PDA

View Full Version : Found counterfeit $$ & got busted today

Heat Seeker WS6
03-07-2004, 11:27 PM
Post deleted to cover my arse.

Thanks for the support guys- it's appreciated.

John

SMS 1
03-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Holy Hell man, what next? Did they belive that you found it or are you guys going to be making license plates for awhile? :eek:

Heat Seeker WS6
03-07-2004, 11:39 PM
She took us into the main lobby outside B&N and had a few other security people keep us contained while a few Tosa cops came to talk to us. It was not cool at all bieng surrounded by the cops and secuirty and bieng asked to keep our hands in plain view while everyone else in the Mall watched us. I also was thinking it was a bad day to have the Flanners work coat on.
Because we actually tried to use the fake bill we found, we are now going to get contacted by the FBI & etc and this isn't over yet.
I have a few probs with what happened with our situation-
1. They wouldn't let me show them exactly wher the bill was picked up in the mall.
2. They didn't ask to see the rest of the bills on us. I gladly would have showed them.
3. I would have preferred to have been taken into a back room or someplace- not have all the attention in the mall itself.
Lesson- if you find $$, take it in to be checked out first, or test it yourself with the government issued bill testing marker.
:fire :fire

SMS 1
03-07-2004, 11:42 PM
That really really really sucks. I'm sorry to hear that big time, you may need to contact a laywer if they keep screwing with you like that :flamet

SlowStee
03-08-2004, 12:08 AM
hell yeah get a good lawyer if they try to bull some BS accusations ....everyones a criminal to cops/security, heres what i say:flipoff:

SMS 1
03-08-2004, 12:29 AM
Ya, kinda tough to beat down the fed's though. Good luck with it all man :wstupid

rsscoty
03-08-2004, 09:49 AM
John just in case things go downhill, I want a shot at the firebird LOL. J/k

That sucks man, just goes to show everything has a price. Keep us posted and best of luck with this.
Scoty

jbiscuit
03-08-2004, 12:41 PM
not to add fuel to all this but my cousin Sean got nailed with a fake bill about a month ago also out in Janesville. He was paying for gas and pulled out a $20 bill to pay. The guy checked it and it was fake. He thinks he got it as change from the night prior at the restaurant that him and his fiance were at. He got arrested and taked to the police station over it and he didn't even know it was a fake. But I guess they are cracking down BIG TIME> He said that the cop told him that in the last 6 months they had (Janesville cops) retrieved around $6,000 in fake bills. It appear that the new bills might be easier than ever to reproduce or something. He was questioned a lot about the bill and where he got it and such and like you he had no idea it was a fake....

sorry to hear about the headache and yeah the cops and mall security dropped the ball by creating a scene like that. I would sue for the embarassment that was caused through the ordeal/

J

rsscoty
03-08-2004, 01:37 PM
There was an incidint a few years ago, where a friend of the family had gone to play bingo. He and his wife are big bingo fanatics. Anyhow, he hit the big one for 100,00.00 they checked the bill he had played with. FAKE!!!

He didn't get to collect his money as a result.
Scoty

animal
03-08-2004, 02:26 PM
It's a crappy experience I'm sure, and really a frightening thought. How many fake bills could any one of us have had over the course of our time spending money in public. It's anyone's guess really. You could get them as change at any time and never even know.

Anyways, good luck, I hope they just want to question you and make sure you're not producing these or something.... well that and they'll probably bug your house for the rest of your life ;)

TransAm12sec
03-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Could someone explain how to tell the fake bills from the real ones in detail? I just checked my wallet and everything appears to be real.

SlowStee
03-09-2004, 07:34 PM
someone nervous?

Cryptic
03-09-2004, 08:03 PM
:eek:

9C1 Driver
03-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by TransAm12sec
Could someone explain how to tell the fake bills from the real ones in detail? I just checked my wallet and everything appears to be real.

http://www.ustreas.gov/usss/money_detect.shtml multiple pages, be sure to hit "next page" at the bottom.

Also check out: http://www.moneyfactory.com/cd042500/security.html this one has a lot more details

TransAm12sec
03-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by FoRmuLa_DriVa
someone nervous?

I'd prefer not to get arrested when I need to finish a term paper and take the ACTs. It won't look to good on my record.

SMS 1
03-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Just don't take your fakes to mayfair!:goof

Crawlin
03-09-2004, 11:49 PM
sorry John and Jess, but be prepared.... this isn't going to be an open and shut case. I hope that they don't treat this harsher then it started out to be....

CruxGNZ
03-10-2004, 12:31 AM
I feel sorry for you. That's pretty unfortunate. Hope it all turns out okay. Cards were just not in your favor that day.

Now, in your defense, how many of you went and pulled out your few bucks to check your cash money? I still haven't. Why you ask? Who the heck spends time to see if you have a counterfeit bill every time you put cash into your money clip. I think I did once back in grade school. This is actually the first time I have ever heard of someone taking time out of thier day to see if money that is being handed to them is counterfeit in this area. I have had cash money that is barely recognizable (sp?) after going through the wash still pass for what the note is worth. Did I spend time to go to the bank to exchange it for a new crisp bill? No. I have better things to do with my time. It is what it is, for all I'm concerned. I'm not making counterfeit money, why should I worry.

Well I hope it all works out for you and the truth holds well in the face of our government.

!M!

Heat Seeker WS6
03-10-2004, 01:02 AM
I'm thinking about taking up street racing. At least then if I get busted, I can say, "OK Mr Officer, you got me busted fair & square."
Chris, you got any slicks I can bum off of you?

Crawlin
03-10-2004, 08:14 AM
Haha, no you'll have to talk to Dan and Jacki. I sold them my last set of rims/ and tires.

Like I said, it really sucks how they treated you at the beginning. Guilty to proven innocent in today's world. Bunch of pricks that wouldn't even let you explain anything or show them where you found it etc...

Hope you get it resolved soon!

Chris

Al
03-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Counterfeiting is big business. They are going to treat you more like a witness of a murder than someone who stole a tank of gas from speedway.

Yooformula
03-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Fake bills are no joke right now. I busted about 8 people last summer alone and have gone to court for 2 of them. Every case has a Secret Service agent there to assist in prosecuting and they dont mess around with this. I think more than anythine they want to know where you may have gotten the bill from. Did you run or did you stand there in disbelief? Every customer that turned them into me just up and ran like they were guilty and it caused a police chase EACH time. You should be fine though, these characters were shady at best and everyone knew these guys were trying to pass off fakes.

Scales
03-10-2004, 02:36 PM
On the topic of counterfeit money......

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/doc_o_day.html

rsscoty
03-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Heard about her on the news this morning. What an idiot. She needs to lay off the left-handed ciggies.

Scoty

Heat Seeker WS6
03-10-2004, 08:22 PM
We answered each question willingly and expressed to them that we had no problem talking with them. I made sure not to make them feel rushed or anything.