PDA

View Full Version : silly question about motorcycles

domokun
03-17-2009, 09:31 AM
after some contemplating, I was going to buy a motorcycle again ( had a cbr 600 ). but I decided against it... ( need to start saving money for another house )

but I would still like to somewhat ride this year.

are there any places that you can rent a motorcycle for a week, 2 weeks a month? and how much does it cost?

just curious.

I know...a stupid question

deuceWI
03-17-2009, 09:46 AM
I know some of the harly dealers rent junk. Not sure on the specifics, but I'm sure it's not cheap.

I've never heard of anyone renting any bikes with performance (i.e. European and Japanese imports) and I very highly doubt any would rent a sportbike due to liability concerns and the fact that people would simply destroy them.

0TransAm0
03-17-2009, 10:54 AM
i think i saw a place on howel down by the airport that rents harley's not sure how much or how long you can rent them tho.

SSLEVO
03-17-2009, 12:05 PM
I have seen sport bike rentals in areas like daytona, the terms and deposit are crazy though. Can only ride on the strip area... I don't know about any of that around here though.

CannotPost
03-17-2009, 01:17 PM
after some contemplating, I was going to buy a motorcycle again ( had a cbr 600 ). but I decided against it... ( need to start saving money for another house )

but I would still like to somewhat ride this year.

are there any places that you can rent a motorcycle for a week, 2 weeks a month? and how much does it cost?

just curious.

I know...a stupid question

I have rented from uke's in knesoha, I am pretty sure most HD dealers have a rental program. Last Year I rented a Ultra Classic for a Week @ $80 a day, unlimited mileage.

domokun
03-17-2009, 04:38 PM
80 a day is pretty pricey though.

well it was worth a shot....no riding for me this year :(

SSLEVO
03-17-2009, 05:04 PM
80 a day is pretty pricey though.

well it was worth a shot....no riding for me this year :(

Take a look around CL, you could have a running/driving bike for 500 if you really want to make it work. Sure it may not look pretty but you're on 2 wheels.