PDA

View Full Version : HID Kits for 40 bucks

Pages : [1] 2

pOrk
03-29-2009, 02:22 PM
http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=102&parent=85

Poncho
03-29-2009, 02:33 PM
dang! too bad I've already got some in my headlights and fogs or I'd get more!

PureSound15
03-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Good deal even if they fail. Just bought 2 sets for the cobra.

That_Guy
03-29-2009, 04:46 PM
holy shit good deal.. i just bought highs and lows for the balt..

pOrk
03-29-2009, 08:21 PM
If anybody wants a kit and wants to share shipping, let me know. I want a kit but dont want to pay 15 bucks for shipping

SLOWC5
03-29-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm going to buy a few set tomorrow or tonight

JEFF

xxtremeteam
03-29-2009, 08:47 PM
This is very tempting for my stang

0TransAm0
03-29-2009, 09:07 PM
whats with the color choices? its just numbers....i guess i don't know anything about HIDS...

and what bulbs would i need for my foglights?

thanks.
Mike

fly5150
03-29-2009, 09:10 PM
damn thats a great deal. i might just get them, thats the price of a set of spare bulbs from other places. get some for my bike i guess.

fly5150
03-29-2009, 09:12 PM
whats with the color choices? its just numbers....i guess i don't know anything about HIDS...

thanks.
Mike

most factory HID's in BMW's and Mercedes are 4300k. anything lower than that gets yellow. the higher the number the more blue it is and get purple at 10,000k
I have 5000k hids and i love the brightness and color. Most people go 6000k, but I think they look too blue.

Deggy
03-29-2009, 09:28 PM
I love my 8000k HID's in my car.

Perfect color, not to blue, but not to white. IMO anyways.

letsrunem
03-30-2009, 12:46 AM
Good deal even if they fail. Just bought 2 sets for the cobra.

Review as soon as you get them!

Poncho
03-30-2009, 07:32 AM

thanks.
Mike

don't even bother putting those in your stock fogs, please... upgrade the fogs first.

PureSound15
03-30-2009, 09:12 AM
This is the first time I'm going to attempt to put HIDs into reflector housings - the mustang has a great beam pattern so I'm hoping they work and save the cut-off

Unfortunately, nobody makes a projector headlight for the mustang that doesn't make me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

That_Guy
03-30-2009, 10:25 AM
This is the first time I'm going to attempt to put HIDs into reflector housings - the mustang has a great beam pattern so I'm hoping they work and save the cut-off

Unfortunately, nobody makes a projector headlight for the mustang that doesn't make me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

retro fits.. i been wanting to do a set for the longest time. i bought a extra set of headlights to do it but never moved past that stage.

PureSound15
03-30-2009, 11:17 AM
retro fits.. i been wanting to do a set for the longest time. i bought a extra set of headlights to do it but never moved past that stage.

No. Go away.

Yooformula
03-30-2009, 01:47 PM
I would try different bulbs first Ryan. We had to put a set of sylvania ultra's in the van and they are amazing!!!

Myles
03-30-2009, 03:39 PM
I would try different bulbs first Ryan. We had to put a set of sylvania ultra's in the van and they are amazing!!!

Stop talking.

You said van.

88Nightmare
03-30-2009, 04:04 PM

I had a set of HID's in the reflector housings in my Silverado, and just recently switched that set over to the Trailblazer (also reflector housings) and both are awesome. I haven't noticed any obnoxious cutoff in the light. Give em a shot and see how they work. For $40 bucks you can't go wrong. Even if you DO have a shitty cut-off, you could always box the thing back up and sell it on ebay for $80 I'm sure.

I'll be ordering a few sets from DDM as well

95mustang302
03-30-2009, 06:58 PM
^^^^, i have HID's in my grand prix reflector housings and haven't had a problem yet, they rock!

BlackLightning
03-30-2009, 09:24 PM
page now says out of stock. :(

lasttimearound
04-12-2009, 07:05 PM
anyone get theirs yet?

PureSound15
04-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Just got mine on Friday. Kits look good and the harnesses are great!

lasttimearound
04-12-2009, 09:19 PM
good shit, i ordered two set, how long did they take to show up?

PureSound15
04-13-2009, 10:18 AM
About 2 weeks

SLOWC5
04-19-2009, 05:02 PM
I bought three sets and have one set installed, drove in the vehicle last night in the rain, LOVE them, will order more to have on hand.

JEFF

CobaltSSTuner
04-19-2009, 09:59 PM
thats a good find! thanks for the heads up!

GTSLOW
04-19-2009, 10:58 PM
I wish I knew how to install HIDs. Last thing I'd want to do is fuck up the wiring.

SLOWC5
04-19-2009, 10:58 PM
I wish I knew how to install HIDs. Last thing I'd want to do is fuck up the wiring.

Its all plug and play, no cutting

srt4eh
04-20-2009, 12:57 AM
wow...I'm gonna have to get a set or two of these

lilws6
04-20-2009, 11:24 PM
still out of stock :( i want some for the bike and my saturn

lasttimearound
04-28-2009, 06:50 PM
so now im lost, ive tried both sets of mine for my ram, and all they do is click (like they are trying to ignite, and occasionally flash? am i missing something?

PureSound15
04-28-2009, 08:30 PM
so now im lost, ive tried both sets of mine for my ram, and all they do is click (like they are trying to ignite, and occasionally flash? am i missing something?

Sounds like the lack of a ground (or a good ground.

lasttimearound
04-28-2009, 09:02 PM
figured it our, i need the damn canceler kit

Graystone
04-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Dang they are out of stock. I really need these in my bike. Have to wait to see this

SlowMotion
04-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Kits are back in stock, get em while they last!!!

Silver86
04-29-2009, 03:44 PM
if i wasnt so broke... :(

Graystone
04-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Well they are out of stock again? Maybe am am just not meant to have these

lasttimearound
04-29-2009, 10:22 PM
what lights are you looking for? i have to call them, ill ask whats up and get back to you

Graystone
04-29-2009, 10:35 PM
The $40 ones. I cant see the options since they are out of stock. I want as white as possible

lasttimearound
04-29-2009, 10:50 PM
thats great, but they go by what headlight style you have, h4 or 9006 or 9007 or whatever you use.

Graystone
04-29-2009, 11:27 PM
thats great, but they go by what headlight style you have, h4 or 9006 or 9007 or whatever you use.

Yea i am a little slow tonight. H7

Deggy
05-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Just ordered a set, one of my bulbs burnt out. Hope I enjoy them as much as everyone else has.

lilws6
05-04-2009, 10:34 PM
there in stock right now of course i dont' have any extra cash at the moment go figure

Graystone
05-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Yea i ordered a set a couple days ago now i cant wait for them to get here so I can put them in the bike

PureSound15
05-05-2009, 07:25 AM
Took a while to get mine - I think it was almost 2 weeks.

GTSLOW
05-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Does anyone know what kind I would use in the headlights on my GTO?

PureSound15
05-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Does anyone know what kind I would use in the headlights on my GTO?

h11 - Don't go any bluer than 500k especially with projectors. 20 minute install if that.

Do your fogs, too :shades

GTSLOW
05-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Which ones are white? I do not want blue or yellow headlights. Also any idea what bulb I would need for my GTO fogs?

GTSLOW
05-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Is this correct?

http://www.meccaone.org/images/hid-chart.jpg

Deggy
05-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Is this correct?

http://www.meccaone.org/images/hid-chart.jpg

Looks about right.:thumbsup

Nix
05-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I was also curious about these. I know my headlamps are the 9007 style I do believe, but what one would I use for my fog lamps? The car these would go on is a 2002 grand prix. Any help would be great!

Deggy
05-05-2009, 12:24 PM
I think GP's are H1....I think that's what mine are.

PureSound15
05-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Which ones are white? I do not want blue or yellow headlights. Also any idea what bulb I would need for my GTO fogs?

Looks like you need H10 for your fogs. 5000k is the whitest that DTM has for the bulbs and that's what you'll want.

yellow in the fogs is actually REALLY nice in the rain, but I don't think they carry them.

PureSound15
05-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I was also curious about these. I know my headlamps are the 9007 style I do believe, but what one would I use for my fog lamps? The car these would go on is a 2002 grand prix. Any help would be great!

They use the 9007 for the headlight bulb (get their high/low kit! I have it in the mustang and it works great).

Fogs are a 880

Deggy
05-05-2009, 02:14 PM
They use the 9007 for the headlight bulb (get their high/low kit! I have it in the mustang and it works great).

Fogs are a 880

The high/low kit I have in my car now is where the brights actually look like regular head light bulbs, they almost look like a real dim white. Are these kits like that? Because I ordered a High/Low.

PureSound15
05-05-2009, 02:50 PM
The high/low kit I have in my car now is where the brights actually look like regular head light bulbs, they almost look like a real dim white. Are these kits like that? Because I ordered a High/Low.

Hmm ... I'm not sure if I completely understand what you mean but: Their High/low kit uses a powered magnet to physically move the bulb inside the housing into the placement of the High Beam filament (So nothing changes but the optics).

Nix
05-05-2009, 03:03 PM

Fogs are a 880

Thanks a ton buddy! I think for sure I will go with the hi/low package seeing as its only like $20 more. :thumbsup

Deggy
05-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Hmm ... I'm not sure if I completely understand what you mean but: Their High/low kit uses a powered magnet to physically move the bulb inside the housing into the placement of the High Beam filament (So nothing changes but the optics).

I think for me to explain it best you would have to see it.

Maybe I'm just confusing myself. Getting the term mixed up.

GTSLOW
05-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Dam around 100 shipped to completely convert my car to HIDs now this is tempting!! Thanks alot for the help Ryan. One last thing anyone that's used these they are really a true plug and play thing? (minus mounting the ballasts)

Brian98GTP
05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I installed a set of 6K's on our '07 Envoy Denali and '01 SSEi. I ordered another set for the fogs on each vehicle, too.
The 6K's seem more like the 8K's in the picture above.
I wish I would have gotten the 5K's, because I wanted to stay away from the blue-ish color.
It still looks and performs sweet as hell.

It's pretty much a plug and play kit, however, I still had to do some slight modifications on my vehicles. The Denali, SSEi, and Camaro are all 9006 bulb types. With the 9006 application, I had to remove part of the wiring it came with, and also swap the wires on the vehicles headlamp wiring harness. The HID kit shows on the connector which wire needs to be the positive and negative wires on the actual harness. With both cars I hooked up, the wires were switched, so I had to push out the wires from the car's harness, and swap them. Make sense?

The only problem I had with the Denali is that the daytime running lights aren't very easily bypassed. I ended up buying the 'harness' they sell with the relay and battery connections to hopefully solve the issue. The problem with DRL's is that the vehicle only sends like half the power to the bulbs compared to having your normal headlights on. The HID's need more than that to function, so you run into problems where only one HID bulb will come on, or none at all. It just can't draw enough power to ignite.
So what the harness does, is it connects the HID kit directly to the battery and only uses the 'signal' of ON or OFF from the headlamp wires (or so I'm hoping :crying).
Ryan, can you shed some light on this problem? Is my thinking correct?

The SSEi was fine, though.... because it uses the high beam bulbs at half power for the DRL's. :thumbsup

I'm still debating whether or not to convert the SS to HID's. I think it would attract even MORE unwanted attention to it.

PureSound15
05-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Don't worry about them being a bit blue. All HID's colorshift; they change color over time and eventually settle into a shade that is slightly less blue than what they are out of the box. I do agree though, even my 5000k seem to have more blue tint than I expected (although hardly any blue) compared to my Acura which came with 4300k from the Factory.

You're right with the DRL and sending half the power and you're also correct with why that does not help the HID's function. The way that you set it up with the relay will work and basically tell the HID's to draw power from the battery - actually that's the way that 90% of HID kits have to be wired up because of the current draw (amps) that overloads stock wiring (not all, and mostly older stock wirimg)

There must be a way to turn off your DRLs - I certainly wouldn't want my HIDs on all the time. Although, I guess bulbs are cheaper now so it's not that big of a deal.

My 9007 were also switched. I had to switch the high and low in the 9007 harness.

Graystone
05-05-2009, 10:04 PM
I think I want to get a set for my silverado but i am worried that since I dont have projectors that they will blind other drivers. I already get flashed all the time

fly5150
05-05-2009, 10:06 PM
I installed a set of 6K's on our '07 Envoy Denali and '01 SSEi. I ordered another set for the fogs on each vehicle, too.
The 6K's seem more like the 8K's in the picture above.
I wish I would have gotten the 5K's, because I wanted to stay away from the blue-ish color.
It still looks and performs sweet as hell.

It's pretty much a plug and play kit, however, I still had to do some slight modifications on my vehicles. The Denali, SSEi, and Camaro are all 9006 bulb types. With the 9006 application, I had to remove part of the wiring it came with, and also swap the wires on the vehicles headlamp wiring harness. The HID kit shows on the connector which wire needs to be the positive and negative wires on the actual harness. With both cars I hooked up, the wires were switched, so I had to push out the wires from the car's harness, and swap them. Make sense?

The only problem I had with the Denali is that the daytime running lights aren't very easily bypassed. I ended up buying the 'harness' they sell with the relay and battery connections to hopefully solve the issue. The problem with DRL's is that the vehicle only sends like half the power to the bulbs compared to having your normal headlights on. The HID's need more than that to function, so you run into problems where only one HID bulb will come on, or none at all. It just can't draw enough power to ignite.
So what the harness does, is it connects the HID kit directly to the battery and only uses the 'signal' of ON or OFF from the headlamp wires (or so I'm hoping :crying).
Ryan, can you shed some light on this problem? Is my thinking correct?

The SSEi was fine, though.... because it uses the high beam bulbs at half power for the DRL's. :thumbsup

I'm still debating whether or not to convert the SS to HID's. I think it would attract even MORE unwanted attention to it.

I believe the wiring/BCM is that same as my 08 Trailblazer as Envoy=Trailblazer
You have to put a relay in under the rear seat to bypass the DRL's. I did it on my truck, super easy. Let me know if you wanna do this, I can give you a hand with it, or at least get you the instructions to do so.
-Dave

GTSLOW
05-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Is this a projector headlight?

http://media.automotive.com/izmo/pix_320/pontiac/gto/2006/2co/headlight.jpg

Notice the center one has a thick lense?

I don't want to blind other people either.

Brian98GTP
05-05-2009, 10:18 PM
I believe the wiring/BCM is that same as my 08 Trailblazer as Envoy=Trailblazer
You have to put a relay in under the rear seat to bypass the DRL's. I did it on my truck, super easy. Let me know if you wanna do this, I can give you a hand with it, or at least get you the instructions to do so.
-Dave

Dave, that'd be awesome! Please forward those instructions to me if you could.

I came across some shit on TrailVoy.com, but I'm pretty sure I'd lose the automatic headlight feature at nighttime with the method I did find.
Since this vehicle is Tasha's daily driver, I'd rather not part ways with that feature. It's been 2 days since I installed the HID kit, and she's already forgotten to turn the headlight switch to OFF a few times which also turns the DRL's off. So then she's been driving around town with only one light, half on... LOL
Thanks!

fly5150
05-05-2009, 11:06 PM

I came across some shit on TrailVoy.com, but I'm pretty sure I'd lose the automatic headlight feature at nighttime with the method I did find.
Since this vehicle is Tasha's daily driver, I'd rather not part ways with that feature. It's been 2 days since I installed the HID kit, and she's already forgotten to turn the headlight switch to OFF a few times which also turns the DRL's off. So then she's been driving around town with only one light, half on... LOL
Thanks!

on your truck, next to the headlight switch is there a small light that comes on when your headlights are acutally on? it wont be on when the DRL's are on, just when either the automatic lights come on or if you manually swith them on?

PureSound15
05-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Is this a projector headlight?

http://media.automotive.com/izmo/pix_320/pontiac/gto/2006/2co/headlight.jpg

Notice the center one has a thick lense?

I don't want to blind other people either.

Your GTO has projector headlights and foglights. Use a 5000k kit and you'll get that blue flicker that everyone wants.

fly5150
05-05-2009, 11:23 PM

Thanks!

here you go. as long as you have that indicator next to the switch this will work great.

Brian98GTP
05-06-2009, 06:27 AM
here you go. as long as you have that indicator next to the switch this will work great.

Yes, there is a little green indicator showing if the HEADLIGHTS are on, not DRL's.
I'll give this a try!!

Thanks!! :thumbsup

PureSound15
05-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Anyone install their kits yet other than me?

Still no problems with mine.

SLOWC5
05-11-2009, 01:30 PM
I've installed one set a month ago, another set is going into a car tonight, and we ordered another 5 sets :)

PureSound15
05-11-2009, 01:36 PM
I've installed one set a month ago, another set is going into a car tonight, and we ordered another 5 sets :)

Good idea - I should order a bunch just for future cars. I am still amazed at the quality of the kit for such little $$!

lasttimearound
05-11-2009, 04:28 PM
im still pissed, even with the canceler kits they dont work for dodge trucks.

PureSound15
05-11-2009, 04:44 PM
im still pissed, even with the canceler kits they dont work for dodge trucks.

Why not?

lasttimearound
05-11-2009, 05:36 PM
well, with the 9007 kit, it only plugs into one side, so it leaves one side unplugged, giving a lamp out light and just a slight strobing. So i called them, they sent me another kit to run one on each side so both headlight plugs are filled. still no joy. not sure whatelse to do. im going to try some resisters soon. any ideas?

PureSound15
05-11-2009, 05:49 PM
resistors will do the trick but I'll have to figure out how.

fly5150
05-11-2009, 06:17 PM
just bought 3 sets for $138. I cant wait. One for the beater civic, one for the motorcycle, and one for my brothers truck(he doesn't know it yet, but he will like it)
:)

Nix
05-11-2009, 07:01 PM
well, with the 9007 kit, it only plugs into one side, so it leaves one side unplugged, giving a lamp out light and just a slight strobing. So i called them, they sent me another kit to run one on each side so both headlight plugs are filled. still no joy. not sure whatelse to do. im going to try some resisters soon. any ideas?

i hope i dont have an issue with mine seeing as i also ordered the 9007 kit for my 02 grand prix. just my luck, blahhhh.

lasttimearound
05-11-2009, 08:45 PM
id you dont have a lamp out light on your cluster, or a limp home mode for your lights, your fine. its just dodge trying to make trucks for girls.

lasttimearound
05-11-2009, 08:52 PM
resistors will do the trick but I'll have to figure out how.

yeah, ive been putting some thought and some beer/whiskey into this, i need to figure our the resistance of a 9007 bulb. and then probably add that to both sides of the harness. this is frustrating. do you have dual hid kit for your car? (highs and lows?). if so, what happens when you unplug one bulb? does the light still work?

Nix
05-11-2009, 09:10 PM
id you dont have a lamp out light on your cluster, or a limp home mode for your lights, your fine. its just dodge trying to make trucks for girls.

nope, i dont have either. thanks for the heads up man.

PureSound15
05-12-2009, 06:52 AM
yeah, ive been putting some thought and some beer/whiskey into this, i need to figure our the resistance of a 9007 bulb. and then probably add that to both sides of the harness. this is frustrating. do you have dual hid kit for your car? (highs and lows?). if so, what happens when you unplug one bulb? does the light still work?

Mine works just fine :goof

I've never heard of the Dodge issue - so now I'm curious as to how to get around it. You'd think that if it were as simple as adding resistors.... they would have done that.

lasttimearound
05-12-2009, 07:06 AM
they sell these canceler kits, however it only works for one side, i think between the two cancelers on one harness they put enough resistance to trick the light, but that only covers one side of the lights, i still have an open socket.

SlowMotion
05-14-2009, 08:33 PM
I installed a set of 9006 HID's 5000k into a trailblazer ss and they don't work :( Did the DRL killer mod so they don't flicker, but when plugging them into the correct connections, they do not work. I am going to try the 880 fogs to see if they will work. Maybe its just something simple I am missing. I am going to try some advice from fly5150 and see if the connector going to the blub is pinned backwards...any thoughts?

lasttimearound
05-15-2009, 12:04 AM
well, one of my plugs was pinned wrong. dont feel bad, we had some over qualified people working on mine today, and we still didnt get them to work.

SlowMotion
05-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Both of my low beam 9006 HIDs were pinned incorrectly. I flipped over the harness and it worked like a charm. What a difference, and for $40 I will live with the screw up from the manufacturer.

Brian98GTP
05-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Both of my low beam 9006 HIDs were pinned incorrectly. I flipped over the harness and it worked like a charm. What a difference, and for $40 I will live with the screw up from the manufacturer.

Tim,
You should have read my post about my install on like page 3 or 4. I had the same problem... :thumbsup

CobaltSSTuner
05-17-2009, 08:42 PM
how about you guys post some pics of your new hids instead of talking about them lol :)

lasttimearound
05-17-2009, 08:58 PM
ok, these kits ive decided are a bit of a build your own affair. i got my fogs to work, but had to re pin the connectors since they did every single one wrong.

PureSound15
05-19-2009, 02:37 PM
I had to re-pin mine, too. I was thinking that your problems were more complicated than that. Sorry fellas I could have saved you some heartache.

Imagine my frustration when I pulled the pins out of the harness and though tat I swapped the pins. Of course I put them back in the same EFFING holes and couldn't figure out why it didn't work.

It's all good now. Amazing how well the low/high kit works.

lasttimearound
05-19-2009, 02:56 PM
the headlight issue is more complicated than switching pins. the fog lights are just tied into the parking lot relay so it doesnt throw the light or have a limp home mode for them. the headlights im going to be playing around with this weekend. reisistors will fix the issue. i just need to figure out the draw of a stock 9007 bulb.

CobaltSSTuner
06-15-2009, 09:07 AM
just wanted to get some feedback from you guys. Hows the brightness of these hids?

Anakonda69
07-13-2009, 09:58 AM
not sure if i wanna get these now. i really wanted to get headlights and fog hids but these kits seem to be a pain. anyone put them in a silverado yet? i also would be interested in seeing some pics of how bright they are.

GTSLOW
07-13-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm still super tempted to do these on the GTO.

MoCkiN U
07-13-2009, 11:52 AM
ryan you got a pm brotha.....

$170 for my car w/ high beams and headlights and fogs covered is stupid tempting

GTSLOW
07-13-2009, 02:25 PM
^ huh? :confused

PureSound15
07-13-2009, 02:30 PM
^ huh? :confused

Read : He PMd Me. He wants lights.

MoCkiN U
07-13-2009, 02:33 PM
they are even cheaper than the 170 I thought. Damn, just too good a price not to order so I did.

pOrk
07-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Ryan, I want lights too. You buying?

84hurst
07-15-2009, 11:36 AM
I want a set too, I just gotta figure out which one. I'm thinking the 35w 10000k kit. I've been reading through the posts and still have a couple questions. Since my drl's are a different bulb, the hid's wont affect them at all right? And, the auto on/off feature for the headlights also won't be affected? BTW, they will be going on my silverado.

SLOWC5
07-15-2009, 11:39 AM
I would recommend the 4300K not 10K. thats all nasty. Even the 4300K were more blueish than my denali HID's

PureSound15
07-15-2009, 11:44 AM
I would recommend the 4300K not 10K. thats all nasty. Even the 4300K were more blueish than my denali HID's

Werd QFT. If you do 10k I will personally maltov coctail your truck ... and you won't be able to see where the hell you're going if the pavement is wet with 10k. You will have to do some research to find out if your truck currently changes the voltage sent to the halogen bulbs for auto on/off. If that's the case - you'll have to find a way to disable it.

Jeff - the color should turn more white after they color-shift a bit.

GRNDNL
07-15-2009, 11:57 AM
I put the 5000K in my 2000 Silverado, they are very blue, if I did it again I would get the 4000K or the 3000K.

The auto light stuff works fine, when I put them in I had to flip the plugs to the light harness to make them work, I had to do the same with the harness for my plow lights also, I think thats just a GM truck quirk.......

PureSound15
07-15-2009, 11:58 AM
I put the 5000K in my 2000 Silverado, they are very blue, if I did it again I would get the 4000K or the 3000K.

The auto light stuff works fine, when I put them in I had to flip the plugs to the light harness to make them work, I had to do the same with the harness for my plow lights also, I think thats just a GM truck quirk.......

Do they have 4000k at DDM now? 3000k are actually bright yellow, but I agree that my 5000k are bluer than I'd prefer.

84hurst
07-15-2009, 12:00 PM
I want the bluish color to it. But maybe the 4500-5000k kit would be better. I'm kinda dumb when it comes to these kits, so any help is appreciated. I was using the pics that someone posted up to be my judge. I was talking to a friend of mine that did the install on his 99 silverado. He said that he had no probs with the install/function. The auto headlights worked fine, as did the drl's. He did say, though, that some GM's had issues with only one light coming on and either replacing the relay or just turning the lights off then on again.

GRNDNL
07-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Do they have 4000k at DDM now? 3000k are actually bright yellow, but I agree that my 5000k are bluer than I'd prefer.

Ya....I goofed, meant 4500K. I got a set of 4500Ks for the wifes Excursion, and the brights on my Silverado, haven't had time to install either of them, we'll have to see how they look.

I'd like to see the 3000K, I'd want to do my plow lights and need something that works good in the snow. I ASSuming yellow is better than blue for nasty weather?...........

GRNDNL
07-15-2009, 12:17 PM
I want the bluish color to it. But maybe the 4500-5000k kit would be better. I'm kinda dumb when it comes to these kits, so any help is appreciated. I was using the pics that someone posted up to be my judge. I was talking to a friend of mine that did the install on his 99 silverado. He said that he had no probs with the install/function. The auto headlights worked fine, as did the drl's. He did say, though, that some GM's had issues with only one light coming on and either replacing the relay or just turning the lights off then on again.

I'll try and get a picture of my truck for you. If your ever in Hartland you can stop by and take a look.

84hurst
07-15-2009, 12:50 PM
I'll try and get a picture of my truck for you. If your ever in Hartland you can stop by and take a look.

Thanks man! I appreciate it. :thumbsup I was just in hartland a couple of weeks ago too. :chair:

Anakonda69
07-15-2009, 02:14 PM
here is a 35w 5k in a silverado. i will be ordering some shortly.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277506&highlight=hid+kits

84hurst
07-15-2009, 02:25 PM
here is a 35w 5k in a silverado. i will be ordering some shortly.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277506&highlight=hid+kits

Must be a member to view pics.

GTSLOW
07-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Is the link still working for you guys?

SLOWC5
07-15-2009, 02:56 PM
We put 5000K of a different brand in out plow truck. Its an amazing difference. I'm taking the plow lights off this year as I never use them. With the plow "V'ed" you can see the truck lights and turns perfectly.

JEFF

Anakonda69
07-15-2009, 03:24 PM
so become a member. lol i will try and fix it later.

GTSLOW
07-15-2009, 05:22 PM
I ment the one to buy the HIDs :goof

GTSLOW
07-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Whats the difference?

$65:
http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=101&parent=60

$40:

Anakonda69
07-16-2009, 12:31 PM
anyone having issues with these? i just read a 30 page post on dieselplace and some guys had trouble with these kits with fogs not matching low beams and bulbs burning out. anyone here purchase recently and have any bad/good luck?

SLOWC5
07-16-2009, 12:37 PM
We have installed 5 sets, been using them for probably 5-6 months without one issue.. I will be buying more soon!!

GRNDNL
07-16-2009, 01:15 PM
I've had them in my truck and the inlaws GTO for the last 2-3 months, no problems so far.......Just got a set for the wifes Excursion......

Anakonda69
07-16-2009, 02:13 PM
screw it im gonna order some. low beams and fogs.

Nix
07-16-2009, 03:08 PM
I have a set in my grand prix and have had no issues. I do however need to find out why in the fuck my driver side headlight housing is bouncing all over the place. Its annoying when Im driving at night, I can only imagine how it must be for the person in front of me.

SlowMotion
07-16-2009, 07:18 PM
I ordered a set of 5000k lows and fogs and they unfortunately don't match. I think if I were to do it again, I would do the 5k lows and 6k fogs. The lights though have been working great.

84hurst
07-17-2009, 01:44 AM
I have a set in my grand prix and have had no issues. I do however need to find out why in the fuck my driver side headlight housing is bouncing all over the place. Its annoying when Im driving at night, I can only imagine how it must be for the person in front of me.

My bros 97 gtp did the same thing. I don't think it has anything to do with aftermarket headlights though. Maybe a shim? Or make sure all your mounting bolts are tight.

84hurst
07-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Whats the difference?

$65:
http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=101&parent=60

$40:

1yr warranty vs lifetime

84hurst
07-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Well, I ordered a set last friday and just got them in the mail today. I took your BCM's advice and didn't go with the 10k's I was considering. I went with the 5k 35w set. The install took less than 30 min, including swapping two of the terminals from + to -, which I was kinda expecting. I haven't tried them in the night yet but I will tonight. I will post my results!

Anakonda69
07-27-2009, 12:23 PM
any results? i am waiting to hear so i can order mine.

84hurst
07-27-2009, 09:26 PM
any results? i am waiting to hear so i can order mine.

So far so good. I love the look of them, the ease of install and the brightness. It was just what I was looking for. Definately worth the $72 shipped. I have a couple friends of mine that are gonna be ordering them soon too.

MoCkiN U
07-27-2009, 10:08 PM
still freakin waiting on mine to arrive. I ordered mine before 84hurst and tracking says they will finally be here tomorrow but wont go in till car comes back

84hurst
07-28-2009, 12:12 AM
still freakin waiting on mine to arrive. I ordered mine before 84hurst and tracking says they will finally be here tomorrow but wont go in till car comes back

Wow, if you ordered your's before me I wouldve thought you wouldv'e gotten them a while ago. I ordered mine about 1 1/2 weeks ago and got them last friday. Shipping was actually pretty fast. Maybe the ones you ordered were slow on delivery for some reason??? High demand maybe???

MoCkiN U
07-28-2009, 11:15 AM
july 13th I ordered them. I guess the bulbs were on backorder for the H10s or thats what they said anyway. Dunno. They will be here today finally according to tracking #s. I need those for the roush fogs.

PureSound15
07-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Mine took forever and a day to get. Slow shipping is definitely worth the cost, though.

MoCkiN U
07-28-2009, 11:34 AM
^word

MoCkiN U
07-28-2009, 11:40 PM
please tell me those plastic rings around those 9007 bulbs arent needed......They both came to me broken. If thats the case I am so freakin pissed it aint funny

waited forever. Fine price is great and off I go but the box came in all wrinkled, one of the bulbs was sealed with tape the other was not and of course that one has a crack in it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/0728092337.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/0728092337a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/0728092338.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/0728092330.jpg

crack is at 9:00 position on bulb on the right

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/0728092327.jpg

crack is at 12:00 position on bulb on the right

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/0728092327a.jpg

MoCkiN U
07-29-2009, 12:22 AM
This cant be right??

This is the HI/LO controller. I have power, ground, two bulb connectors, in line fuse.......then what are those 3 bare connectors? is there supposed to be a clip of some kind there or am I just making a big deal over nothing?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/0729090003a.jpg

84hurst
07-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Something definately doesn't sound right. The plastic ring is nothing, it only holds the bulb cover during shipment. I didn't get the hi/low kit but I would think there would be some plug and play connector to go straight from the low to the high beam. Mine didn't come with any instructions though either...

MoCkiN U
07-29-2009, 12:50 AM
I gotta think it holds the bulb in the housing right? I might be wrong on that but looking at the bulb nothing else would hold it in place otherwise or am I way off as mine doesnt have instructions in it either.

P.S. Each of my connectors that will connect to my existing system are bare wires like that with those metal clips on the end. I guess mine will be a hard wired system LOL.

Even my HIDs have bare wires on each side. Oh well hopefully they go in ok

84hurst
07-29-2009, 01:52 AM
I gotta think it holds the bulb in the housing right? I might be wrong on that but looking at the bulb nothing else would hold it in place otherwise or am I way off as mine doesnt have instructions in it either.

P.S. Each of my connectors that will connect to my existing system are bare wires like that with those metal clips on the end. I guess mine will be a hard wired system LOL.

Even my HIDs have bare wires on each side. Oh well hopefully they go in ok

I will try and take some pics of my setup tomorrow if I get a chance. Not sure if that will help you but i'll do it anyways. We'll figure it out.

MoCkiN U
07-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Talked to Ryan. The damned bulb is magnetic on the back of my style. They come apart and the plastic ring slides off and the factory mounting clip goes on and click....they go back together.

The rest is stupid stupid easy fixes considering the prices

PureSound15
07-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Those bare wires look like what should be attached to a blue male connector. That male connector is then attached to the femal headlight socket from either side of your vehicles headlight system.

It doesn't look like you have the blue connection cup?

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/puresound15/Kelley.jpg

The clear casing thats cracked is garbage anyway - just for shipping. You won't need either pieces.

PureSound15
07-29-2009, 03:31 PM
You could hardwire it very easily - We have the same car so I can tell you what is connected to what through the harness.

MoCkiN U
07-29-2009, 03:56 PM
In case that part doesnt work bro let me know what its connected to so I can hard wire it brotha

MoCkiN U
07-31-2009, 11:59 AM
OKAY!

All done peeps. I am extremely happy with the kit. I did have issues but they were all user caused. Well, one wasnt I had to swap a few wires around in the harness which is stupid easy....and of course I did that wrong LOL but I got it all in and working.

Could easily do it in 30 minutes probably now to someone else car since I know exactly what is what.

THX to 84Hurst and Ryan cause they were really, really, helpful

Here is a picture of the lens from shippment with protection still on the bulb

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/0728092327.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/0728092330.jpg

Harness (no picture of HI/LO controller harness)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/0729090003a.jpg

Crappy cell phone picture. They are 5000K color will try to get better pics later

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/IMG00214-20090730-2042.jpg

Anakonda69
07-31-2009, 02:14 PM
Damn i need to order mine.

MoCkiN U
09-16-2009, 11:00 PM
I dont pretend to be a good picture taker so be easy on me there. Truth be told I dont know crap about taking pictures in the dark....

Its time someone put pics of the things in a car tho

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/MACH%201/IMG_1051.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/MACH%201/IMG_1045.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/MACH%201/IMG_1036.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/MACH%201/IMG_1049.jpg

xxtremeteam
09-16-2009, 11:04 PM
wow looks good i need to do my stang and fusion soon

MoCkiN U
09-16-2009, 11:14 PM
thats not brights. Thats just headlights and fogs. I should have taken one with the fogs off. damn

Yooformula
09-16-2009, 11:59 PM
I just bought mine for our truck. Hoping to blind mofos that cut me off..lol

Ricky Bobby
09-17-2009, 02:52 PM
do u need anything else to do a 03 trailblazer with daytime running lights want put them in to help the wife at night, just the kit or what i dont want to screw these up lol

MoCkiN U
09-17-2009, 05:31 PM
PM Ryan on that one

lilws6
09-22-2009, 08:52 AM
just ordered a set for the busa. just the highbeam for now cuz that has a projector in it.

Yooformula
09-22-2009, 05:11 PM
does take awhile for them to ship though. Mine just got processed today.

GRAMPS SS
09-22-2009, 11:37 PM
maybe i should put them on the QUEER...they make a kit for it.?..Sean needs plenty of light on the roads at night...:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

Yooformula
09-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Wayne, will Sean need that red exotic back to use for his first car? Chase has been keeping it clean and we could mount some HIDs in the front end for him!

Anyone have any problems with their HIDs yet? On some of the truck forums I am on, alot of people have had issues(electrical issues with voltage drops, ses lights, etc) with HIDs from DDMTuning.

MoCkiN U
09-23-2009, 12:55 AM
got some guys on the mach1registry to buy them and the first guy to order got his in and the ballast was bad. They sent him a new one but only after getting the bad one back first so it took about 2 weeks. no issues for him since

GRAMPS SS
09-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Wayne, will Sean need that red exotic back to use for his first car? Chase has been keeping it clean and we could mount some HIDs in the front end for him!

Anyone have any problems with their HIDs yet? On some of the truck forums I am on, alot of people have had issues(electrical issues with voltage drops, ses lights, etc) with HIDs from DDMTuning.

no...he has the Queer now...i'm looking into a LINCOLN AVIATOR :thumbsup

73MACH
09-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Can anybody tell me what I would all need to order for a 95 cobra, headlights and foglights please. What power bulbs, or if I need something they don;t show?? I don't know crap about this stuff.

Any help is much appreciated>

Thanks

MoCkiN U
09-24-2009, 06:06 AM
check this link below

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bulbid.html

I am thiking that you have the 9007 bulbs but will be easy to check if you pop one out real quick unless you recognize it right away as being the one. If thats so you will need the 9007 HID kit in your choice of color with a hi/lo controller (if you want) and then the 880 HID kit for your fogs cause I am pretty sure your bulbs are the 893 replacements in your fog lights according to the same americanmuscle.com site I posted already

That comes out to $104 plus shipping +tax

PureSound15
09-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Uber Cheap!

Mine work great. No complaints.

73MACH
09-25-2009, 02:11 AM
check this link below

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bulbid.html

I am thiking that you have the 9007 bulbs but will be easy to check if you pop one out real quick unless you recognize it right away as being the one. If thats so you will need the 9007 HID kit in your choice of color with a hi/lo controller (if you want) and then the 880 HID kit for your fogs cause I am pretty sure your bulbs are the 893 replacements in your fog lights according to the same americanmuscle.com site I posted already

That comes out to $104 plus shipping +tax

Thanks Mockin u!!! Can I use any fixture? I need new headlight fixtures themselves so before I buy any random one, just want to make sure they will work!

Thanks again

MoCkiN U
09-25-2009, 05:51 AM
as long as they are factory replacements they will have the same holes to mount any normal halogen bulb into and these will be the same. The hid bulb has the exact mounting hardware the factory bulb has, it only adds the hid lamp where the halogen one was so there wont be any issue. Just be sure to get the 35 watt kit to avoid melting or turning your new lamps yellow

theavenger333
09-25-2009, 09:35 AM
'nuff said!

Uber Cheap!

Mine work great. No complaints.

73MACH
09-25-2009, 02:07 PM
as long as they are factory replacements they will have the same holes to mount any normal halogen bulb into and these will be the same. The hid bulb has the exact mounting hardware the factory bulb has, it only adds the hid lamp where the halogen one was so there wont be any issue. Just be sure to get the 35 watt kit to avoid melting or turning your new lamps yellow

Thanks for the time and advice!!! I'll be ordering these soon.

lilws6
09-26-2009, 10:08 PM
UPS says mine will be here monday!

Yooformula
09-26-2009, 10:36 PM
UPS says mine will be here monday!

finally! mine too, took forever but I think they wait until they can ship out a large order all at once.

lilws6
09-27-2009, 07:56 AM
i ordered mine on sep. 22 at about 8:50. They completed my order sep. 22 about 4:50 and i had the tracking number bout 6:20 that night as well? I dunno and i don't car how there shit works i just care when i get them lol.

letsrunem
09-28-2009, 01:19 AM
I got mine pretty quick, they work well too.

00SoSlow
09-28-2009, 02:25 AM
took 4 business days to get mine... they are perfect!

Yooformula
09-28-2009, 03:41 AM
mine are at 2 weeks not including the 5 days i got no response AFTER paying.

pOrk
09-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Got mine today, ordered them mid last week so 4 buisness days. Not bad :)

Yooformula
09-28-2009, 01:48 PM
ups man just dropped mine off! nice!

lilws6
09-28-2009, 08:53 PM
just got home to look at mine everything looks like its in one piece. Now my question is what to i need to do to make these work. I noticed there connected to each other. Can i unplug them and they will work seperately? I only need one for my high beam in the busa. I'm all sorts of new to this H.I.D. thing

PureSound15
09-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Way too hard to explain with that picture. Un-wrap everything and spread it out for a picture. I'll highlight he wires and what you need to do with them.

I'd venture to say that you're fucked. Maybe.

I'm kidding. post the picture.

lilws6
09-29-2009, 06:33 PM
to make thing simpler for you and I. I grouped one whole set since this is all i'll be using this should be spread out enough. I'de be guessing its all plug and play but i thought i heard there were wires that had to be switched?
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/lilws6/DSC01542.jpg

Yooformula
09-29-2009, 07:12 PM
I just hooked mine up, took all of 30 min including taking apart the lense cover and removing the reflector inside of it. their instructions sucked but it was sooo easy to hook up.
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/albums/album03/IMG_0129.sized.jpg

lilws6
09-29-2009, 07:41 PM
i'll be doing mine tomarow granted i can get the bike apart with out fugin something up

lilws6
09-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Mine are in i just gata wait for night to see how they do. Plug and play!

pOrk
10-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Mine are friggen yellow. WTF

They are bright, just yellow. This isn't an Acura...

GTSLOW
10-19-2009, 06:45 PM
:rolf Yellow? ? WTF rating did you get?

Yooformula
10-19-2009, 06:47 PM
what temp did you get Eric? are these fogs or headlights?

pOrk
10-20-2009, 07:25 AM
H4's bulbs and I was told 4500 was as white as they go, so thats what I ordered. These bastards are YELLOWWWWW

PureSound15
10-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Strange - 4500 is a factory white, legal bulb - 3000k is where they go yellow.

fly5150
10-20-2009, 10:20 AM
I got the 5000k and they are perfect. just a slight tint of blue. Look factory.
4500k should not look yellow. are you sure they are the right bulbs? Mixup possibly.

Yooformula
10-20-2009, 12:55 PM
i have read online about their mixup issues, send em back Eric!

lilws6
10-20-2009, 04:42 PM
I finally rode the busa with the h.i.d. in last night and i had to do adj. here and there until i didn't blind people nor point it at the ground. Its in the projector housing of the headlight but i've been told for some reason they put the cutoff on the bottom? wierd i guess but it wasn't designed for h.i.d. bulbs i guess. Any way the 8000k look awsome and the street signs reflect it back for i swear a mile. and the white signs like to cange colors as i come up on them. i think once i get a new DD its getting hid's fo sho. These are cheap and amazing. I vote best bang for your buck bulbs!

PureSound15
10-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Hmmm definitely very strange that the cutoff would be at the bottom - even with a motorcycle light being meant to catch attention and be safer, it's strange.

subliminal1284
10-21-2009, 12:58 AM
Lets get some night time shots of these lights!

That_Guy
10-21-2009, 07:01 AM
im waiting on finding out of my cobalt is totaled... i have a set of h1's i got in the mail a week ago but if they decided to fix my car im going to sell them because im going back to stock headlights.

PureSound15
10-21-2009, 08:08 AM
Lets get some night time shots of these lights!

Install on page 1 - night shots on page 2

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37856

lilws6
10-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Hmmm definitely very strange that the cutoff would be at the bottom - even with a motorcycle light being meant to catch attention and be safer, it's strange.

yea i know but there was a guy who pulled the whole assembly apart and flipped it. it looked better but i'll leave mine where its at it lights up enough and doesn't seem to be bothering any one. But yea you can clearly see the cut off on the ground it boggles me too.

PureSound15
10-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Are you sure the projector isn't the high beam?

lilws6
10-25-2009, 12:26 AM
it used to be the high beam i flipped 2 wires from the switch now the lights work the exact oposite. would that be why the cut off is backward? cuz its the high beam?

PureSound15
10-25-2009, 01:22 AM
Yes - the cutoff is upside down because it was the high beam - focusing light up and ahead rather than the road in front of you.

That_Guy
11-02-2009, 09:17 AM
just ordered a set of 9007 hi/low beams in 6k pretty excited because i finally got a set of stock housings to put them in

That_Guy
11-02-2009, 09:19 AM
im waiting on finding out of my cobalt is totaled... i have a set of h1's i got in the mail a week ago but if they decided to fix my car im going to sell them because im going back to stock headlights.

btw i have a set of these for sale.. 30 bucks...

lilws6
11-02-2009, 10:48 AM
what size are the ones you have?

twirkin50
11-18-2009, 12:25 PM
The link is now for a new kit and the price is lower as well.

Yooformula
11-18-2009, 12:48 PM
The link is now for a new kit and the price is lower as well.

yup and a bigger ballast now. guess they were tired of the complaints of failures and upgraded. nice to have a lifetime warranty too, that kicks ass!

Anakonda69
11-18-2009, 01:34 PM
i need to order mine soon.

twirkin50
11-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Just ordered another set!!

Anakonda69
12-03-2009, 07:39 PM
ordered my kits today. lows and fogs. got 5000k. can't wait to get them.

GTSLOW
12-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Looks like you can get a set of 55Ws for 39.99 now!!! They dropped $10 off the price since they sold out of 35Ws!

Anakonda69
12-11-2009, 12:03 PM
wonder if mine will be 55w then. i order 3 sets of 35w 5k's last week.

srt4eh
03-30-2010, 03:33 PM
so...bringing this thread back to life a little....everyone still enjoying their HIDs? I plan on making an order right now for some 9007 hi/low bulbs and some 880s for my fogs :)

PureSound15
03-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Just installed a set of these in Joe's G6 - 4300k looks PERFECT! I wish they would have had it back when I ordered (they only had 5000k).

MoCkiN U
03-30-2010, 04:13 PM
stang is doing great with them. Buick has zero issues although it is kinda a tall vehicle to put them in. Feel sorry for peeps if I get too close to them. The bike has no issues also. Great products

srt4eh
03-30-2010, 04:26 PM
ordered...now we wait :)

88Nightmare
03-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Just installed a set of these in Joe's G6 - 4300k looks PERFECT! I wish they would have had it back when I ordered (they only had 5000k).

Junky Giorgio had mentioned to me that there is almost literally no difference between 4300k and 5000k when it comes to HID's. Sounded legit considering he sells kits :thumbsup

PureSound15
03-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Junky Giorgio had mentioned to me that there is almost literally no difference between 4300k and 5000k when it comes to HID's. Sounded legit considering he sells kits :thumbsup

Definitely a huge difference side by side. There's a VERY noticeable blue tinge to my Cobra when next to my Acura (4300k factory) and Joe's G6 (4300k DDM kit).

Enough of a difference that I just ordered the 4300k bulbs.

Josepy
03-31-2010, 03:57 PM
This kit works great on the wifes car.

88Nightmare
03-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Definitely a huge difference side by side. There's a VERY noticeable blue tinge to my Cobra when next to my Acura (4300k factory) and Joe's G6 (4300k DDM kit).

Enough of a difference that I just ordered the 4300k bulbs.

hmm. I had also heard from others that the same temp kit from one mfgr can differ from another in the same temp as far as color.

I forget what the temp is on the kit in the TBSS, but it is pure white. I got it a few years ago from Junky and still works great.

I'm willing to bet the factory HID's in your Acura are of higher quality then these $40 kits, but hey... for the price... you can't beat it. I want to order up a few kits soon.

GTSLOW
03-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Joe the 4300's look perfectly white?

Josepy
04-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Joe the 4300's look perfectly white?

Yes with a very very slight tinge of blue. For the most part white. Wife loves them. I am going to get them for the TA but I need special housings first.

86GUTLASS
04-02-2010, 10:12 AM
I just ordered a set.The price seemed way too cheap.25.00 bucks.lol

88Nightmare
04-06-2010, 10:29 AM
so the hid kits for sale linked in this thread... are they plug and play, or do you have to do some hard wiring?

PureSound15
04-06-2010, 11:57 AM
so the hid kits for sale linked in this thread... are they plug and play, or do you have to do some hard wiring?

Depends on the vehicle. On older vehicles, I'd definitely use a relay harness to make up for the halogen spec wiring.

Some newer cars (or cars that may have had HID headlights as an option) already have HD wiring can handle it.

Everything I've used them on so far was plug and play :thumbsup

PureSound15
04-07-2010, 02:51 PM
I have to say that I have never had any problems with the power draw on any car only because of exactly what you said. There's some stories of fuses needing to be upped 5 amps or so because of the turn on - but I have never personally had that issue.

88Nightmare
04-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Well my kits are on order. I'll let ya know how it turns out

GTSLOW
04-07-2010, 11:35 PM
if you do this funny thing called reading....... like on their site.. they detail what you may or may not need. i know, it's crazy

Where have you been?!?! :wooo

srt4eh
04-11-2010, 07:21 PM
just got half of my order....only got my fogs....look nice so far...tomorrow I'll install

srt4eh
04-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Installed my headlights and cleaned up the fog light wiring. They look sexy....just gotta wait until night to see the light output.

lilws6
05-03-2010, 10:48 PM
my bikes still good with the one i got in there i think i got the 8000k one tho i like the color and light out put i may be wrong but its sexy :) i wana see some pics of the 4300's maybe i'll get some for my next dd

PureSound15
05-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Ordered new bulbs for the Moosetang fogs a week ago and haven't received a shipping notice yet :(

MoCkiN U
05-06-2010, 05:17 PM
did you log in and check your order status and see if might be there Ryan?

p.s. those fogs tend to blind the fock out of people. I always get flashed when they are on

PureSound15
05-07-2010, 08:46 AM
did you log in and check your order status and see if might be there Ryan?

p.s. those fogs tend to blind the fock out of people. I always get flashed when they are on

I logged in - it says that it was plaed but nothing shipped yet.

Did you adjust your fogs? I aimed mine so far down that the actual cutoff is about a foot off the ground - it worked well and I've never been flashed. I still can't believe how little glare there is from the stock reflector headlight housing.

MoCkiN U
05-07-2010, 10:22 AM
gotta check that out. those roush fogs are just open so dunno.

i do agree on our headlights tho. very little glare

PureSound15
05-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Got an email today saying they're out of stock and they hope to ship them within the next 2 weeks. Dumb :(

GTSLOW
05-07-2010, 05:06 PM
That blows!!!!

PureSound15
05-07-2010, 06:37 PM
I agree. I wouldn't have ordered through there had I known they were on backorder. I might as well wait though.

srt4eh
05-07-2010, 08:56 PM
I'm a fan on facebook and they posted today saying:

"Our latest bulb shipment will be in our warehouse on Monday, all backordered HID kits that were waiting on bulbs will resume shipping late Monday afternoon! When your order ships you will receive tracking numbers via email.. sorry again for the delay!"

PureSound15
05-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Good to know! Thanks man.

SlowMotion
06-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Anyone else have both HID low beams go out at the same time in the ddmtuning kit? They seemed to not fully ignite from time to time, now neither works. :flipoff2:

PureSound15
06-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Haven't had any problems with mine thus far

Josepy
06-25-2010, 03:22 PM
mine have been perfect. once i had one take about 20 seconds to get going.

SLOWC5
06-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Anyone else have both HID low beams go out at the same time in the ddmtuning kit? They seemed to not fully ignite from time to time, now neither works. :flipoff2:

Tim,

I have some new ballasts at the shop if you need something right now

Jeff

SlowMotion
06-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Tim,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I am not sure if that is what is wrong or not. Anyone know if I can run the bulb directly to the battery to test if it works with direct power? If that works, then the wiring harness/ballast combos probably took a crap.

SlowMotion
06-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Tim,

Jeff

Holy triple post!!!! I will check and see if the bulbs work with direct power and if that is the case I will shoot you a pm about the ballast.

Yooformula
06-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Thanks Jeff, I am not sure if that is what is wrong or not. Anyone know if I can run the bulb directly to the battery to test if it works with direct power? If that works, then the wiring harness/ballast combos probably took a crap.

not too sure that is a good idea. email them to see if warranty will cover it.

PureSound15
06-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Connecting the bulb to the battery will not work

HITMAN
06-26-2010, 02:54 AM
Connecting the bulb to the battery will not work

Yeah, 12 volts isn't NEAR enough to start and run a HID bulb. I think starting voltages are near 10K volts and running voltages are in the hundreds.

SlowMotion
06-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Thanks guys, I submitted a warranty claim to DDM, we shall see what they say about it. I can run my stock bulbs and bypass the HID wiring for the time being

lilws6
06-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Wierd my 8000k's kicking in my bike still. i thought with all the bouncing it might kill the ballast. but its good so far knock on wood. i got a back up tho since the bike only needs one bulb.

SlowMotion
07-03-2010, 07:25 PM
I orderd up a set of the 55W 8000k HIDs. They have heavier duty ballasts and went in nice and easy. I switched from the 35W kits with 6000k to 55W 8000k and the light output is super bright white. Perfect for what I am looking for. Thanks again for the input. I am sending the 35w faulty units back for warranty work and will find out exactly what is was.

lilws6
07-07-2010, 07:13 PM
knew i shouldn't have said anythign mine staretd acting up on me the other night over bumps it would cut out a little then randomly it would cut out and was an anoying ride home of all things. i'm gana check the wiring some time this week tho but if all else fails i got a back up. since i ordered a set for a car and got two bulbs and ballasts

theavenger333
07-07-2010, 07:31 PM
i've ordered 6 kits now, 2 kits had problems. on one a bulb went out, and another one ballast went. i got them replaced in less then a week. one of them in my car now doesn't come on immediatly every time. usually takes 15 or so seconds, it happens like once a week.

CobaltSSTuner
07-07-2010, 09:10 PM
I just ordered 3 sets. 55w 10000k, 2 sets of 3500k

PureSound15
07-07-2010, 09:34 PM
55w 10000k

:stare:stare

http://image.eurotuner.com/f/prokgawlak/9899708+w450+h338+cr0+re1+ar1/2001-bmw-3-series-my-325i-10000k-hid.jpg
:crying

Yooformula
07-07-2010, 10:59 PM
I just ordered 3 sets. 55w 10000k, 2 sets of 3500k

sorry but 10,000k is GAY. thats a purple look that REALLY blinds people and gives you no added light besides a GAY purple haze. If anything, I think at that temp you lose light. better off running some rope neon lights around your bumper if all you want is to stand out.

THIS is 10000k...GAY \/
http://luminexhid.com/gallery/10000k/10000k_5.jpg
http://www.ottogz.com/pic/color/10000k.jpg

wrath
07-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Technically, HID in a non-HID headlamp assembly is gay.

CobaltSSTuner
07-08-2010, 08:47 AM
I ordered 10000k because they are 55 watts. When using 55w they say that the color tends to wash/flush out because it's brighter, so if I went with 8000k 55w it's going to have the color of 6000k. By going with the 10000k it will have more of a 8000k color. Also, these are going in actual projectors as well, and not in my car, in my gfs lol.

Yooformula
07-08-2010, 10:51 AM
they wash out a LITTLE not an entire color shade. the pics I posted were of 55w ballasts too! wrath, everything you post is gay.lol