PDA

View Full Version : Old people need the license taken away! crazy people

1997 Trans-Am
03-17-2009, 04:30 PM
ok i was driving down 108th st at the corner of oaklahoma by that big Toyota dealership. Some old guy in a minivan is driving Southbound in the northbound lane of traffic. half of his car was up on the curb as he was doing this. The guy was insane! :chair:

old people need there license taken away. i have no idea what he was thinking. If i could of turned around fast enough i would of called the cops.

1997 Trans-Am
03-17-2009, 04:32 PM
this happened about 4pm today

buttersgt350
03-17-2009, 04:40 PM
dude i hear ya. i drive for a living so im on the roads all day and old people get me so worked up. they are the worst drivers. no doubt they should have their licenses taken away. my new rule of the road-never get behind a buick, cause you know its being driven by a senior citizen!

URLOZIN
03-17-2009, 04:52 PM
dude i hear ya. i drive for a living so im on the roads all day and old people get me so worked up. they are the worst drivers. no doubt they should have their licenses taken away. my new rule of the road-never get behind a buick, cause you know its being driven by a senior citizen!
I have that rule too.

lordairgtar
03-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Just try and come and get my license, you young whippersnappers. What about the chicky hotstuff who drives through the stop sign while talking on her cell phone? The 20 something guy doing wheelies up HWY 100 on his motorcycle? The 17 year olds racing through Whitnall park? Soccer mom with a whole passel of unruly kids in her mini-van distracting her? The over 21 year old who had waaaaay to much to drink and won't have a friend drive or call someone? It ain't just old people out there causing dangerous conditions on the road.......and you will be old too.

letsrunem
03-17-2009, 11:54 PM
I pulled over to help an old guy that had run out of gas. He was so out of it he didn't realize he was low on gas, and he had pissed his pants. No joke, literally pissed his pants. So of course I didn't let him in my car but I came back with a can full of gas. People like that shouldn't be on the road, they should be in a home.

Car Guy
03-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Just try and come and get my license, you young whippersnappers. What about the chicky hotstuff who drives through the stop sign while talking on her cell phone? The 20 something guy doing wheelies up HWY 100 on his motorcycle? The 17 year olds racing through Whitnall park? Soccer mom with a whole passel of unruly kids in her mini-van distracting her? The over 21 year old who had waaaaay to much to drink and won't have a friend drive or call someone? It ain't just old people out there causing dangerous conditions on the road.......and you will be old too.

I will agree with you, HOWEVER, the BIG difference is 'older' people are NOT capable of driving safely because they don't have the mental capacity to do so. I personally believe there should be some sort of testing for people when they hit a certain age, and if you think it's bad now just wait until the majority of baby boomers are nearing 90 years old.....:eek:

nitrous
03-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Solution: Mandatory License retests every 7 years.

Smokey1226
03-18-2009, 12:24 AM
dont even get me started on this topic!

1997 Trans-Am
03-18-2009, 09:12 AM
haha, this was the weirdest thing i have seen so far. I never expected to see a damn minivan coming at me on the wrong side of the road half way up on the curb.

TheRX7Project
03-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Solution: Mandatory License retests every 7 years.

100% agreed. There are plenty of people, old and young, who shouldn't be on the road.

Voodoo Chick
03-18-2009, 11:48 AM
100% agreed. There are plenty of people, old and young, who shouldn't be on the road.

X's a million........My friend's fiance, for instance, drives like he has absolutely no brains at all......he NEEDS to be retested, and I'd say frequently........dude should NOT be on the road. And......he's not even old.....:stare

Car Guy
03-18-2009, 12:02 PM
I would also like to see re-testing for EVERYBODY every ??? years but it will never happen because there is NO $$$ in the budget for it, nor will there ever be......:)

PureSound15
03-18-2009, 12:05 PM
I've had multiple elderly people go THE WRONG WAY through a ROUND-ABOUT. Talk about dangerous - but round-abouts weren't around when they started to drive nor were they around through the 60 years that they have been driving so why NOT re-test them if for no other reason than to teach them about the changes being made.

Plum Crazy
03-18-2009, 02:53 PM
the thing i dont understand is WI drives licenses are good of 7years, that means you get your license renewed at 55, you wont be back till 62!! allot of shit can happen to a person in 7 years!

Plum Crazy
03-18-2009, 02:53 PM
the thing i dont understand is WI drives licenses are good of 7years, that means you get your license renewed at 55, you wont be back till 62!! allot of shit can happen to a person in 7 years!

My current license was issued in feb of 05 and doesnt expire til march of 2013

PureSound15
03-18-2009, 03:44 PM
My current license was issued in feb of 05 and doesnt expire til march of 2013

wtf? Did you just contradict your own post? :confused