PDA

View Full Version : Honda's HESD on the new sportbikes...

Crawlin
03-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Don't know too much about it. That electronic steering dampner stuff. Any good? Or should a person still pick up the normal scott's dampner? No racing, no wheelies being done. Just wondered about how good it is.

Thanks

-stew-
03-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Have not heard anything about the HESD. I'm rockin a '05-ish GSXR600 damper on my rex. Made a world of difference compared to not having one, but I've decided I'm going to put in heavier oil in it this season. It feels a bit light. I may start watchin ebay for an ohlins if an oil change don't help.

Breecher_7
03-18-2009, 05:58 AM
They increase stiffness with speed. They have been on the market since the I believe 2005 on the CBR1000RR. They seem to work ok but are no match for a GPR or OHLINS unit....

If your just one of those people that ride the bike and dont ever want to think about it or are not super picky about steering stiffness then you should like it. If you are very particular about how your bike rides you will hate it.

Most people would be fine with it, I personally like stiffer steering all the time, not just under speed.

Crawlin
03-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Yeah i always had my old stuff set stiff.

And thank, I forgot the other name I was trying to think of, the Ohlin's dampner, not scott.

Ironically this is a question that I'm asking for my father, haha.

Breecher_7
03-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Yeah i always had my old stuff set stiff.

And thank, I forgot the other name I was trying to think of, the Ohlin's dampner, not scott.

Ironically this is a question that I'm asking for my father, haha.

Of all the dampners ive owned ive had the best luck with GPR. They seem to work the best.