PDA

View Full Version : '10 Camaro vs '10 Mustang GT vs '09 Challenger R/T

RanJer
03-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Popular Mechanics mag's review..

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4309423.html?nav=hpPrint

Voodoo Chick
03-29-2009, 01:51 AM
The Challenger is the prettiest, that Camaro (although hideous, lol) seems to really perform impressively. The Mustang.......meh.

TURTLE
03-29-2009, 08:31 AM
just out of curiosity, and this isn't because of the whole mopar thing...

why did they take the ss maro, and then the 2 lesser(not top) mustang and challenger... i believe the SRT and the Shelby(not the GT500) would have put up a better fight to the SS maro's numbers than the 2 cars they had there...

Poncho
03-29-2009, 08:48 AM
price range. all three cars cost basically the same.

Karps TA
03-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Key info of the article

"But this test was unlike most of our comparisons. It was a logistical puzzle that involved testing a Camaro SS in Detroit and running numbers on the Mustang GT and Challenger R/T in California. Timing was so tight, and the Camaro SS was in such high demand, we had less than three short hours to gather all three manual transmission cars together in the same place at the same time. So we were unable to compare the real-world fuel economy of the three or perform our usual handling tests."

So it's not like they had the same driver on the same courses testing all 3 cars.

Exitspeed
03-29-2009, 09:49 AM
The Challenger is the prettiest, that Camaro (although hideous, lol) seems to really perform impressively. The Mustang.......meh.

I think the exact opposite. I can't stand the Monster Truck size of the Challenger. I don't doubt the Camaro will win almost all comparo's in the future.

Voodoo Chick
03-29-2009, 11:43 AM
I think the exact opposite. I can't stand the Monster Truck size of the Challenger. I don't doubt the Camaro will win almost all comparo's in the future.

See, I don't like modern cars at all, so I'm trying to be a bit more tolerant, lol...........I like a car to be BIG, and really have a "presense," like, impossible to ignore. To me, the new ones perform just fine, but they just don't have that persona the old ones have, so the Challenger, being the longest, appears most attractive to me. But....even at that, it's still too small......