PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Max tastes good

07ROUSHSTG3
03-25-2009, 11:18 AM
just thought I would pass this along. I am addicted to Pepsi. Love it. warm, cold, fresh, flat, doesn't matter I drink the stuff like water. problem is, I am fat. i am fat and I need to cut back on my soda intake. so i see the commercial for pepsi max. you know the one with the guys taking all those hits and standing up and saying "i'm good". expecting it to taste like diet pepsi, which i cannot stand, my expectations were low. been drinking the stuff for a couple days now and it is awesome. tastes like pepsi.

that is all.

Prince Valiant
03-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Vault zero is the same way...can't tell it from the real deal.

animal
03-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Isn't there pepsi max and diet pepsi max though? Do you have the diet one? They look real close to each other.

I, too, am a pepsi nut. I could pour it on cereal.

07ROUSHSTG3
03-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Isn't there pepsi max and diet pepsi max though? Do you have the diet one?

I have the regular pepsi max. the diet stuff has the ginseng and extra caffeine. the regular max is in a black can/bottle.

Karps TA
03-25-2009, 11:43 AM
I like diet Pepsi Max, and Coke Zero. Both are pretty decent. I don't see the energy boost, but rarely do I feel effected by any energy drink.

I used to hate diet soda and never thought I'd be able to switch to it. But it's been a year now, and you do get used to the taste. You figure 180-195 calories a soda and how many you drink in a week, and it's easy to see where you can cut that by switiching to diet. At first the best thing about drinking diet for me, was that I disliked it so much that 1 can was more then enough for me for the day.

07ROUSHSTG3
03-25-2009, 11:45 AM
I like diet Pepsi Max, and Coke Zero. Both are pretty decent. I don't see the energy boost, but rarely do I feel effected by any energy drink.

I used to hate diet soda and never thought I'd be able to switch to it. But it's been a year now, and you do get used to the taste. You figure 180-195 calories a soda and how many you drink in a week, and it's easy to see where you can cut that by switiching to diet. At first the best thing about drinking diet for me, was that I disliked it so much that 1 can was more then enough for me for the day.

the wife is thrilled. she got me to drink diet soda after 8 years of riding my ass :rolf.

Karps TA
03-25-2009, 11:47 AM
the wife is thrilled. she got me to drink diet soda after 8 years of riding my ass :rolf.

Jeeze hwo big did your ass get? Did she need a saddle?:rolf

animal
03-25-2009, 11:49 AM
I have the regular pepsi max. the diet stuff has the ginseng and extra caffeine. the regular max is in a black can/bottle.

I know the diet has that other shit. But the regular pepsi max still has sugar in it, doesn't it? If it does, then why not just stick to the O.G. pepsi that you know and love?

British_Ben
03-25-2009, 11:50 AM

Aspartame, the artificial sweetener in diet sodas is pretty toxic shit. It contains methanol. Tell your wife that, then maybe you can go back to the regular soda. :thumbsup

Prince Valiant
There was a study done on mice about diet soda...gave one group unlimited access to regular soda and food, and the experimental group got unlimited access to diet soda and food.

The diet soda group gained more weight. Why? They weren't sure...they believed that something in the diet soda promoted greater hunger, or that it didn't help trigger the portion of the brain that registers "satisfied"; either way, the mice ate to make up for the shortfall, and then some.

No one is certain if this occurs to humans, testing is going on now....

animal
TBH, I ended up liking diet more than the regular after a few months... it doesn't leave that sour sugar aftertaste in your mouth for hours after.

IMO diet mt dew red ftw.

07ROUSHSTG3
03-25-2009, 12:07 PM
the regular max is sugar free.

and yeah, about the sweetner, it is pretty bad for you too. my goal will be to use this pepsi max as a way to eventually stop drinking soda all together. i found kool-aid singles are in the stores now, so I loaded up on them too. i too am a kool aid addict also. gotta get in better shape, I want to quit smoking and I know I will gain weight from that too.

Nix
03-25-2009, 12:12 PM
I want to quit smoking and I know I will gain weight from that too.

When I quit smoking, I gained about 35-40lbs in the first year :durr. Beware and good luck to you! However I needed to gain it.

07ROUSHSTG3
03-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Jeeze hwo big did your ass get? Did she need a saddle?:rolf

no saddle needed :rolf........yet. i expect to gain weight once i give up smoking. the last time i quit for a few months i gained. so i hope that if i cur back on soda, or at least drink this pepsi max, and watch what i eat more, it will even out. we will see. i am not going to pay over $6 for a pack of smokes, I have had enough. almost $200 a month to kill myself :rolleyes:. how stupid.

07ROUSHSTG3
03-25-2009, 12:14 PM
When I quit smoking, I gained about 35-40lbs in the first year :durr. Beware and good luck to you! However I needed to gain it.

40 lbs! ouch. i cannot gain that much, i will be a blimp. :wooo

Nix
03-25-2009, 12:17 PM
40 lbs! ouch. i cannot gain that much, i will be a blimp. :wooo

Everyone is different though. I really didn't change my diet either. I just quit smoking and that was all. Then the weight came on like like crazy. Like I said I needed to gain it and I guess my matabolism (sp?) really slowed down or something happened. I've leveled out though.

I saw that they are raising smokes again on April 1st? Unreal, how much does a pack of Marbs cost now?

07ROUSHSTG3
03-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Everyone is different though. I really didn't change my diet either. I just quit smoking and that was all. Then the weight came on like like crazy. Like I said I needed to gain it and I guess my matabolism (sp?) really slowed down or something happened. I've leveled out though.

I saw that they are raising smokes again on April 1st? Unreal, how much does a pack of Marbs cost now?

i paid $6.11 including tax last week in Lomira for a hard pack of Marlbro Lights. I think they are already charging the April 1st price here. If not they will be almost 7 a pack. :wooo i average at least a pack a day when I figure in the weekends. way too much money.

Voodoo Chick
03-25-2009, 12:28 PM
There's one of the diet Pepsi's sweetened with splenda....I like that....But I like RC cola the best....I'd drink it 'til I burst, but I really like being small, so I can't.

letsrunem
03-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Used to be exclusively Pepsi, recently switched to Coke- one of the best decisions of my life. Very refreshing. Minute Maid lemonade is #1 though, I fucken shower in that shit.

animal
03-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Wait, they have a regular and a diet version of the same soda, yet both are diet anyway? That's retarded.

Z28Envy
03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
I drink wayyy to much Pepsi and Mountain Dew. I have tried to stop or cut down in the past but the headaches from the withdrawal suck big time. I guess I am a junky!

Prince Valiant
03-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Dude, I charge 100 bucks for detox. I just chain you to my fence out back until you stop crying. Caffeine dependency over.

Nix
03-25-2009, 03:05 PM
I drink wayyy to much Pepsi and Mountain Dew. I have tried to stop or cut down in the past but the headaches from the withdrawal suck big time. I guess I am a junky!

I have the exact same issue. the headaches are horrible. Is there anyway to beat them and stop drinking soda? Or do you have to wait the pains out? I love soda so much but its horrbile for me. :alcoholic

TheRX7Project
03-25-2009, 05:07 PM
I switched to diet soda for a while, and saw zero improvement. I gotta say that diet Dr. Pepper and Fresca are two of the best diet sodas in the world though. In fact I like diet Dr. Pepper better than regular, and Fresca is so good I didn't even know it was diet until someone told me they like it because it has no sugar.

DirtyMax
03-25-2009, 05:44 PM
I hate all Diet Soda taste. I havent given this Max stuff a try though but I will.

I too need to quit soda. I'm sure I could drop a few lbs. doing that alone.

Propel is my new vice. Doesn't seem too bad for me.

I was drinking Vitamin Water but if you look at the ingredients and all the sugar, might as well keep drinking Monster like I was.

lordairgtar
03-25-2009, 06:51 PM
I tried the Diet Max. Not a bad taste but sheesh, the caffeine and the ginsing had me bouncing off walls. I wouldn't drink that redneck piss water from Atlanta (Coke)

lordairgtar
03-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Fresca? They still make that?

Voodoo Chick
03-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Fresca? They still make that?

Yeah......I always felt it tasted kinda weird, for some reason......only certain filling stations still sell it though, so you kinda have to search for it.

TheRX7Project
03-26-2009, 08:19 AM
Or Pick n Save sells it in 12pk and 2L form.