PDA

View Full Version : Plumbers?

LIL EVO
03-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Anyone feel like installing an elec water heater in place of my gas heater? I wanna tear my chimney down.

Very straight forward, looks like you would just cut the old copper, put the new heater in place and solder/braze (whatever its called) in some new copper. I would take care of the wiring.

Figure the cost of me doing it with Home Depot parts would be similar to what someone who knows what they're doing would charge.

PM me

FASTZ2895
03-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Anyone feel like installing an elec water heater in place of my gas heater? I wanna tear my chimney down.

Very straight forward, looks like you would just cut the old copper, put the new heater in place and solder/braze (whatever its called) in some new copper. I would take care of the wiring.

Figure the cost of me doing it with Home Depot parts would be similar to what someone who knows what they're doing would charge.

PM me

Rice Land USA:headbang

pOrk
03-16-2009, 08:35 PM
Sounds like your mind is already made up, but electric water heaters are EXPENSIVE to run

Lash
03-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Sounds like your mind is already made up, but electric water heaters are EXPENSIVE to run

x2

If you really want to get rid of the chimney....just get a power vent gas fired model that can be vented like a furnace.

SSLEVO
03-16-2009, 09:21 PM
I think i would have to agree, haven't you seen the adds on tv? haha

awsomeears
03-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Screw putting in a electric water heater !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going from natural gas to electric is like going from a 42MPG Honda to a 1980 crew cab with 10 fat chicks in the back.

Check your PM's

awsomeears
03-16-2009, 09:58 PM

I just sent you a PM and re-read this post, so what your saying is the potential installer would purchase all of the parts and install it for the same price if you were to buy it.

:durr:durr:durr:durr

Shoot me a PM back cuz we all know nothing is free :thumbsup