PDA

View Full Version : I need tires

Trutildeathxxx
03-16-2009, 09:07 PM
i need to put new tires on my hhr this summer, i would like something decent but not overly expensive. i also travel alot and would like something that handles as well. your thoughts and suggestions please.

xxtremeteam
03-16-2009, 09:18 PM
I got Rikken raptor hrs for my ford fusion DD I guess rikken is owned buy bfg there a 70000 mile tire also mounted and balanced for 317.00 for all four so far so good I went here, I called alot of places also tried car sites/forum hook ups and no one could touch there price
http://www.rinderletire.com/

but the milwaukee location
414-384-7830
2079 35th
Milwaukee, WI 53215

Trutildeathxxx
03-16-2009, 10:00 PM
im not concerned with mounting or balancing though> if i could find a sweet deal on a rim tire package i would like that but just tires is fine as well.I can get tires as well i just dont know what kind are good.

TURTLE
03-16-2009, 10:18 PM
call big bear...

262-567-4449

talk to marty or john, they'll set you up.

what size are you in need of?

hotshift13
03-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah Big Bear in the Oc is good. Try tirerack as far as I can tell they have great deals and, the tires are on my doorstep before the charge clears my bank card.

Smokey1226
03-16-2009, 11:42 PM
im not concerned with mounting or balancing though> if i could find a sweet deal on a rim tire package i would like that but just tires is fine as well.I can get tires as well i just dont know what kind are good.
dayyyyummm Kyle, i didnt know you were that good at BMX!!! If i didnt break all my bones i would ride with ya :(

lilws6
03-17-2009, 01:05 AM
yokohama avid t4 are decent i was going to put the on the ex's car if she ever tells her dad lol i've been trying to get her htose tires for months now at work

brotherbenn83
03-17-2009, 05:27 AM
Uniroyal Tiger Paw II's are a great bang-for-your-buck type of tire. The original design was BFG (control plus) but then they stop making them and sold the tread design to Uniroyal. I have heard nothing but good things about them from all the customers we have put them on for. I'm not sure if they are available in hhr sizes. Do you have p215/55r16 or some other size?

Exitspeed
03-17-2009, 07:32 AM
yokohama avid t4 are decent i was going to put the on the ex's car if she ever tells her dad lol i've been trying to get her htose tires for months now at work

I second the Yokahama Avids. I've been using H4S's for 8 years or so on all my cars (Eclipse, Camry, both 240's). I'm a huge advocate of those wheels. They last a long long time, have very good traction, and the sidewalls are rock hard. I know because on TWO separate occasions I "drifted" into curbs are some pretty good speeds and theses tires do not puncture and flatten. I even did an entire autoX season on a set of these and did really well. People were surprised I was able to get the times I was with all season tires.

Also, they are one of the most affordable quality tires out there. Buy at Discount Tires and you can get them shipped to you cheaper then most places will charge for their lower brand BS tires. Then take them somewhere and have them put on.

Trust me on this, i'm the cheapest, most researchin ass dude out there. These are huge bang for your buck tires.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/yokohama/product/byName.do?tmn=AVID+H4S&typ=Passenger%2FPerformance

deuceWI
03-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Just remember there are summer tires and there are winter tires.

All season tires = no season tires.

I'd read some reviews at tirerack and try to figure out what you want, then shop around. My only suggestion is to avoid Kuhmo. Some people may love them, but everyone I've know who's had them ends up with a big titty on their sidewall sooner or later.

Exitspeed
03-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Just remember there are summer tires and there are winter tires.

All season tires = no season tires.

I'd read some reviews at tirerack and try to figure out what you want, then shop around. My only suggestion is to avoid Kuhmo. Some people may love them, but everyone I've know who's had them ends up with a big titty on their sidewall sooner or later.

Like I said, I've driven with those Advans on all my cars (FWD and RWD) all year round and they have great traction even in snow. They aren't a snow tire by any stretch.

07ROUSHSTG3
03-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Uniroyal Tiger Paw II's are a great bang-for-your-buck type of tire. The original design was BFG (control plus) but then they stop making them and sold the tread design to Uniroyal. I have heard nothing but good things about them from all the customers we have put them on for. I'm not sure if they are available in hhr sizes. Do you have p215/55r16 or some other size?

have them on my wifes car and love them. probably our number one seller when it comes to compact/midsize car tires.