PDA

View Full Version : 04 Navigator manual needed....

d0nut
03-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Is there a chance that anyone has a Ford manual for an 04 Navigator (Expedition is the same I think) that I could use? I'm working on a Navi for a friend and it has an orphan vaccuum line and and EGR problem.

It would be greatly appreciated!

Car Guy
03-17-2009, 08:00 PM
What is a manual...??? :goof

Post up exactly what you need and I'll get you the diagram(s) via ALLDATA......:thumbsup

d0nut
03-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Good deal!

I need the chart for vacuum line routing from what I can tell. The orphan line I have is located on the pass side of the engine compartment if it helps out.

What is a manual...??? :goof

Post up exactly what you need and I'll get you the diagram(s) via ALLDATA......:thumbsup

Car Guy
03-17-2009, 10:55 PM
You'll have to be more specific, can you see where the line coming from or see anything else that might pinpoint its purpose...???

Also need to know if it's 2 or 4WD.....

d0nut
03-18-2009, 06:54 AM
From what I can tell I need the info on the emissions system. She has a problem where it blows the rubber tube off of the EGR valve on the drivers side of the engine (it has two steel tubes on the exh that go to rubber lines and into the valve on the intake). The disconnected line on the pass side of the engine compartment seems to be what controls the EGR operation. The small vacuum line that is disconnected on the pass side runs with another line in a conduit. The second line appears to go to a MAP sensor on the firewall. When you look at the disconnected line it seems like whatever it was connected to would be obvious but there is nothing else disconnected near it and it doesn't run like it has a vacuum leak.

She did have an ex BF get under the hood and putz with it when he got pissed and then she took it to a shop in Pewaukee to fix that issue. I don;t think they removed a T or anything but the vacuum line chart under the hood is a vague and doesn;t help out in this case.

I don't think it's even throwing a code but the EGR line blowing off doesn't seem to be a luxury SUV type thing to me.

If anything I can shoot a pic of the area I'm trying to figure out.

d0nut
03-18-2009, 07:25 PM
The line that is blowing off is connected to the EGR Pressure Feedback Sensor. I assume the line that is off on the pass side controls the sensor somehow?

Now that I found this it may be 2 different issues?

http://www.tomco-inc.com/Catalog/dpfe%20sensors.pdf

Car Guy
03-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Are you sure the rubber line is being pushed off...???

Those lines are notorious for shrinking (sh!tty Ford rubber) from age/heat causing them to be pulled off, can't say I've ever seen them 'blown off'.....

d0nut
03-19-2009, 11:39 AM
I replaced the line with another (The original was gone) and it blows off from built up pressure under acceleration. I'm thinking the valve/orifice isn't opening and letting the exh in?

Does it just flow out the other tube and back to the exh or does it dump into the intake?

Are you sure the rubber line is being pushed off...???

Those lines are notorious for shrinking (sh!tty Ford rubber) from age/heat causing them to be pulled off, can't say I've ever seen them 'blown off'.....

Car Guy
03-19-2009, 11:44 AM
It sounds like something is plugged up or not operating like it should, but exactly what is hard to say without seeing it in person......

d0nut
03-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Thats what make me think it's related to the orphan line on the other side. I may just try and find one at a dealer and look under the hood to see what goes to what.

It sounds like something is plugged up or not operating like it should, but exactly what is hard to say without seeing it in person......

d0nut
03-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Here are a couple of shots of the orphan vacuum line:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i286/d0nutd00d/DSCF2036-1.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i286/d0nutd00d/DSCF2037-1.jpg