posted.

I guess I don't understand,who is on trial? Forrest was already convicted I was just trying to see if there was another count to add to the charge list. And yeah I would reply if it was a issue with Marv,I have before.

1320PNY
04-05-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm keeping score as well. I won't necessarily "be a dick" and jump to conclusions based on the person, but ultimately if it was C&M doing something I would immediately wonder what the customer did to the car.

I know when my car left C&M it was better than I brought it there, which was stock. If a guy can take a stock car and tighten up the tolerances and make it run smoother, then I assume he can fix a broken part as well.

My Stang runs Marvelous.

Main Entry:
mar·vel·ousVariant(s): or mar·vel·lous \ˈmärv-(ə-)ləs\ Function: adjective Date: 21st century 1 : causing wonder : astonishing (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/astonishing) 2 : miraculous (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/miraculous) , supernatural (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/supernatural) <Joyous tales of marvelous and bizarre road happenings> 3 : of the highest kind or quality : notably superior <has a marvelous way with performance>
— mar·vel·ous·ly adverb
— mar·vel·ous·ness noun

70 cutlass 442
04-06-2009, 01:05 AM
I guess I don't understand,who is on trial? Forrest was already convicted I was just trying to see if there was another count to add to the charge list. And yeah I would reply if it was a issue with Marv,I have before.

So if there was a customer on here that had marve do a tune for and the car had issues, would you immidatly hop on here and say "must have been marve" i think not. regardless, it is fixed and SCT will be ordered shortly, remember, i have nothing against marve and the car almost had a marve tune in it origionaly....

I'm keeping score as well. I won't necessarily "be a dick" and jump to conclusions based on the person, but ultimately if it was C&M doing something I would immediately wonder what the customer did to the car.

I know when my car left C&M it was better than I brought it there, which was stock. If a guy can take a stock car and tighten up the tolerances and make it run smoother, then I assume he can fix a broken part as well.

My Stang runs Marvelous.

Thats my point, Obviously the title is "need some help" And of course, after offering little to no help, he still proceded to bash forrest. Now I dont woreshop the ground forest walks on but i will tell you that before the new updates were just done, the car ran pretty much flawless, was MPH in the high 104s on 5PSI. the car stalling at idle appears to be a slight kink in the IAC to Charge pipe hose. straighnted that and seems to work well.

BlackLightning
04-06-2009, 06:01 PM
So if there was a customer on here that had marve do a tune for and the car had issues, would you immidatly hop on here and say "must have been marve" i think not..

I could start one of those threads to test your theory.

70 cutlass 442
04-07-2009, 02:26 AM
I could start one of those threads to test your theory.

I will keep my mouth shut on that thread as i do not represent ANY of the people that were directly involved with marves tuning (yet) But i will say that you are not the only one that is keeping quiet at this point.

Reverend Cooper
04-07-2009, 10:40 PM
take the car back to him and make him fix it,if its problem he stands behind his work,always has. unlike you beloved forrest. instead of talking shit here why not bring it up with him. we all know the F-mans track record. no ones perfect I will be the first to admit it, but its what follows the problem that makes the man. I recall a certain car someone got charged 3 times to look at just to find out it was a improper throttle body install that he did causing all the issues. key there he did it wrong than charged the cust 2-3 times after that not to mention had another person come in to diagnose his fuck up.
As previously stated no one is perfect you work on enough cars something is bound to happen,but every other one shouldnt get screwed up.

PureSound15
04-08-2009, 07:10 AM

Rofl.

And yes. I can laugh. I worked with Forest.

70 cutlass 442
04-08-2009, 04:29 PM
take the car back to him and make him fix it,if its problem he stands behind his work,always has. unlike you beloved forrest. instead of talking shit here why not bring it up with him. we all know the F-mans track record. no ones perfect I will be the first to admit it, but its what follows the problem that makes the man. I recall a certain car someone got charged 3 times to look at just to find out it was a improper throttle body install that he did causing all the issues. key there he did it wrong than charged the cust 2-3 times after that not to mention had another person come in to diagnose his fuck up.
As previously stated no one is perfect you work on enough cars something is bound to happen,but every other one shouldnt get screwed up.

Why would forrest be liable for a cracked intake that has been recalled by ford? But I do see where you are comming from on the charging the customer several times for shotty work... i obviously dont know the story on that... But I also recall a certiain 04' GT that was stock with marves tune, and marve installed componets, and when the guy was sitting stranded on the freeway the most marve could say was "tiem to spend some real money and get a real motor" Sorry, but a 7 psi vortech on a stock GT should have better reliability.

Reverend Cooper
04-08-2009, 08:36 PM
^ sure,to many variables on why it failed,you took it to another shop and they looked at the tune and said thats why it failed,not because the car has been beat on or has miles on it or something else failed right. the cars i speak of have all been tuned by Forrest,then fixed by other places not just at Marv's for tune related issues. There is a certain big3 car Forrest built ground up thats now in a junkyard due him.
again if you have proof Marv's tune caused this guys motor to fail you should take it back and make him fix it, I assume you have none other than a hunch. I didn't know vortech made a 7psi kit all I have seen are 8 and up,but hey I could be wrong and 8psi is more than enough to strech a rod or break a ringland on a stock motor I have seen it many times. my 8psi set up on a stock blocked 05 was on borrowed time,Marv even warned me of that. I was smart enough to replace the lower unit before it blew. Maybe there is some truth to "its time to spend some real money and get a real motor". I have watched several cars at the grove with dohc mod motors and sohc mod motors blow sky high all tuned at different shops from indiana,wisconsin and IL. and it was either driver error,missing a gear,or component failure right from the drivers mouth.
So point being is prove its the tune and take it back. simple enough he does stand behind his work.

70 cutlass 442
04-09-2009, 08:54 PM
/\/\ thats funny because you can order pulleys in any size for an S trim, screamin 281s car maxes at 5 psi, but that is besides the point......

Now the point is Paul came on here with a legitimate question seeking legitimate advice and the first card you pull is the tune. Not offering advice, but simpally replying just to bash someone elses car and procede to swing from marves nuts. Soo in the mean time why dont you stick to waxing your car unless you have some real advice to share..... That would help to prevent 21 posts of mostly bullshit and maybe allow someone who really wants to be beneficial to the subject to post their thoughts without having to worry about stepping into a complete shit storm.

Reverend Cooper
04-09-2009, 09:33 PM
why would he even bother posting for help when he has you? you just said in your previous post it looks like it needs a new tune,I guess I helped.I didn't think it was a shit storm until you talked about a buddies car of yours that Marv blew up with a tune. I tried to help solve that issue to. I would wax my car if it needed it,right now I'm changing plugs and serviceing the brakes tho.

70 cutlass 442
04-09-2009, 10:11 PM
The issue was he got worred as his car wasnt running right, it would be mid week before i checked it out and he was looking for any advise as he himself admits he doesnt know cars much and is trying to learn as much as he can.... I stated the car now needs a tune, the intake flows considerably more then before the the plug color shows that. the old plugs were dead on as far as color goes. the new ones deffintly indicate more air is making its way into the cyls..... As for your initial responses, If your true intentions were to help paul out then i appricaite it, that is what public forums are for. However, with the way you worded your sentance, one could argue that you were simpally trying to bash the tune on the car.

Reverend Cooper
04-10-2009, 06:18 AM

cutlass doesnt this guy say the same? yet you don't say a word too him. Hmmm I wonder is it because I promote Marv,that you insist you would use for tuning,yet say he blew up your friends 04. Plain and simple I guess your the one with a chip on you shoulder who can't make up their mind on who to bash.

Reverend Cooper
04-10-2009, 06:19 AM
Rofl.

And yes. I can laugh. I worked with Forest.

Same with this guy too cutlass. no response from you too him. Its quite laughable

07ROUSHSTG3
04-10-2009, 07:38 AM
if GOD would own a mustang instead of an LS1 camaro, he would call Marv at C&M to tune it.

says so in the bible.

70 cutlass 442
04-10-2009, 07:48 AM
cutlass doesnt this guy say the same? yet you don't say a word too him. Hmmm I wonder is it because I promote Marv,that you insist you would use for tuning,yet say he blew up your friends 04. Plain and simple I guess your the one with a chip on you shoulder who can't make up their mind on who to bash.

Same with this guy too cutlass. no response from you too him. Its quite laughable

Im not bashing marve, I have stated in this thread and in others that he does good tuning and we have several cars that will be going to him in the very near future. there is no arguement there. And the only reason i went after you is because in the past 2 or 3 threads regarding mustangs, you immidately had to bash us for having a tune from forrest. I guess lets put it this way, Have you ever had Forrest tune your car..... NO. However paul has, and he was very happy with the tune and had over 6K miles put on last season with no issues.

1320PNY
04-10-2009, 11:40 AM
...says so in the bible.

Revelations 22:7

7 And behold, I come quickly...

BlackLightning
04-10-2009, 05:47 PM
if GOD would own a mustang instead of an LS1 camaro, he would call Marv at C&M to tune it.

says so in the bible.

If God did indeed own a mustang and took it to marv he would have gotten it back with problems then realized he should have taken it to a real tuner.

70 cutlass 442
04-10-2009, 06:03 PM
/\/\ Your brave saying that in here, the awe-mighty service writer coop will be upset with you.

Reverend Cooper
04-10-2009, 06:58 PM
/\/\ Your brave saying that in here, the awe-mighty service writer coop will be upset with you.

He can have his opinion,unlike you I won't complain about it. Not sure what my Job has to do with this? But I'm the Asst. Service Manager.
Care to enlighten us on what you do for a living I'd be interested.

Reverend Cooper
04-10-2009, 07:00 PM
If God did indeed own a mustang and took it to marv he would have gotten it back with problems then realized he should have taken it to a real tuner.

Really? wasn't you truck done there? If not Its ok you have your opinion,unlike cutlass I won't cry about it,It doesn't really matter when he has hundreds of happy customers. Can the awesome Forrest say the same?
right now sounds like he has one so far,its a start i guess.

Reverend Cooper
04-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Im not bashing marve, I have stated in this thread and in others that he does good tuning and we have several cars that will be going to him in the very near future. there is no arguement there. And the only reason i went after you is because in the past 2 or 3 threads regarding mustangs, you immidately had to bash us for having a tune from forrest. I guess lets put it this way, Have you ever had Forrest tune your car..... NO. However paul has, and he was very happy with the tune and had over 6K miles put on last season with no issues.

really? cuz you sure have,you need to reread your stuff. If your not bashing him I guess I don't get it cuz it sure seems like and appears like you are. Saying his tune blew up your friends car with no proof seems to be bashing to me. get proof and take the car back and make him fix it.

Reverend Cooper
04-10-2009, 07:07 PM

everyone can look at the picture in this thread and plainly see a C&M Performance sticker,He must not know what he is doing. So let me get this straight you took you truck for a complete build and tune to him. Why didnt you take it to a REAL TUNER like Forrest. Don't bother I'm sure I know the answer.

everyone check the link. you better go scrape that sticker off real quick lol\
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29424

BlackLightning
04-10-2009, 07:24 PM
]Don't bother I'm sure I know the answer.

everyone check the link. you better go scrape that sticker off real quick lol\
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29424

Please tell me the answer. I did NOT put the sticker on there and the sticker is long gone. I don't give 2 shits about Forest as I never met him and don't know anyone who has or had work done by him.

Reverend Cooper
04-10-2009, 07:25 PM
So your not happy with your lightning that Marv did for you?

BlackLightning
04-10-2009, 07:27 PM
So your not happy with your lightning that Marv did for you?

not at all.

Reverend Cooper
04-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Wow from that thread I would have never guessed that.whats you issues if you don't mind me asking.Didn't you do all your research and even get all your own stuff?

BlackLightning
04-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Wow from that thread I would have never guessed that.whats you issues if you don't mind me asking.Didn't you do all your research and even get all your own stuff?

That thread is from 9 months ago. I was happy with it when I picked it up and when I made that thread. I bought some parts and he ordered others and not sure how that is relevant unless you are being facetious and know more then you are letting on. That is all.

Reverend Cooper
04-10-2009, 07:42 PM
That thread is from 9 months ago. I was happy with it when I picked it up and when I made that thread. I bought some parts and he ordered others and not sure how that is relevant unless you are being factitious and know more then you are letting on. That is all.

just wondering,all I knew is your truck was there and he said you had done homework and got alot of your own stuff. You still haven't answered the question. To be totally happy then and not at all now seems odd. And then to not give any info in the not at all part is more odd. thats all. not that its my business. its between you and him. Hopefully you've addressed the issues with him. I'm sure you paid a good penny for the work and to be not at all happy I would have complained right away and got it fixed.

70 cutlass 442
04-10-2009, 08:51 PM
He can have his opinion,unlike you I won't complain about it. Not sure what my Job has to do with this? But I'm the Asst. Service Manager.
Care to enlighten us on what you do for a living I'd be interested.

I was a parts manager at a polaris dealership up until a change of ownership left me without a job last september, I Then Took a welding/ fab job in waukesha which looked promising until the last string of layoff left me without work once again, in the mean time i do side jobs and am a student.

Really? wasn't you truck done there? If not Its ok you have your opinion,unlike cutlass I won't cry about it,It doesn't really matter when he has hundreds of happy customers. Can the awesome Forrest say the same?
right now sounds like he has one so far,its a start i guess.

I like how you turned a simple question from a fellow forum member into a forrest bashing session/ Marve nut swining contest, You remind me of tony from WBD at this point. We have gone over this 100+ times, marve would of had my business if he could have returned my 3 messages in less then a month, hell FORREST HIMSELF even reccomend that i go to marve as he did not think he could have the car tuned by our deadline, but in the end, forrest was able to before marve. And on top of that, the car ran great and was trapping high 104s.

really? cuz you sure have,you need to reread your stuff. If your not bashing him I guess I don't get it cuz it sure seems like and appears like you are. Saying his tune blew up your friends car with no proof seems to be bashing to me. get proof and take the car back and make him fix it.

No proof.... the car needed to get towed from the on ramp to his house in germantown. I didnt get all the details since this was 2 years ago and i had no intrest at the time. for all i know the guy ran 85 octane fuel in it and thats why it came apart.... Thats why i didnt hold that agaisnt him when i attempted to contact marve to have the 98 tuned. What i did hold agaisnt him was his lengthy response time, I understand he may be busy but 3 weeks is excessive.....

Reverend Cooper
04-10-2009, 09:17 PM
well all i can say is for not holding it against him you sure have in your posts,now your back peddling on what you said. it is what it is if you dont like to deal with him, sorry.so you have no automotive backround except for side jobbing and you going to to talk bad about someone with huge amount of time in the ford field and and extremely good name with many happy customers.hmmm well ok.

70 cutlass 442
04-11-2009, 12:54 AM
well all i can say is for not holding it against him you sure have in your posts,now your back peddling on what you said. it is what it is if you dont like to deal with him, sorry.so you have no automotive backround except for side jobbing and you going to to talk bad about someone with huge amount of time in the ford field and and extremely good name with many happy customers.hmmm well ok.

besides shop classes in HS and two years at rocket racing, then you are rite on the no automotive experiance i guess. I mean everyone that has stepped to the plate and liked my work must of just gotten lucky..... Hell, even my own car thats trapping high 106 MPH on a stock head,piston,cam,bottom end with almost 200K miles on it and sitll got me to and from work for 2 years until 2nd gear finally failed was all luck..... Even my tune with a 200 shot of spray on my daily driver for over a season must have all been luck. and how do you figure i am back pedeling, in another post i simpaly stated that i can do much of the same work that marve would do for less, I never once said he was a bad tuner, and there are even plans to take a few of our cars to him for tuning....... I fail to see the issue here other then the fact that your upset that im not swining from the same sack as you.

How about you.... lets hear about your automotive accomplishments.... I really am curious to know about a service manager who pays to have someone else build their car.....

Reverend Cooper
04-11-2009, 05:34 AM
anyone that knows me knows I built a blown 331 stroker 94GT from the rear end forward,Clint at C&S had the short block machined and built for me,I did the rest. it trapped 119 and went 11.8 on dr's.
I have done all the suspension work on new car,all the audio work,with help from Ryan. the only things I have not done were the engine and blower mods. I don't have the time nor want to do it myself I have the luxury of being able to afford it myself.
As far as my qualifications,I was a light wheeled vehicle and trac vehicle technician in the military for 8 years,then moved into civilian shops where I wrenched for four more years and then moved into the management side. I am ase certified and have 15 years in at the shop I'm at. my home garage is a basic side shop I probably have more equiptment than most techs in the field and I know quite well how to use them.
my first car I built was a 82 firebird,swapped a carbed lt1 motor and th350 into it cam,heads and intake and tuned myself it was a 4cyl stick car.
amongst many others. So go ahead and let yourself think I have no clue what to do on cars people that know me and have had me work on their cars know diff. I just dont run around bragging about it on here like you, I don't have to my work speaks for its self

And yeah you said that Marv blew up you buddies car with his tune,then you said you didnt get specifics and dont know what happened. if thats the case why say its the tune if you don't have a clue what happened? further more that sounds exactly like the same story Breecher was telling Forrest, something he heard about and had no specifics other than he thought a rod broke. Rods dont break from a tune even Forrest said that. Someone needs to get you all together to figure out the real story cuz no one seems to have clue what happened and why.
If I have a car tuned up at my work and the motor blows up later that week,month or year because the car hasn't been maintained or cared for properly over the last few years I suppose that would be my fault to right? not so much.

70 cutlass 442
04-11-2009, 01:53 PM
First off, here is the direct quote about the 04' gt on the first page

"But I also recall a certiain 04' GT that was stock with marves tune, and marve installed componets"

Did i directly blame the tune. NO.

I dont run around bragging about my accomplishments, You asked on the other thread about my credentials..... And You obviously have more experiance then me, im 22, im guessing your middle aged just based on the years spent in the military and private shops..... That is no doubt worth something, but to judge my quality of work based solely on the fact that i havent gone to school or spent years in a dealership is bullshit. I do this strictly as a side job, I pick and choose my jobs. Honestly, if i did this everyday for a living i would hate it and never want to work on cars again. But lets talk about you, since you have 23 + Documented years of legitimate automotive work, why dont you explain to me why the hell a car trapping in the high 119 MPH rang is only ripping off a 12.01? I mean you said you did all your own suspension work on it didnt you?

Reverend Cooper
04-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Yes,I made the car to handle twisties,not drag racing.I will not give up excellent handling for daily driving on the streets (which is a majority of the driving the car see's) for a sloppy,boaty straight line only performer which the car rarely see's. That was also last year its gone faster.It would go much faster if I removed the stage two suspension and put in drag suspension and a bag with slicks. The car does what it does in street trim,on DR'S and road course suspsension. Simply put its doing what I planned for it to do,I'd say it kicks ass for that setup. Anymore dumb questions?
I don't recall saying you don't know shit or are less qualified than I,you asked, I answered simply.

70 cutlass 442
04-12-2009, 06:04 AM
Yes,I made the car to handle twisties,not drag racing.I will not give up excellent handling for daily driving on the streets (which is a majority of the driving the car see's) for a sloppy,boaty straight line only performer which the car rarely see's. That was also last year its gone faster.It would go much faster if I removed the stage two suspension and put in drag suspension and a bag with slicks. The car does what it does in street trim,on DR'S and road course suspsension. Simply put its doing what I planned for it to do,I'd say it kicks ass for that setup. Anymore dumb questions?
I don't recall saying you don't know shit or are less qualified than I,you asked, I answered simply.

That is a decent enough answer, lets just agree to disagree. I will tell you that marve can tune mustangs no doubt, and he will have some of my business in the near future... I like your car so i cant even rag on that, even though you dont do your own work its ok, even if i had the $$ i would do my own work just to say i did it.... I just dont appriciate you giving shit to a guy who i built a car on just based on the tune that is in it. I feel that you attacked him based solely on who tuned that car which happned to be no where near the problem. I do realize that forrest doesnt necessaily have the best of rep here, but he did a great job on this car...... Anything else should be setteled on PMs as this is getting old fast- Jon

Screamin281
04-12-2009, 10:58 PM
So IAC im thinkin is the problem with it dying

BAD LS1
04-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Did someone put a new TB on it and not take out the IAC port plug in this one too lol?

Irish
04-13-2009, 07:10 AM
That is a decent enough answer, lets just agree to disagree. I will tell you that marve can tune mustangs no doubt, and he will have some of my business in the near future... I like your car so i cant even rag on that, even though you dont do your own work its ok, even if i had the $$ i would do my own work just to say i did it.... I just dont appriciate you giving shit to a guy who i built a car on just based on the tune that is in it. I feel that you attacked him based solely on who tuned that car which happned to be no where near the problem. I do realize that forrest doesnt necessaily have the best of rep here, but he did a great job on this car...... Anything else should be setteled on PMs as this is getting old fast- Jon

Forrest touched another car...oh dear.

70 cutlass 442
04-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Did someone put a new TB on it and not take out the IAC port plug in this one too lol?

Lol, no, the line going from the charge pipe to the intake plentium is at to sharp of an angle and is restricted i think... Its odd though, i have put several hundred miles on this car and never had an issue with it.

Forrest touched another car...oh dear.

last year he tuned it..... back when he still had the dyno

FANAT1C
04-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Damn! With all the back and forth comments I forgot what the hell this thread was supposed to be about. Was someone asking for help with an issue on his car or was he asking for a drama battle?
Just amazing! :rolleyes:

Screamin281
04-13-2009, 09:07 PM
i just was lookin for a little help and other peoples ideas, i really didnt give a fuck who was a better tuner.

Irish
04-14-2009, 07:25 AM
i just was lookin for a little help and other peoples ideas, i really didnt give a fuck who was a better tuner.

You should.

Reverend Cooper
04-14-2009, 07:26 PM
ahh who cares Irish,it's not our car.

Screamin281
04-14-2009, 11:08 PM

Ok listen up ya cock, im not saying that i dont care if my car blow up, im saying that forest has been reliable to me so i dont need to know all bout marve. Im sure hes a smart guy but i dont need this guy to tune my car.

70 cutlass 442
04-14-2009, 11:32 PM

Coop. Your scheer ignorance and stupidity has done a great job at shitting up yet another thread. You did nothing to help a fellow bcmer out. Instead you pointed fingers before you had any valid information to support your theroy. Perhaps you can check with brad at WBD to see if he could use another useless spokesperson like tony, your cock sucking attitude would be great! I fail to see how a simple question from a newer member turned into complete shit because of you.

1320PNY
04-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Ok listen up ya cock...

Hey cockface, did you get that? :goof

brewcity_mach1
04-15-2009, 01:09 AM
:popcorn:

FANAT1C
04-15-2009, 06:28 AM
:popcorn:

No kidding!

More useless posts. How many pages can we keep this going for?

lit666
04-15-2009, 07:07 AM
is the car fixed yet?

70 cutlass 442
04-15-2009, 12:51 PM
is the car fixed yet?

yep, it was fixed four days after this thread was started.... he did complain that the car would sometiems die at idle, but i never got it to do it for me. he has a new IAC hose on order since the one on there is a bit short and i think starting to kink in one spot, so we will see if that takes care of the issue.

Reverend Cooper
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Coop. Your scheer ignorance and stupidity has done a great job at shitting up yet another thread. You did nothing to help a fellow bcmer out. Instead you pointed fingers before you had any valid information to support your theroy. Perhaps you can check with brad at WBD to see if he could use another useless spokesperson like tony, your cock sucking attitude would be great! I fail to see how a simple question from a newer member turned into complete shit because of you.

You two make me laugh.who the fuck asks for help here when you got cutlass. pretty gay. and i tried to stop by basically saying I don't give a fuck cuz it aint my car. This has nothing to do with WBD. I'm not sure how you twits feel it does. I'm ignorant? your the two dumbfucks that think Forrest is awesome your both retards. I'm still trying to figure out why on earth with the world's best side jobber in his pocket screamin is asking on here for help. Makes me feel like he isn't to sure with your ability,maybe i'm wrong. Good luck on that dieing out thing lol.

Reverend Cooper
04-15-2009, 08:58 PM
is the car fixed yet?

yup he says except for the dieing out thing lol. Get it to Forrest and get it fixed right.:rolf

Screamin281
04-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Well ya see i didnt have time to talk to Cutlass right away and i figured i'd get some ideas to see if it was something easy and i could fix it myself. Once cutlass heard bout it he did fix the coolant hose problem. and I myself fixed the dying problem FTW! yes i did it myself, big step for me.

Reverend Cooper
04-15-2009, 09:38 PM
congratz. at least it is fixed thats all that matters.

FANAT1C
04-15-2009, 09:50 PM
congratz. at least it is fixed thats all that matters.

WOW! A positive post, really? :durr :thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
04-15-2009, 09:52 PM
thanks I try. get sean and come get me for lunch.

FANAT1C
04-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Sounds good. We'll have to do that soon.

70 cutlass 442
04-15-2009, 10:14 PM
You two make me laugh.who the fuck asks for help here when you got cutlass. pretty gay. and i tried to stop by basically saying I don't give a fuck cuz it aint my car. This has nothing to do with WBD. I'm not sure how you twits feel it does. I'm ignorant? your the two dumbfucks that think Forrest is awesome your both retards. I'm still trying to figure out why on earth with the world's best side jobber in his pocket screamin is asking on here for help. Makes me feel like he isn't to sure with your ability,maybe i'm wrong. Good luck on that dieing out thing lol.

You never seize to amazing me, with every reply you make yourself out to more of a fool then i originally thought. The kid is trying to learn something about cars, he had an issue and between school, and other jobs I was unable to help paul out instantly, so he thought that maybe he could get some quicker assistance and some more input on the issue before i would even have a chance to look at it.... perhaps he could have called Marve (god according to you) and the thing could sit in peices across his parking lot for half the season like a few other cars that i know have been up there.... I mean FUCK, I had this intake on in 1/3 of the time that it took for him to return a god damn phone call. The next step is to get this thing on a dyno and add more fuel, maybe then the idleing issue will be looked at if its still an issue at that time. Where did i say forrest is awesome? quit putting words in my mouth, the tune worked awesome, and made more power then vortech said it would.

yup he says except for the dieing out thing lol. Get it to Forrest and get it fixed right.:rolf

ill take it to marve, maybe we will see it by summer of 2012 :loser

Reverend Cooper
04-15-2009, 11:06 PM
you never CEASE to amaze me I have said twice I'm done with this and don't care,yet you still talk shit.
Somethings take time to do and be done right.If you don't have the time don't do business with the man. Let the guy that has super fast turn around handle it and hope it's right. Maybe your car can be the next Z06,or burned up Mustang or any other proven countless mistakes that have been past his hands. I have no clue why your even talking about taking a car to Marv for tuning,makes no sense since Forrest did such great work why take it or any of your other builds somewhere else for tuning. Your so contradictory it hurts to read.
You say Marv won't return phone calls,blew your buddies car up with a bad tune and is too slow at getting things done. Yet Forrest tunes great and is fast and cheap. seems like a no brainer to me. You two guys are the only two on this whole website that think Forrest is good at what he does. Take C&M out of the equation. You two are the only ones that think Forrest is still good. Kinds makes me laugh ALOT!!!

Screamin281
04-15-2009, 11:13 PM
well ya see since Forest no longer owns a dyno some of his side jobs may have to go to marv, the only way forest can tune is to rent dyno time from a 3rd party and plus he has another job, so maybe this time marv will be faster than forest

Reverend Cooper
04-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Forrest dyno'ed cars at big3 without a dyno. It was on the street. In fact I know one guy that saw his car being beat up on the tuning circuit there. So thats not really an excuse to take it to Marv. I would think you would still want Forrest to do it since he did such a great job in the first place. He can tune it on the street or on the rented dyno I'm sure it would be faster,Can't see him saying no and pushing you off. And I'm sure he can fix your idleing/drivability issues too. So that's not really a good excuse for HAVING to take it to C&M Performance.

Screamin281
04-15-2009, 11:20 PM
hmm i dont know what to tell ya then but that was my guess

70 cutlass 442
04-15-2009, 11:48 PM
you never CEASE to amaze me I have said twice I'm done with this and don't care,yet you still talk shit.
Somethings take time to do and be done right.If you don't have the time don't do business with the man. Let the guy that has super fast turn around handle it and hope it's right. Maybe your car can be the next Z06,or burned up Mustang or any other proven countless mistakes that have been past his hands. I have no clue why your even talking about taking a car to Marv for tuning,makes no sense since Forrest did such great work why take it or any of your other builds somewhere else for tuning. Your so contradictory it hurts to read.
You say Marv won't return phone calls,blew your buddies car up with a bad tune and is too slow at getting things done. Yet Forrest tunes great and is fast and cheap. seems like a no brainer to me. You two guys are the only two on this whole website that think Forrest is good at what he does. Take C&M out of the equation. You two are the only ones that think Forrest is still good. Kinds makes me laugh ALOT!!!

I do not agree with street turning periord, how can you watch a laptop, WB and the road at the same time.....you cant! there was no dyno at big three, and now their is no dyno now, that is why marve was back in the picture, but you have had it out for this car since you herd it had a forrest tune. Further more, i never herd of any issues until way after about these other customer cars, everything that i herd was after the WBD split. But it is what it is, and the AFR was dead on and the plugs were perfact in color, how can you argue that it has a bad tune?....... And dont correct my spelling to appear more intelligant, You used "AINT" several posts above which isnt even a damn word.

And I'm sure he can fix your idleing/drivability issues too. So that's not really a good excuse for HAVING to take it to C&M Performance.

problem solved with a $12 hose and a screw driver.

Reverend Cooper
04-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Great, again you've said its running great and plugs look perfect.So then why does it need a retune? oh yeah cuz that intake is flowing uber more air right. Let your friend spend more on another tune that will prolly net zero results. But thats right Forrest got like 70 more hp outta a carbed old one ton truck he claimed on here so I'm sure theres a hundred more to be found in screamins car right? I love wen you call me a tool for pointing out the obvious flaws in your story's cuz in the end it really makes you look like the tool.
perfect plugs,perfect afr,diff. intake that im sure the car on its own can't possible compensate for. lol makes me laugh even more. Idiot

Reverend Cooper
04-15-2009, 11:58 PM
oh and actually most of the issues with forrest were before,during and after the WBD days. Thank god Brad was smart enough to get rid of him before it was to late. I really feel bad for Brad. But at least now things will get much better for him.

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Great, again you've said its running great and plugs look perfect.So then why does it need a retune? oh yeah cuz that intake is flowing uber more air right. Let your friend spend more on another tune that will prolly net zero results. But thats right Forrest got like 70 more hp outta a carbed old one ton truck he claimed on here so I'm sure theres a hundred more to be found in screamins car right? I love wen you call me a tool for pointing out the obvious flaws in your story's cuz in the end it really makes you look like the tool.
perfect plugs,perfect afr,diff. intake that im sure the car on its own can't possible compensate for. lol makes me laugh even more. Idiot

alright, since you appear to know everyhting, why would the car go from running flawless with old intake, to wanting more fuel? Please elaborate..... Did forest sneak over in the middle of the nite and change the fuel maps?

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Thats right, the flow characeristics cant be that different.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/mustangtuning/pi-install-image-04.jpg

Reverend Cooper
04-16-2009, 12:05 AM
how do you know it wants more fuel,you have a afr hooked up? I have seen cars that jump 1-3 psi in boost with a anderson ford power pipe that didnt have a retune and the afr gauge read where it was before. So your telling me his maf is maxed and the injectors are maxed and the car can not compensate for the 20-50 extra cfm. thats a joke. but hey go ahead and retune it. Please take it to Forrest.

Irish
04-16-2009, 12:09 AM
I do not agree with street turning period, how can you watch a laptop, WB and the road at the same time.

You have someone else drive while you tune on the laptop. Seemed to have worked really well for Tom prior to hooking up with WBD. That is how you tune on the street. That is where a car is ran, on the street.

You have shown your lack of knowledge with that post sir.

P.S. Sorry I had to correct your spelling. With the addition of instant spell check, I don't understand how you can still spell words wrong. No I am not trying to make myself seem more intelligent. It's just a pet peeve.

Oh and using the word "ain't" is not a spelling error, it's more of a grammatical error. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Reverend Cooper
04-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Yeah,I'm pretty much done here at this point. you can argue with yourself. Screaming again glad your car is fixed and you had a hand in it. I'm sure that makes you feel good. It should.

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Wide band will be installed on saturday, We took a WOT run and it cut out at 4PSI, pulled over and the plugs appeared to be a bit more white then previous.. the car has pretty much been parked since then. All the plugs that came out were consistantly a nice brown color, now they are all whiter........ If you have anymore input please share with us, thats what this site is for anyways isnt it?

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2009, 12:18 AM
You have someone else drive while you tune on the laptop. Seemed to have worked really well for Tom prior to hooking up with WBD. That is how you tune on the street. That is where a car is ran, on the street.

You have shown your lack of knowledge with that post sir.

P.S. Sorry I had to correct your spelling. With the addition of instant spell check, I don't understand how you can still spell words wrong. No I am not trying to make myself seem more intelligent. It's just a pet peeve.

Coop corrected me, if you did too then i appriciate the help :thumbsup And i understand you could have someone ride shotty and tune it, but from what i recall, big three was pretty much a secretary, a couple investors, and forest who did pretty much everything technical related, i could be wrong but i thought he pretty much tuned things himself with the use of data logging software.

Yeah,I'm pretty much done here at this point. you can argue with yourself. Screaming again glad your car is fixed and you had a hand in it. I'm sure that makes you feel good. It should.

This was not suppose to turn into an arguement, you had a smart ass comment and contributed nothing to a guy who needed help.... If you would have had some honest input with good intentions then im sure he would have been very greatful for your time. but instead you had to bash someones tune to promote your tuner some more......

Reverend Cooper
04-16-2009, 12:25 AM
Not really,actually I commented on Forrest and you took it to heart and went on about Marv. For which I stuck up for him. and yeah forrest tuned car on the street with and without people in the car. Again take the car to him. no one here cares. like ive said already you 2 are the only ones on this site that thinks he has done anything at all concieveably good on a car. For the fourth time I'm done with the conversation,just make sure Forrest retunes the car tahts making so much more power and with its added volumetric efficiency at 4psi lol.
again for the fourth or fifth time no rebuttle is needed I dont car its not my car take Marv outta the equation,cuz obviously you don't need him. Use forrest

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2009, 12:28 AM
done deal.... but for real, any input then why the plugs indicate why the car is leaner now with the new intake? You did list your credentials earleir in this thread, and wouldnt mind some input from a guy with so much experiance...

Reverend Cooper
04-16-2009, 12:32 AM
I obviously don't know anything compared to Forrest,sooo I would call and talk to him. Better hope you dont have a vacuum leak tho it would cause lean and boost bleed off.

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2009, 12:34 AM
/\/\ that was what was suspected origionally, it would also maybe explain the irratic idle, but everyhting was checked, and most new lines were installed when the blower was put on.... i guess we will have to wait to see what the wide band says

Reverend Cooper
04-16-2009, 12:38 AM
put plugs in it,and drive it around for abit staying outta boost only in vacuum. then pull the plugs out if they look the same as they are now then there is something else wrong the car should be able to easilly compensate for the intake without any boost. Right? if not something else is wrong imo.

Reverend Cooper
04-16-2009, 12:42 AM
boost pressures may have dropped due to better flowing intake,the amount of air i think would be similiar as before,just less pressure. a 5psi blower is a 5psi blower the intake cant take more than what is pushed into it right? so the pressure may drop but the volume of air is the same= less intake heat=less detonation issue. if you used a bigger intake and a smaller pulley thats a different story right?

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2009, 12:50 AM
i origionally though similar, but boost is a measurement of restriction, and with less restriction that could ammount to a lower reading on the gauge i would assume? i have herd of this on other cars, but usually where boost numbers are much higher which i guess may make it easier to see a lower precentage change in air flow.

70 cutlass 442
04-16-2009, 12:51 AM
And the other reason i pointed fingers at th intake is a buddy of mine with identical car installed the PI intake and plentium.... not only did the thing pick up 5 MPH in the 1/4, but it was retuned (marve uped the fuel in higher Rs) And that was on a N/A car at that!

SilverBullitt
04-16-2009, 12:59 AM
No the computer cant compensate for the intake differance. Even NA youre supposed to have it tuned for it cuz the comp goes crazy. ive seen rich, ive seen lean, ive seen one bank go lean and the other rich at the same time. ive done alot of these

Reverend Cooper
04-16-2009, 06:04 AM
^ why cant it,the o2 sensor and maf have some compensation on any vehicle, a car that drives from here into to mountains doesnt need a retune like most carbed vehicles that go lean and develop running issues. I'm not saying the car cant benefit at all from retuning,but all cars have some compensation.

70 cutlass 442
04-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Deffintaly needs a new tunr... pulls 22 inches of vaccume at idle. boost and runs better, but the afr is not where it was when it was tuned.... Have an SCT on order and will be calling marve monday. from what i read the intake flows almost 90 cfm better then the NPI one, even if the Maf and 02 can compesate for some atmospheric changes, everone that has done this swap on the early 4.6's had to get it tuned to run right, and that was all N/A stuff so far..... So i guess we will see that it does on the dyno and go form there

Sprayaway Fox
04-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Umm. I dont want to read 5 pages but this is what I can share. actual boost on a engine is measured in restriction, So if you swap intakes and its better flowing than the one taken off the plugs will be leaner. Sometimes If you even use a crappy intake and put a nice one on you might lose a LB or 2 with a new setup. My buds old Stock 5.0 HO intake to a Systemax intake he lost a LB of boost but it was faster ET wise. It needs more fuel and if it was jacked up I would want to retune it on the boost. One hiccup under some boost and you could take out a headgasket. Especially if its runnin lean its close to detonation. Anywayz you asked for a opinion so thats mine. You guys take care :)

Reverend Cooper
04-18-2009, 07:26 PM
I would recc. retuning off boost too if thats the case and your sure its leaning out. a AFR gauge would be great right now.

70 cutlass 442
04-19-2009, 03:34 AM
I would recc. retuning off boost too if thats the case and your sure its leaning out. a AFR gauge would be great right now.

I installed a AFR gauge yesterday and it confirmed it........

13.7ish WOT in 1st and 2nd gear

12.4ish WOT in 4th and 5th gear.

Deffintaly is getting more air and now need to up the fuel.. Good news is it should make more power, bad news is its leaan as of now..... I did advise paul to not drive it until we can get it on the dyno and change the fuel maps..... The car put down 301 at the ground with the orig tune so i guess we will se what we can get out of it this time around.....

Thanks for all the input...... Even thou it took a few pages of argueing i still got some great info (even you coop) so i appricate it and will let you all know what it does on the dyno this time!

1320PNY
04-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Side note:

Make sure there is an Oil Separator built into the EGR circuit. Just read MM&FF where a guy toasted his Termy because he sucked in some oil and killed a piston from the octane change.

70 cutlass 442
04-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Got the tuner on it today...... got it down to about a solid 12.2-12.5ish, would like to throw a little bit more at it, but the car deffintaly liked the added fuel!