PDA

View Full Version : '10 Camaro production started

BAD LS1
03-18-2009, 04:23 PM
i guess they are making them... even if it is a day late and dollar shy. Some said production started yesterday, the dates on this is evidence it started in Feb. They start shipping next week too i guess.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14970

Silver86
03-18-2009, 04:45 PM
cool. i cant wait to see on in person.

Beagle
03-18-2009, 04:47 PM
I want one really bad!!!!!!!!

michelle
03-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Looks like an army, a not-very-intimidating army.

TransAm12sec
03-18-2009, 05:03 PM
What happened with the naming rights again?

Car Guy
03-18-2009, 05:09 PM
:puke x 1,000,000

PonyKiller87
03-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Now all they need to do is pull thier heads out of thier asses and put the Z28 into production.

udlose98
03-18-2009, 05:39 PM
i have to admit when this was first brought up, (whatmaybe 3 yrs ago now) I was really excited. But to see the final product....well its best to just say I am not impressed anymore.

Karps TA
03-18-2009, 06:04 PM
I think as a summer toy it's a pretty decent car. But it comes in a distant 3rd place among it's US competitors as a daily driver. It's about at usefull for a daily driver as a Solstice. So in this economy, I just don't see it being much of a hit. Not alot of people can afford toy's like that right now.

johnny--2k
03-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Big, Slow, and Heavy. Still not impressed by the car. Looks good, but that's about it. Here is my reasoning behind that statement....

http://jalopnik.com/5170993/2010-chevy-camaro-first-burnout-video?skyline=true&s=x

Yooformula
03-18-2009, 06:21 PM
ummm. some views look OK but others look like shit. Maybe GM could have waited another 3 years until there was NO demand left for the car.

Prince Valiant
03-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I think exterior looks great, front a little worse off than the rear though. The interior really doesn't float my boat though...what's with the twin pod 1967'esque dash? It doesn't work.

Performance should be fine...even the v6 should be able to clip mid 14's safely, perhaps low 14's with good driving (perhaps touch 13's with heroic driving). I heard the v6 will be officially rated 29mpg?

Poncho
03-18-2009, 07:28 PM
maybe gm could have waited another 3 years until there was no demand left for the car.

qft

lit666
03-18-2009, 07:55 PM
I want one.

Car Guy
03-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Big, Slow, and Heavy. Still not impressed by the car. Looks good, but that's about it. Here is my reasoning behind that statement....

http://jalopnik.com/5170993/2010-chevy-camaro-first-burnout-video?skyline=true&s=x

That so-called burnout is......

http://www.counteragent.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/weak-sauce-thumb.jpg

johnny--2k
03-18-2009, 08:33 PM
^ EXACTLY! And that's an SS!!! :stare

GTSLOW
03-18-2009, 09:21 PM
No blue ones?

Red, Black, Silver, and Yellow. :wtf

BAD LS1
03-19-2009, 08:31 AM
lol at the ford people. And lol at the burnout... the car is an auto with typical STOCK tuning with TM not letting it be spun much over 2K when the car isnt moving and it shifts into 2nd gear right away, as soon as its rolling TM lets up then you can ride it out. Welcome to the world of electronic throttle control. The 05' GT mustangs had TM so bad they couldnt even do a brakestand until they were tuned!

T-Bag
03-19-2009, 09:37 AM
5 years too late. Flop!

xxtremeteam
03-19-2009, 09:57 AM
I think they will be cool to see, but way to late to arrive at the party

Irish
03-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Fuck the body. I'd rock the drivetrain in my truck though.

Feature Pony
03-19-2009, 10:43 AM
sun roofs look nasty on these cars. I will wait to see on in person and see the numbers. Cobra is paid off so I will be looking for another car payment soon all 3, challenger srt8, gt500 or camaro ss are looking good to pick up!

Irish
03-19-2009, 10:48 AM
The challengers, stock, are sloooooooow.

DirtyMax
03-19-2009, 12:01 PM
The challengers, stock, are sloooooooow.

best looking of the 3 though IMO.

Prince Valiant
03-19-2009, 01:26 PM
I must admit...I'm surprised at some of those expressing displeasure. Others, not so much, lol.

The challengers, stock, are sloooooooow. 13.1 @ 108 (SRT8) is slow? 13.6 @ 104 (R/T) is slow?

Are you talking about the SE? Granted, it doesn't set the world afire with 15.6 @ 90mph, that's still somewhat respectable for a car NO ONE will buy for performance. It will get a tad better though when they stop building them with 4 speeds and go with the MUCH better 5 speed auto in the next month or two (mid year change)...should put it into the lower 15's at least but more in line with the smaller, lighter v6 mustangs.

Although in the next year or so, we should see mopar's all-new 3.6 v6 underhood of the SE's with slightly less power output (I've read 280-300hp)...but with cylinder deactivation too.

VroomPshhTsi
03-19-2009, 02:54 PM
F the haters... I like them (interior is so-so)

Voodoo Chick
03-19-2009, 03:13 PM
OK.....I LOVE Camaros more than anything, but this I don't even like. Granted, I don't like modern-era cars, period, but still..... I tried to give it a chance, went to the auto show and saw one in person, and it was ugly as sin. Fat, heavy, clumsy-looking, and worst of all...plastic. It looks like whoever designed it tried to make it look "classy," and IMO the best thing about Camaros is that they aren't classy....they used to be tough-looking and cool, but classy? Hell no. This new monstrosity looks like it should be driven by a spoiled rich girl or a mid-life-crisis-having old man. It would look perfectly at home parked in some fancy snob neighborhood. There's NO "Camaroey-ness" to it at all. I hate it, and I wouldn't want one even if ya gave me one free.

BAD LS1
03-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Lol not like the 4th gens looked much better or had better interiors, people got them for the kick ass engine! i know i did!The same will apply to the 5th gen's too. They will have no problem selling these cars.

88Nightmare
03-19-2009, 03:42 PM
its 2009, kind of the way a lot of auto makers are going. find me a car from todays era that has less plastic then the new camaro....

The irony lies in the fact that the 1975 Camaro had an approximate weight of about ~3,723lbs. The 2010 Camaro LT manuals approximate weight is about ~ 3,741lbs. A 2010 Camaro SS with an automatic is only about 200lbs heavier. Keep in mind the new Camaros are packed full of way more features then the 1975 Camaro ever had. Whether or not said features are desirable is aside from the point. It still has it, and manages to have a similar weight as its 35 year old predecessor.

As far as plastic goes, its about as plastic-y as the current mustangs and the new challengers. Its the way it goes.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
03-19-2009, 03:45 PM
lol not like the 4th gens looked much better or had better interiors, people got them for the kick ass engine! I know i did!the same will apply to the 5th gen's too. They will have no problem selling these cars.

lt1:)

Karps TA
03-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I disagree. When the 4th gens were out they didn't have much in line of competition and they still barely sold 40K cars a year between the Camaro and the Bird. Now they have more competitiors - Challenger, 370Z, G8, Geneisis coupe, etc... all in the same price range.

This car is very polarizing. People seem to love it or hate it. I know very few people who really like it alot. And those guys would love it even if it was a milk crate on wheels if it had the Camaro badge on it.

I agree with the comment about it looks plastic. It really does. Reminds me of like a Saturn product from the 90's. It's got alot of the Rubbermaid look to the body.

Powertrains are great though.

88Nightmare
03-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Lt1 > 5.0

Voodoo Chick
03-19-2009, 04:07 PM
I don't care about "packed with features." I want a car, not a roving hotel suite.......I think it's ugly, awkward-looking, and it has none of the coolness that the old ones had. I don't care if it travels at the speed of light or can pull stumps out of the ground, it is a big, ugly hunk of plastic. I half expected to see "made in taiwan" or "hasbro" stamped on it somewhere.

BAD LS1
03-19-2009, 04:21 PM
I don't care about "packed with features." I want a car, not a roving hotel suite.......I think it's ugly, awkward-looking, and it has none of the coolness that the old ones had. I don't care if it travels at the speed of light or can pull stumps out of the ground, it is a big, ugly hunk of plastic. I half expected to see "made in taiwan" or "hasbro" stamped on it somewhere.

Ok ok! we know you wont be buying one:goof

BAD LS1
03-19-2009, 04:22 PM
lt1:)

I will change to my statement to "98-02 4th gens":thumbsup

88Nightmare
03-19-2009, 04:29 PM

youre entitled to your personal opinion. personally, I like the performance that they have with the comfort of being able to drive it every day if you really wanted to. and on long road trips. the sound deadening and insulation in the car helps keep it quiet, so its not a rickity rackity amish haywagon ride if you wanna take it on a long trip. makes it more of a pleasure to drive, plus you have that performance ontap when you want it. this is pretty much what the modern performance cars are composed of

88Nightmare
03-19-2009, 04:30 PM
oh and as to the looks and plastic and whatnot..... function over form :)

DirtyMax
03-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Lt1 > 5.0

Did you fall down on your head today? Or were you speaking of GM's 5.0?

Voodoo Chick
03-19-2009, 04:35 PM
oh and as to the looks and plastic and whatnot..... function over form :)

Yeah, it functions just fine, but it's form is .......:puke

BOSS LX
03-19-2009, 04:59 PM

He is right. I have never seen a fast 5.0 based Ford motor!

88Nightmare
03-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah, it functions just fine, but it's form is .......:puke

good enough for me.

Poncho
03-19-2009, 06:32 PM

you mean 98-02 4th gen Pontiacs right? :rolf:thumbsup

In all seriousness.... the new Mustang looks alot better, so does the Challenger. Looks sells cars. Those that want ugly cars that go like hell buy LS1/LS2/LS3 cars that AREN'T Corvettes

VroomPshhTsi
03-19-2009, 06:39 PM

No, he was doing simple math.

LT1 = 5.7 and 5.7 > 5.0 thus LT1 >5.0 :goof

97z2801ss
03-19-2009, 07:07 PM
I like it, alot of the cars are plastic now so what. I do like em I hope they sell them.

Voodoo Chick
03-19-2009, 08:01 PM
I like it, alot of the cars are plastic now so what. I do like em I hope they sell them.

And this is why I WON'T drive a new car. Old metal relic or nothing.

97z2801ss
03-19-2009, 08:16 PM
yea but the old cars had even cheesier interiors sagging heavy doors didnt stop well rhode like stage coaches. to each their own like someone said either you love it or hate it.

DirtyMax
03-19-2009, 10:16 PM
He is right. I have never seen a fast 5.0 based Ford motor!

Roger that.. but they look so purdy in show cars. :thumbsup

No, he was doing simple math.

LT1 = 5.7 and 5.7 > 5.0 thus LT1 >5.0 :goof

Thats about the only form of logic that helps this statement make any sense at all... :D

Poncho
03-19-2009, 10:18 PM
when did they stop using the 302? 1995?

95mustang302
03-19-2009, 11:18 PM
in the mustang it was 95, but in the exploder it was 02 i think

Poncho
03-19-2009, 11:24 PM

TY, I wasn't sure what it lived on in...

GRAMPS SS
03-20-2009, 12:45 AM
now that it's out...and everyone is loseing there jobs...whose going to get a loan to buy one of these....(puts flame suit on)

GRAMPS SS
03-20-2009, 12:48 AM

i thought 2001...2002 had the 4.6 didn't it...???

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
03-20-2009, 06:09 AM

thanks genious:rolf

0TransAm0
03-20-2009, 08:13 AM
now that it's out...and everyone is loseing there jobs...whose going to get a loan to buy one of these....(puts flame suit on)

thats whats funny...despite the crappy economy im sure tons of people will be buying them..

Karps TA
03-20-2009, 08:20 AM

Oddly enough despite house prices dropping. The value of Double Wide's has stayed pretty steady. So those folks should have no trouble financing the car. That is unless they raise the taxes on Skoal. Then there will be decisions to be made.

Voodoo Chick
03-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Oddly enough despite house prices dropping. The value of Double Wide's has stayed pretty steady. So those folks should have no trouble financing the car. That is unless they raise the taxes on Skoal. Then there will be decisions to be made.

Oh, please.....that new fat-ass car they are calling a "Camaro" wouldn't look at home in a trailer park, it looks more like it's natural habitat would be some place like Shorewood, or Whitefish Bay......which is why I hate it....or, one of the reasons, anyway....Looks so damn posh, and polished. YUCK. OK, I'll stop hating on it now......:mad:

Poncho
03-20-2009, 01:32 PM
so the camaro that is in comparable weight to a true 70's mullet mobile is a fat-ass car, and because it doesn't look like a half ass built GM turd with a bigger turd motor is why you hate on it?

Speaks volumes on closed mindedness, and I don't even want to know the low opinion of my solid metal jellybean grand prixamfire on wheels.

the cars of the 70's were largely turds that is a fact. the new camaro, it is known, i'm not a huge fan of, but it's not built like a turd, and definately won't be. But if you're upset it's build quality and fit and finish are so excellent that it's right one par with all other modern cars, sorry. Go drive one, it still has the same heart and soul of the past. Thats why I love my car. New car, old soul.

88Nightmare
03-20-2009, 01:42 PM
so the camaro that is in comparable weight to a true 70's mullet mobile is a fat-ass car, and because it doesn't look like a half ass built GM turd with a bigger turd motor is why you hate on it?

Speaks volumes on closed mindedness, and I don't even want to know the low opinion of my solid metal jellybean grand prixamfire on wheels.

the cars of the 70's were largely turds that is a fact. the new camaro, it is known, i'm not a huge fan of, but it's not built like a turd, and definately won't be. But if you're upset it's build quality and fit and finish are so excellent that it's right one par with all other modern cars, sorry. Go drive one, it still has the same heart and soul of the past. Thats why I love my car. New car, old soul.

and that, is the definition of vehicular evolution

Poncho
03-20-2009, 01:51 PM
and that, is the definition of vehicular evolution

werd. Don't you hate your truck mike? Feels NOTHING like it would have in 1917. Lets install a hand crank on it for starting.

88Nightmare
03-20-2009, 01:59 PM
I just dont understand. Other then the usual GM bashers on here **cough** bob **cough** Sunny is the only one who is a true gen 5 camaro hater, but the reasons don't really make sense. So since the gen 5 camaro has an excellent set of drivetrains available for them, which would be great platforms for some nice buildups, yet have the normal comfort features of any modern day car, that makes them a bad car? They aren't the Camaros of the 70's.... they are the Camaros of the 10's. See 2 and 3 posts up :D

Myles
03-20-2009, 02:10 PM
I think the new maro looks awesome. Maybe the true mullet lovers hate them cause they wouldn't look right in it?

07ROUSHSTG3
03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
i want to see one on the road. i have gotten tired of seeing pics on the internet damn it. i hope that it is successful, unfortunetly looking at how the challenger flopped, i suspect that it won't make it very long. i predict 2 model years and we will talking about the death of the camaro all over again.

STANMAN
03-20-2009, 03:32 PM
I just dont understand. Other then the usual GM bashers on here **cough** bob **cough** Sunny is the only one who is a true gen 5 camaro hater, but the reasons don't really make sense. So since the gen 5 camaro has an excellent set of drivetrains available for them, which would be great platforms for some nice buildups, yet have the normal comfort features of any modern day car, that makes them a bad car? They aren't the Camaros of the 70's.... they are the Camaros of the 10's. See 2 and 3 posts up :D

Ouch. I am not a GM basher by any means. There are 3 GM's that I would actually buy if the price was right (94/95 Impala SS, Grand National, 1st gen Maro w/o the hideaway headlights). I am actually a MOPAR person at heart, but I do like Fords as well. I just don't like GM interiors, or 99% of their styling. Even Tom, the GM apologist, states that no-one bought 4th gens for their looks, fit and finish, or build qaulity (ever see a 4th gen BESIDES Beagles that didn't have dimpled rear quarters for no apparent reason??) it was all about the drivetrain. Well, besides the rear ends, because we all know how craptacular they are. Anyway, I attempt to not bash, usually when I lash out, it's because someone has started in on my car. Usually.:rolf

88Nightmare
03-20-2009, 03:51 PM
I have never once said anything negative about your car other then the candycane or barber pole remarks. I have nothing against mustangs, I owned 3 of them, they are just no longer my first choice in performance.

Voodoo Chick
03-20-2009, 04:18 PM

Oh, Mike, you know me ;)......Every once in a while, I "get my hate on" then it passes, I feel bad, and change my mind.....And my reasons make sense to me! Plus, let's just chalk up this week's "Gen 5 bashing" to PMS......By next week, I'll have changed my mind and will have moved onto something else.......so who cares, lol.....and to those *anonymous* individuals who are actually seeming nearly pissed at my comments, holy sh*t! Calm down, I'll share my Midol with you, everything will be fine! I'm just set in my ways, is all. I love the whole 70's era, cars, music, clothes, everything, so of course I'm gonna cling to the Camaros of 30+ years ago......Now, all bashing and kidding aside, no matter what car you have, or want to have, that's all good, don't let anyone's opinion bother you so much. As far as me being "closed-minded" .......about cars, yes I am......about all the other stuff....I am not.

Voodoo Chick
03-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Oh....and I didn't say they are BAD cars, I'm sure they run just fine.....I just think they are ugly, lol!! Ugly does not mean "runs for sh*t," it just means, "Unappealing to the onlooker," and seeing as beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....I see them as visually bleeehhhh.....but I'm sure they drive just fine! :)

scaleracer
03-20-2009, 04:34 PM
i have to admit when this was first brought up, (whatmaybe 3 yrs ago now) I was really excited. But to see the final product....well its best to just say I am not impressed anymore.

I think I'd have to agree with you. Not sure exactly what it is but I don't like it that much but am still curious what they're going to look like in person..

88Nightmare
03-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Oh....and I didn't say they are BAD cars, I'm sure they run just fine.....I just think they are ugly, lol!! Ugly does not mean "runs for sh*t," it just means, "Unappealing to the onlooker," and seeing as beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....I see them as visually bleeehhhh.....but I'm sure they drive just fine! :)

nothin like a 13 second car off the showroom floor. Pretty sure the 70's camaros didnt offer that feature :headbang

pOrk
03-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Bob, do you like the interior of the 04+ Grand Prix? Just curious, I can't believe how comfortable it is. Besides the vents on the passenger side dash, I think the styling is pretty sweet.

Just curious is all.

I really like the new camaros, my old man wants a v6 model but doesn't wanna spend the cheese. The v6 has more power then the last v8 camaro they made from the sounds of it.

88Nightmare
03-20-2009, 05:01 PM
I think the 02 SS stock had 345hp? Thats just a guess, but for some reaosn that number sticks in my head. And considering the 5th gen v6 will have 300, thats damn good for a 6 banger.

Voodoo Chick
03-20-2009, 05:44 PM
nothin like a 13 second car off the showroom floor. Pretty sure the 70's camaros didnt offer that feature :headbang

The 70's era Camaros (to me) just looked SO damn cool. And, they are very accepting of powerful, rebuilt non-stock engines and non-stock performance parts, too............in fact.....they reallly, really like those sort of things! ;) So, for someone like me (set in my ways like an old geezer) it's a "best of it all" kinda scenario. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go turn on my lava lamp, listen to some Journey, and fluff my mullet. :rolleyes:

88Nightmare
03-20-2009, 06:22 PM
well to me, the best of it all already comes in the new camaro. That LS3 engine is great.

And FWIW, any GM car from back in the day that came with a small block could easily have any other small block put in its place, they all shared the same motor mounts. A big block could also easily be retrofitted. Malibus, Chevelles, Camaros, Cutlass, all willing recipients of a better powerplant

Poncho
03-20-2009, 07:18 PM
The 70's era Camaros (to me) just looked SO damn cool. And, they are very accepting of powerful, rebuilt non-stock engines and non-stock performance parts, too............in fact.....they reallly, really like those sort of things! ;) So, for someone like me (set in my ways like an old geezer) it's a "best of it all" kinda scenario. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go turn on my lava lamp, listen to some Journey, and fluff my mullet. :rolleyes:

70's era? you're right if the decade ended was 70-73 :thumbsup

Voodoo Chick
03-20-2009, 08:29 PM
well to me, the best of it all already comes in the new camaro. That LS3 engine is great.

And FWIW, any GM car from back in the day that came with a small block could easily have any other small block put in its place, they all shared the same motor mounts. A big block could also easily be retrofitted. Malibus, Chevelles, Camaros, Cutlass, all willing recipients of a better powerplant

Any car will be a willing recipient of a better engine, or a victim of molestation and ruin, all depends on what you do to 'em. To me, it doesn't matter what they started out with, it's all in how they finish up. I like the flashy, flamboyant appearance of the late 70's Camaros. I am not a fan of "understated," "elegant," or what not. So....of course I'm going to stick with what I love. I never once stated that the new ones run bad. I just don't like how they look. And........why does it matter? There's ALWAYS going to be differences in opinions.......I don't like modern cars. They don't turn me on. I don't feel like carrying on about this any longer, because at this point, this thread is beginning to bore me. If you like the new one, rock on...if not...oh well, rock on with something else. :)

STANMAN
03-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Bob, do you like the interior of the 04+ Grand Prix? Just curious, I can't believe how comfortable it is. Besides the vents on the passenger side dash, I think the styling is pretty sweet.

Just curious is all.

I really like the new camaros, my old man wants a v6 model but doesn't wanna spend the cheese. The v6 has more power then the last v8 camaro they made from the sounds of it.

Can't say that I have. I didn't know they still made the Grand Prix, I thought they were replaced by the numberletter cars (G6, G8, Jenny8675309)?????

Karps TA
03-21-2009, 12:40 AM
The interior on all the new Pontiacs not built down under are awful compared to their counterparts. There's no way anyone could believe that the company that makes the Malibu's interior makes the G6's interior, or the Grand prix. It's all hard ass plastic, with horrible shapes, and the fabric material is not even nice to touch. GM has really just let Pontiac just wither away.

One of the biggest problems with the Camaro is not the drivetrain, it's that they listened to all the complaints people had about the 4th gen cars, and ignored them, and made the car is many ways even hard to live with. People hated the seating position and the lack of visibility. So they made the windows even hard to see out of, while creating more blind spots. You're even more sunk down in the seat, something women drivers hated about the 4th gen. They took away any storage space. Atleast the hatch provided room to carry a cooler or something in the trunk, or even a set of slicks for the track. This new trunk has an opening wide enough to fit a carry on piece of luggage. Want to take slicks to the track, better get used to having them on the front seat next to you. I can give them on the weight, due to crash regulations and what not. The only think they improved was the powertrain, which was already pretty stout 7 years ago.

STANMAN
03-21-2009, 07:42 PM
The interior on all the new Pontiacs not built down under are awful compared to their counterparts. There's no way anyone could believe that the company that makes the Malibu's interior makes the G6's interior, or the Grand prix. It's all hard ass plastic, with horrible shapes, and the fabric material is not even nice to touch. GM has really just let Pontiac just wither away.

One of the biggest problems with the Camaro is not the drivetrain, it's that they listened to all the complaints people had about the 4th gen cars, and ignored them, and made the car is many ways even hard to live with. People hated the seating position and the lack of visibility. So they made the windows even hard to see out of, while creating more blind spots. You're even more sunk down in the seat, something women drivers hated about the 4th gen. They took away any storage space. Atleast the hatch provided room to carry a cooler or something in the trunk, or even a set of slicks for the track. This new trunk has an opening wide enough to fit a carry on piece of luggage. Want to take slicks to the track, better get used to having them on the front seat next to you. I can give them on the weight, due to crash regulations and what not. The only think they improved was the powertrain, which was already pretty stout 7 years ago.

Does the tranny still come into the passenger seating compartment, that's always fun on long trips! Your left foot falling asleep because it's tilted at an uncomfortable ass angle instead of just being normal like in any other car.

URLOZIN
03-22-2009, 12:26 AM
I can't wait to see one in person and take it for a test drive. Black on orange FTW!!

URLOZIN
03-22-2009, 01:04 AM
Here's some reviews from people who have seen and driven it.
v6 starting at 22,995 (300hp)
v8 starting 31,995 (426hp)
Seems like pretty good bang for the buck to me.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/corvette_camaro_corner/2010_chevrolet_camaro_ss_v8_short_take_road_test

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=10&article_id=7921

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4309166.html

Cryptic
03-22-2009, 09:47 AM
I'll take one like this:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/VenomTallica/myCamaro.jpg

or this :drool:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?u=1990&type=sigpic&dateline=1237340805

Irish
03-29-2009, 10:55 PM
I must admit...I'm surprised at some of those expressing displeasure. Others, not so much, lol.

13.1 @ 108 (SRT8) is slow? 13.6 @ 104 (R/T) is slow?

Are you talking about the SE? Granted, it doesn't set the world afire with 15.6 @ 90mph, that's still somewhat respectable for a car NO ONE will buy for performance. It will get a tad better though when they stop building them with 4 speeds and go with the MUCH better 5 speed auto in the next month or two (mid year change)...should put it into the lower 15's at least but more in line with the smaller, lighter v6 mustangs.

Although in the next year or so, we should see mopar's all-new 3.6 v6 underhood of the SE's with slightly less power output (I've read 280-300hp)...but with cylinder deactivation too.

I ran one in my jeep (4.7 GCL) the other day and it did not pull away nearly as hard as I expected it to. And when it's only a few tenths faster than a 5000 pound brick (jeep srt8- which I love btw), in my humble opinion, I consider that slow-ish.

Reverend Cooper
03-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Your alive wow

johnny--2k
03-30-2009, 10:18 AM
I ran one in my jeep (4.7 GCL) the other day and it did not pull away nearly as hard as I expected it to. And when it's only a few tenths faster than a 5000 pound brick (jeep srt8- which I love btw), in my humble opinion, I consider that slow-ish.

Hey hey hey....don't be makin fun of my 5000lb brick! :mad: It should be good for 12's this year hopefully! :devil :headbang

So, how's that truck comin along by the way?:headbang

Irish
03-31-2009, 12:06 AM
Hey hey hey....don't be makin fun of my 5000lb brick! :mad: It should be good for 12's this year hopefully! :devil :headbang

So, how's that truck comin along by the way?:headbang

For the most part it's done. I need to run a switch for the fuel pump, bolt down the console and some other odds and ends... Then I will be ready for the 5000 pound bohemoth! It's gonna be like david vs. goliath. All I got is a bone stock 283 with an rv cam and an aluminum intake so..... :devil

Waver
03-31-2009, 03:39 AM
my opinions on the new camaro......Well the engines, what is not to like....it is about time for the others to have a reason to step it up in the power plant, now. The exterior......well I Liked the one in Transformers, however the more pics I see of it on the net, the more it disapoints me.....it seems like a really bad attempt at going retro, and they could of done the design a little bit better for the final prodiction car. I am just going to have to see one in person before I can give my final opinion......Charger, that is a hit, mustang, yes defanatly, camaro.......tba