PDA

View Full Version : LS1tech.com

Crawlin
03-21-2009, 02:05 PM
There's alot of shit going down with that site right now. Can't be too specific since it doesn't directly involve me. I know a couple people on here probably know like ProjectCamaro. Saw him in the other site ;)

Lots of new articles and new posts coming about on PlanetLSX.com instead. Seems like the company that took over wants it to go the way of LS1.com

Sucks to see considering I was member #36 on ls1tech. Lots of people stepping down as mods/admins/etc...

TransAm12sec
03-21-2009, 02:44 PM
So, what happened with LS1.com?

Yooformula
03-21-2009, 03:04 PM
got the email. the new site looks awesome though! shame another site is going downhill though but I am sure the owners got PAID.

Holeshot
03-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Same thing is slowly happening on ls1gto.com. When Jon owned it it seem more family like. Now that Auto Forums owns it its tumbled. I can't stand all the damn advertisement.

Crawlin
03-21-2009, 03:24 PM
The whole reason ls1tech was started was because we were having issues with getting the owner of LS1.com to shutdown the AAG forums. They caused such a bandwidth issue that it slowed the whole site down and even crashed it a good number of times.

Hence why ls1tech was started. was JUST tech. same reason why the SeatStaysUp.com was started, so they could get the AAG stuff that was going on, seperated from the tech nature of their site. When it was started, ALL the good tech people, all the knowledgable people, even alot of the shops, migrated over to ls1tech, and it because the largest lsx based message board. LS1.com pretty much just became a VERY small site compared to what it had been.

This is pretty much the same things going on with tech, now that they sold to IB. It's amazing the loyalties/friends that you get from something as simple as a website.

Crawlin
03-21-2009, 03:26 PM
got the email. the new site looks awesome though! shame another site is going downhill though but I am sure the owners got PAID.

Tony/John got paid. And they stayed on for the past two years helping out IB. FOR FREE. And from what those two were saying, the compensation package promised to them, has been short by a VERY large amount. 100's of thousands of dollars.

It's amazing how a website you start can bring you a source of income, haha.

Z28Envy
03-21-2009, 04:58 PM
The site is getting harder and harder to use as well. The search function sucks and really doesn't give you anything that you are looking for. I guess that is what happens when it gets to big!!

0TransAm0
03-21-2009, 05:17 PM
The site is getting harder and harder to use as well. The search function sucks and really doesn't give you anything that you are looking for. I guess that is what happens when it gets to big!!

search does really suck..and all the advertising is annoying as hell

TransAm12sec
03-21-2009, 05:37 PM
What does AAG stand for?

Silver86
03-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Same thing is slowly happening on ls1gto.com. When Jon owned it it seem more family like. Now that Auto Forums owns it its tumbled. I can't stand all the damn advertisement.

one of the honda forums that i used to frequent had that same thing happen. it sad, i really liked the people on that forum.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
03-21-2009, 06:26 PM
one of the honda forums that i used to frequent had that same thing happen. it sad, i really liked the people on that forum.

Ahh yes. Superhonda. Oh how I got banned from that site

GTSLOW
03-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Chris you talking about how they sold it over to that bullshit company that had all the spam ads and what not??? I haven't been on there in a while but I remember when it all started.

Josepy
03-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Damn that sucks.

Rocket Power
03-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Luckily nothing like that will happen on the Olds boards, because all they can do is rip on new parts and vendors and each other:rolf

formul8
03-21-2009, 07:33 PM
I was #101 or something like that when it started. I figured that IB company would run things into the ground.

Don't forget, they own several other big name sites also.

VroomPshhTsi
03-21-2009, 07:50 PM
I check their classifieds everyday, good site.

x2 on the AAG. What does it stand for?

GRNDNL
03-21-2009, 08:13 PM
x2 on the AAG. What does it stand for?

Almost Anything Goes

Yooformula
03-21-2009, 08:36 PM
alot of drama on those boards. was funny how bad ls1.com got because he would dump or at least restrict AAG and it hurt the tech side BADLY . Shitty thing was most of the AAG whores werent even LS1 owners. Tech had a great run though but lately it has gotten bad especially the search funtion. I hope PlantLSX does well. Sucks to hear about how the founders got screwed out of the $$$.

Crawlin
03-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Yeah, IB owns a TON of sites. I mean corvetteforums and stuntlife.com and audizine.com, etc... just literally tons and tons of sites.

Mr. Brett
03-23-2009, 07:25 PM
LS1tech has sucked ballsack since being taken over by IB.

Poncho
03-23-2009, 07:30 PM

I was wondering WTF was happening.

letsrunem
03-24-2009, 03:09 AM
They can either charge you a membership fee or get money by advertisements. What would you rather have?