PDA

View Full Version : great lakes drag

BoostedSS
03-18-2009, 07:31 PM
I have never been to the strip before but plan on going this summer. I heard if you car is capable of running under a 13.99 you need a helmet. How do i know if my car can do that if i have never been there.

Z28Envy
03-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Well if you think it has the potential to run that than bring one with to be safe. I believe they changed to rules now though to if you are on the track you have to wear one. Check the GLD forum on here!

TheRX7Project
03-18-2009, 07:52 PM
You must've missed the thread where now EVERYTHING requires a helmet. It was posted a month or so ago.

So, bring a helmet.

RanJer
03-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Never a bad idea to wear one no matter what. As far as what your car can do, post up what you got and maybe someone will have better insight as to what you should be looking at.

stealthy1ss
03-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Austin your car is definately capable of going faster than 13.99. As far as everyone needing a helmet, I am 95% sure that they retracted the everyone needs a helmet deal.

1997 Trans-Am
03-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Last time i went they weren't too picky about high 12sec cars or slower (with the group i was with.) Im sure there much more strict on the faster cars. you could probably get away with one run before they warn you. but like said before its a good idea to still wear one.

srt4eh
03-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Last time i went they weren't too picky about high 12sec cars or slower (with the group i was with.) Im sure there much more strict on the faster cars. you could probably get away with one run before they warn you. but like said before its a good idea to still wear one.

except for the fact that starting with the 09 season you will need a helmet no matter what. :thumbsup

stealthy1ss
03-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Greg @ GLD retracted his statement about having to wear a helmet for all racers. Helmet rules are the same as last year. Here is the thread that he made about it.

http://http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35461

BoostedSS
03-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Austin your car is definately capable of going faster than 13.99. As far as everyone needing a helmet, I am 95% sure that they retracted the everyone needs a helmet deal.

yeah i just read that. And i would like to think i can crack into the 13's lol never been to the track. Yes i know you can really answer this but what "should" i be running with my mods.

BoostedSS
03-18-2009, 11:16 PM
yeah i just read that. And i would like to think i can crack into the 13's lol never been to the track. Yes i know you can really answer this but what "should" i be running with my mods.

i meant "CANT"

srt4eh
03-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Greg @ GLD retracted his statement about having to wear a helmet for all racers. Helmet rules are the same as last year. Here is the thread that he made about it.

http://http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35461

my bad :crying

SSLEVO
03-19-2009, 07:41 AM

Go on the cobalt forums and you should be able to find out for sure. How much hp are you making roughly? Are you going to be on street tires? I think if you drive it right you should be right around the cutoff point or quicker. Just pick up a g-force helmet from summit, i think they are only like 100 bucks and snell 2005 rated.

BoostedSS
03-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Go on the cobalt forums and you should be able to find out for sure. How much hp are you making roughly? Are you going to be on street tires? I think if you drive it right you should be right around the cutoff point or quicker. Just pick up a g-force helmet from summit, i think they are only like 100 bucks and snell 2005 rated.

yeah i was browsing...looks like mid 13's

Irish
03-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Hey we'll be in the same range...

stealthy1ss
03-19-2009, 01:57 PM

There is such a hard question to answer because of the amount of variables the come into play. People with your setup have ran anywhere from low to mid 13's and even low 14's because they can't drive. This will be your first time so I think that you will run a high 13. Before you go to the track make sure you have poly or the new rotated tranny mounts before you go because you will break an axle. Wheel hop is a bitch in these cars and you probably know that first hand.

badass88gt
03-19-2009, 02:05 PM
If you have one, bring it. You can't ever be "too safe".

Voodoo Chick
03-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Good idea to wear one no matter what the car's speed. Better safe than braindead.