PDA

View Full Version : MOTOKRZR battery

94greenbandit
03-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Does anyone else have this phone with a crappy battery. My wife can charge it all she wants but thing dies after almost being on the phone for a 1/2 hour.

URLOZIN
03-31-2009, 02:23 PM
I used to have it. My charge lasted like a few hours tops. I ended up getting some slider phone or something, and now my blackberry battery lasts for two or three days/

BAD LS1
03-31-2009, 02:35 PM
yeah i had one of those phones and it got to the point if it was more than 5 min talk time it was dead. no more motorjunka shit for me.

94greenbandit
03-31-2009, 02:35 PM
My wife will have a full charge and she is lucky if it lasts one hour. Called Verizon and they told me to take the phoe, battery and charger so they could test all three to see what the problem is. To me if it ain't holding a charge after it shows all bars then it should be the battery

Flicktitty
03-31-2009, 02:45 PM
my buddy had that phone and had lots of problems with the batteries.

i think cell phone batteries in general aren't very good.

aren't you NOT suposed to charge them till they are dead?

94greenbandit
03-31-2009, 02:54 PM
my buddy had that phone and had lots of problems with the batteries.

i think cell phone batteries in general aren't very good.

aren't you NOT suposed to charge them till they are dead?

Well she definitely killed it by charging it

88Nightmare
03-31-2009, 02:56 PM
the battery in my palm treo PDA phone can last 2 or 3 days with normal usage

94greenbandit
03-31-2009, 02:57 PM
Yeah the same with my Blackberry

Myles
03-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Yeah you are supposed to let the thing damn near die out before charging it again.

URLOZIN
03-31-2009, 03:09 PM
And you're not supposed to leave it charging overnight or for long periods of time

British_Ben
03-31-2009, 03:15 PM
And you're not supposed to leave it charging overnight or for long periods of time

Not with all phones, most of the old ones though. The new ones automatically stop charging once its full and won't start charging it again until you unplug it and plug it back in.

Yeehaw
03-31-2009, 05:20 PM
i had a motorola v323 that did that would be fine til i would talk on it then it would drain it fast now i have a motorazr no issues yet

Car Guy
03-31-2009, 07:25 PM
LG phones FTMFW...!!! :headbang

MoCkiN U
03-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Not with all phones, most of the old ones though. The new ones automatically stop charging once its full and won't start charging it again until you unplug it and plug it back in.

you are correct.

3 things to worry about with batteries.

1. Dont charge night after night for long periods of time as batteries only have 1600 charge cycles in them typically which is from dead to full.
2. You dont have to drain the battery fully to charge it again but you should condition the battery which is charge it completely before using the first time on the home charger and NOT on the car charger.
3. Car chargers are deadly to phone batteries. They are designed as high capacity chargers not trickle ones like the home so extended use on car chargers are deadly and will cause the battery to fail. THe easiest way to test this is pull the battery out of the phone and rub it between your fingers, if you feel a larger bump or what we call "popped" you have a bad battery. In the store you will see us spin the battery on the counter top. If it spins like a top then its bad and has popped. It shoudnt spin at all really.

Typical public see #1 and #3 as their biggest issues. How do I know this to be close to true?? VZW did a "myth busters" earlier this year and battery myths were one. Half the crap we were telling customers were just that...CRAP.

But I dont think yours is either of those scenarios.THe moto razr and krazr phones are the worst pieces of crap we ever had. If your local store doesnt help you PM me and I'll see what I can do. Just keep in mind I just started a 7 day vacation today tho

URLOZIN
03-31-2009, 07:37 PM
you are correct.

3 things to worry about with batteries.

1. Dont charge night after night for long periods of time as batteries only have 1600 charge cycles in them typically which is from dead to full.
2. You dont have to drain the battery fully to charge it again but you should condition the battery which is charge it completely before using the first time on the home charger and NOT on the car charger.
3. Car chargers are deadly to phone batteries. They are designed as high capacity chargers not trickle ones like the home so extended use on car chargers are deadly and will cause the battery to fail. THe easiest way to test this is pull the battery out of the phone and rub it between your fingers, if you feel a larger bump or what we call "popped" you have a bad battery. In the store you will see us spin the battery on the counter top. If it spins like a top then its bad and has popped. It shoudnt spin at all really.

Typical public see #1 and #3 as their biggest issues. How do I know this to be close to true?? VZW did a "myth busters" earlier this year and battery myths were one. Half the crap we were telling customers were just that...CRAP.

But I dont think yours is either of those scenarios.THe moto razr and krazr phones are the worst pieces of crap we ever had. If your local store doesnt help you PM me and I'll see what I can do. Just keep in mind I just started a 7 day vacation today tho
I agree. I went through 4 krazrs in less than 5 months. Verizon told me on the second messed up one that insurance only covers two exchanges, unless they were broken. So they wouldn't take back my third one. I literally had to threaten to throw the phone against the wall and break it, because then they would cover it. It was just plain stupid. I will never have another krazr or razr. Or verizon. Done ranting now. Krazrs and razors just plain suck!

Deggy
03-31-2009, 08:19 PM
KRZR's sound like a junk phone.

Car Guy
03-31-2009, 09:20 PM

you are correct.

3. Car chargers are deadly to phone batteries.

Kelley is this adivice you give only for the 'older' ones as Ben mentioned or all phones, and which ones are considered 'older' if it is just for those...???

I have placed my phone (LG8300) on the home charger every single night for the last 5 years and it's still working as well as day one.....

MoCkiN U
03-31-2009, 09:28 PM
If its lithium ion 800mah or higher then that is considered "newer" most of the batts before that are considered old.

Your 8300 is best phone we ever had. Good luck killing that phone, we call it the tank for a reason LOL. We only sell phones about 8 months before a new model comes out and that one sold for almost 2 years just cause it was that damn good.

Car Guy
03-31-2009, 09:39 PM
The 'TANK' it is...!!!

I have dropped it a minimum of 50 times from 4-5 feet off the ground onto concrete and it still works just as good as new.....:headbang

2 bad z's
04-01-2009, 09:01 AM
try this. let the battery go down,than turn the phone off ,and charge it while still off ,hope it works for ya it worked for my phone

Troutman
04-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Does anyone else have this phone with a crappy battery. My wife can charge it all she wants but thing dies after almost being on the phone for a 1/2 hour.

i still have mine, had the same problem, and i'm on my 2nd battery. basically i plugged it in every single night. in general i hate that phone. the camera sucks..the delay in pushing any button, to do the actual function it does is slow as hell. due for a new phone next month...cant wait!

2006wrxtr
04-01-2009, 03:31 PM
I went through a few of these phones with the same results after a couple months of use the batteries are just shit. My Blackberry keeps a charge for a few days with normal use.

As matter of fact while trying to order flowers for my GF on V-Day and the KRZR dying a few times it slipped outta my hand and exploded against the side of my work truck.

I got my Blackberry as a free upgrade..