PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Convo with our fuel tanker driver

Smokey1226
03-23-2009, 10:45 PM
One of our customers stopped in tonight, who also works for the company that delivers our fuel for the station. Him and I talk all the time about cars and what not, so i figured i would go outside and see how he was doing.

Anywho, he was talking about his truck that he has been working on for awhile now. 408 Stroker in a 1500 Ram pickup. He was talking about picking up some more race gas from me, and then told me a story about one of the stations he had to deliver too.

Its a station on 27th/Edgerton or somewhere right by Borchards shop.

He said he went there with a delivery for 7k gallons of regular and 1k gallons of Premium. When he got there the owner had him put 500 gallons in the normal tank, and then the other 500 gallons in another tank set off to the side. HE asked wtf is going on, the owner of the station told him he wants to sell 110 Leaded Race gas. Being the car enthusist he is, he waited around to see if they were really selling "race gas" out of the tank.

He said the Owner and another guy went to the back of the station poored out some stuff out of a drum into a bucket, then dumped the bucket into the tank and closed it up. He couldn't believe it, he said whatever they put in there looked absoutely nasty.

Remember when i told you guys about shady stuff that goes on at some places???? Well heres a prime example.

1) Not only did they put the "stuff" on top of the fuel in the tank, when they should of put it in first then added the premium fuel to mix it up.

2) Whatever he put in, wasn't toluene :durr

Car Guy
03-23-2009, 11:03 PM
There IS a station right on 27th & Edgerton Ave but someone needs to confirm which one it really is, I can't stand shady business owners......:fire

Mr. Brett
03-23-2009, 11:38 PM
That Clark station?

Smokey1226
03-23-2009, 11:47 PM
That Clark station?
im 99% sure he said clark station, but since im not 100% i cant confirm. Whoever has a "race Gas Pump" kind of in the middle of the island, and the tank is off to the side.

British_Ben
03-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Wow, that's terrible!

I drove all the way around the Clark station at 27th and Edgerton on Google maps street view. Probably not the best way to do it, but I had to look. I don't see an external tank or a separate fuel pump for race fuel.

Maybe the Shell closer to Borchards shop, Kitty-corner to the McDonalds? Other than that, I can't think of any stations in between the Clark and that Shell.

udlose98
03-23-2009, 11:51 PM
near my work, i will have to investigate.

Smokey1226
03-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Wow, that's terrible!

I drove all the way around the Clark station at 27th and Edgerton on Google maps street view. Probably not the best way to do it, but I had to look. I don't see an external tank or a separate fuel pump for race fuel.

Maybe the Shell closer to Borchards shop, Kitty-corner to the McDonalds? Other than that, I can't think of any stations in between the Clark and that Shell.
again, i cant remember all the small details.

But he said it was very close to from Borchards shop. Im sure ill see him in the next couple days to double check.

03CVLX
03-24-2009, 12:13 AM
There was a station on 27th & edgerton that was selling a Lead added Gasoline from the pump but I don't think it was racing fuel. My dad went there once with his 69 Galaxie, I will ask again which station it was.

Smokey1226
03-24-2009, 12:22 AM
There was a station on 27th & edgerton that was selling a Lead added Gasoline from the pump but I don't think it was racing fuel. My dad went there once with his 69 Galaxie, I will ask again which station it was.
That sounds more like it. He said the owner told him he sold Leaded premium, but had on the sign 110 Race gas???

Car Guy
03-24-2009, 02:23 AM
Then that would be the station on 27th & Edgerton, years ago I knew of a few people that went there for the 93-octane LEADED gasoline. However, if he's selling it as 110 race gas that would be a problem and could cause all kinds of issues for customers requiring the high octane rating.....:chair:

animal
03-24-2009, 07:07 AM
Yeha taht station has always had "leaded 93" as long as I can remember. Here I thought he was buying it that way though.

Got Boost
03-24-2009, 08:56 AM
This may be a bit off-topic here , but since we are talking about questionable gas stations..... My wife got gas at Clark on howell by airport ... got 17.1 gallons of gas , car wasent empty , just pumped till it shut off not (squeezing the last drop ) funny thing her car only holds 16.3 gallons . She said she has never been close to 16.3 gallons .... Whats going on here ...My car gets less mileage at this station so I dont get gas there anymore..:flipoff2:

animal
03-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Call the city on that gas station. Pretty sure they have an inspector for exactly that.

Or you should be able to test it with a gas can, then if you find shady results, call the news :)

Smokey1226
03-24-2009, 10:21 AM
This may be a bit off-topic here , but since we are talking about questionable gas stations..... My wife got gas at Clark on howell by airport ... got 17.1 gallons of gas , car wasent empty , just pumped till it shut off not (squeezing the last drop ) funny thing her car only holds 16.3 gallons . She said she has never been close to 16.3 gallons .... Whats going on here ...My car gets less mileage at this station so I dont get gas there anymore..:flipoff2:
You have to contact someone from either the City or the State. As a matter of fact, we just had out state guy out to test everything.

It's manditory to have them come out either twice a year or one time and they test everything all at once.

So maybe they havent been tested in awhile or something. not sure