PDA

View Full Version : Anybody work at a Sprint store?

-stew-
03-23-2009, 09:22 PM
As stated in the title, I'm looking to find some help at a Sprint store. I'm having issues with my Treo 700wx. I've had it since May '07. It locks up, some times for hours. I get texts hours late. it won't ring, but it will pop up that I have a missed call from hours ago. Voicemails show up out of the blue. this shit comes and goes in spells. Past few days have been real bad, but I've had these issues since I bought it. I've taken it in a three or four times, they give it back a few hours later and say "it works fine, we can't find anything wrong with it." or "your abusing it". its been dropped a few times, but never from more than chest high. Its never been in water. I've been with sprint since '01, and if they dodnt help me out here, I'm gonna take my number and leave as soon as my contract is up. Lookin for a lil bit of help. Thanks.

HRSEPLA
03-23-2009, 09:25 PM
I could use a Sprint hookup too... :banana1:

-stew-
03-23-2009, 09:29 PM
^^ Nice avatar.

HRSEPLA
03-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Much to Coop's dismay, it's still not a vagina.

Car Guy
03-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Sure as hell looks like it......:shades

Stangman98
03-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Sounds like it needs a software update. I would just take it in and see if there is updated software for it

johnny--2k
03-24-2009, 08:54 AM
it's a windows mobile phone.

How many programs are you currently running? How's the memory doing? Do you have any tweaks done to the phone? There is a lot of stuff out there that will help it run WAY more efficiently.

PureSound15
03-24-2009, 08:57 AM
We have windows mobile phones for work so I feel your pain man.

F*cking HTC touch for business use is a joke.

johnny--2k
03-24-2009, 09:05 AM
ohhh...touch? At least get the touch pro with an actual keyboard. I have the touch pro, with a few small tweaks and changes, mine runs like a CHAMP with no problems....

Had an HTC through ATT with the older WinMo 5.1 as well, same thing. A few tweaks, and I never had a problem with it again.

Cleveland Dave
03-24-2009, 09:05 AM
I could use a Sprint hookup too... :banana1:

me too...i want to renew my SERO service.

PureSound15
03-24-2009, 10:13 AM
ohhh...touch? At least get the touch pro with an actual keyboard. I have the touch pro, with a few small tweaks and changes, mine runs like a CHAMP with no problems....

Had an HTC through ATT with the older WinMo 5.1 as well, same thing. A few tweaks, and I never had a problem with it again.

It's not bad for reports - but emailing on a touch screen blows.

InvisibleCobra
03-24-2009, 10:37 AM
As stated in the title, I'm looking to find some help at a Sprint store. I'm having issues with my Treo 700wx. I've had it since May '07. It locks up, some times for hours. I get texts hours late. it won't ring, but it will pop up that I have a missed call from hours ago. Voicemails show up out of the blue. this shit comes and goes in spells. Past few days have been real bad, but I've had these issues since I bought it. I've taken it in a three or four times, they give it back a few hours later and say "it works fine, we can't find anything wrong with it." or "your abusing it". its been dropped a few times, but never from more than chest high. Its never been in water. I've been with sprint since '01, and if they dodnt help me out here, I'm gonna take my number and leave as soon as my contract is up. Lookin for a lil bit of help. Thanks.

Stew,

Call customer service and tell them that you want to speak to a Customer Retention Rep. These are people that do whatever they can to keep you as a sprint customer..Trust me, It works!!:banana

Philip

johnny--2k
03-24-2009, 11:25 AM
me too...i want to renew my SERO service.

You should not have to renew your contract for the SERO plans. I have it also, and the new SERO plans SUCK compared to what I and probably you have right now.

Just stick with the month to month, and pay out for a new phone. That's what I did. I didn't want to run the risk of having some dumbass in the store mess up my contract and change my plan on me....

johnny--2k
03-24-2009, 11:26 AM

I can imagine! I text a lot. average of 1000+ per month, so not having a full keyboard was not an option for me....

Cleveland Dave
03-24-2009, 11:54 AM

they should have got u the mogul or touch pro....slide out keyboards ftw!

Cleveland Dave
03-24-2009, 11:55 AM
You should not have to renew your contract for the SERO plans. I have it also, and the new SERO plans SUCK compared to what I and probably you have right now.

Just stick with the month to month, and pay out for a new phone. That's what I did. I didn't want to run the risk of having some dumbass in the store mess up my contract and change my plan on me....

ahh havent looked into it...just didnt want to shell out 550 for a new phone.

Nix
03-24-2009, 12:11 PM
I had the HTC Touch but one day I knelt down to pick something up and cracked the crystal display, oil was ozzing throught the screen and I figured it would be more expensive to replace the screen than just get a new tele. So I went and picked up a RANT with the full slide out keyboard. This thing is awesome thus far with no issues. I also have the SERO plan from a few years ago and I will hold onto it as long as sprint works with me.

I kept the HTC touch with the broken screen. I don't know why, maybe I should use it for target practice.

johnny--2k
03-24-2009, 12:17 PM
I know, but with what you are saving on the SERO plan, even the new ones are more expensive, you still make your money back in less than a year anyways.

I just shelled out that for my touch pro. $600 but they gave me $50 for my Palm Centro

84hurst
03-24-2009, 12:55 PM
It sounds like Sprint needs to do a signal test. I had a Treo 650 that was always dropping calls, getting voice mails hours after they were left. I asked Sprint to do a signal test and it failed so they ended up replacing the phone with a new 700wx. But you can try a couple of things yourself too. Keep as many 3rd party apps on the expansion card... that free's up alot of memory and keeps the phone running fast. Also, go to http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=2613,E=0000000000342754800,K=3141,Sxi=7,t=down loads,Question=Ref(q_activetab):str(downloads) and find out if you are running the latest software (v1.15). If not, download it and install it on your next hotsync operation.

Silver350
03-24-2009, 03:26 PM
See if there is an update for your phone here:

www.sprint.com\downloads

They had one for my Blackberry and it actually fixed a few issues I was having.