PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica viewers here?

Goat Roper
03-21-2009, 07:24 PM
I must be the only BSG viewer in the house if no one is discussing the series finale from last night. Won't break my heart if there is nobody else but if you were a viewer post up what you thought.

hotshift13
03-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Heard It was a pretty good show, so we are watching the first season now, and I'm diggin' it. So Im only what 4 years behind the times?

Goat Roper
03-21-2009, 08:16 PM
It was a very good show last night and a fitting end. I won't go into detail since you are getting caught up, lol

95 TA - The Beast
03-21-2009, 08:27 PM
The finale sucked major ass...

No two ways about it, they took the 'easy' way out... I mean the 'mystical' side was a suckass attempt to pander to the 'religious'... The 'lets go back to the stone-age' decision was the worst and weakest stupidity overall...

Oh, and so many of the 'mystical' interactions by the 'angels' or whatever you want to call them seem so short-sighted in the scope of things, as well as could be argued that because of thier 'meddling' the whole loss of the colonies was firmly in thier hands, as it was 'eluded' to that they were somehow responsible for the destruction of Cobol, as well as the 'final-five' being able to find the 'new' cylons, as well as the directing of Baltar to pull what he did, which was the direct result of the destruction of the 12 colonies...

Overall they tied it together poorly... The could have done much more to 'explain' how man on Earth really evolved, I mean, c'mon, it took them from 150,000 years ago for us to get where we are today, so they basically colonized earth, then receeded back to 'stone-age' tech and 'forgot' all aspects of civilization quite quickly and man basically struggled to get where we are over 150,000 years... I call BS... :mad:

I mean, it would have been better if somehow there was a small handful of them that decided to ignore technology and settle on Earth, but at least show Mars as a paradise and then settling there and in, say, 50,000 years they end up blowing the planet to hell and thus you have the lifeless Mars as we know it today and the 'remainder' in Earth evolves more slowly or somesuch...

Dont get me wrong, the whole battle on the cylon colony was awesome, even the aspect of Starbuck being able to jump them to 'Earth'... just after that they kinda gave up... I mean fawk, the old man decides to bury Rosilyn and live like a hermit for the rest of his days, even when Lee is there as well???

The whole lets go and live all by ourselves on everyones behalf jsut seemed dumb... I mean, lets set up pockets of people, over huge distances, with no form of communication, and lets see if we can 'start over' in all aspects... BS! :mad:

Car Guy
03-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Tell us how you really feel.....:goof

Goat Roper
03-21-2009, 09:51 PM
OK, I guess the cork is off, lol

The whole "back to the stone age" was probably the smartest decision if you REALLY want to read into it. Say the Centurians they let take off in the baseship suddenly run into the two baseships that jumped from the Colony before Galactica got there and get taken over and now they have the coordinates to new Earth? They show up and find a technologically advanced civilization and it is game on again. They roll in and discover nothing but pockets of people in villages with no technology and they move on.

The 150,000 years though was a bad decision, 15,000 years maybe. I think they were trying to tie in Hera as being the missing link fossils discovered is why.

Adama had lost everything he loved (well, minus Lee), Galactica and Roslyn, him taking off wasn't a giant surprise.

My questions are, WTF was the deal with Kara and what happened to the Raptor's like Adama's that he flew off.

The battle scene was AWESOME though