PDA

View Full Version : GM and Ford new job-loss incentives

WhatsADSM
03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Anyone check out the new job loss incentives that they are offering?

It dwarfs the hyundai "you can take your car back if you loose your job" campaign.

If you lose your job Ford will pay your payments for a full year and GM will pay for 9 months. Pretty good deal honestly. If the government stimulus for new auto sales was actually decent (compared to the crap we got), this would probably be enough to push me over the edge and get a new DD.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090331/ap_on_bi_ge/ford_car_payments

pOrk
03-31-2009, 07:02 PM
What a joke, people can't afford the shit they are buying to begin with. Lets put an even bigger strain on an already struggling economy by offering temporary freebies.

What happens after the 9 months? "OOOPs, I did it again"

pw_cc_runner
03-31-2009, 09:20 PM
What a joke, people can't afford the shit they are buying to begin with. Lets put an even bigger strain on an already struggling economy by offering temporary freebies.

QFT

Has anyone else ever wondered why its FREE for the entire world to send something to the United States, but when I send a set of aftermarket 1994 Mustang headlights to my friend in Holland they import tax them over 150 euro! Call me crazy, but just does not seem right...

jbiscuit
03-31-2009, 09:22 PM

I'm going tomorrow to buy that Z06 I have been eyeing up....and I ain't payin shit! Free Vette for 9 months, here I come! Will it eff my credit? Not as bad as the jackass that isn't paying his mortgage! Game on! :thumbsup

Voodoo Chick
03-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Oh, but I wouldn't be able to part with it after having it for 9 months.......not something I'd do.