PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance?

PureSound15
03-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Who do you guys go through? I've got my DD and my toy and a perfectly clean driving record - My guy right now is a broker and I'm using progressive. I don't mind progressive but my broker SUCKS. He doesn't get back to me, doesn't understand having a DD and a garage queen... VERY annoying.

Joe gave me the name of his gal - she's nice and got back to me very quickly but the quote is another $50/month higher than what I'm at now :crying

Who has what and through who?

TheRX7Project
03-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Brennan Insurance Agency-
(414) 271-7517
This guy is the ******* bomb. My dad goes through him, I go through him... he's really good with getting a low low price, and has no problems with "garage queens" or anything. He works with a number of different companies and just finds the best deal for you and your situation.

Hell, if you need to move a car or something, he's even cool about covering the car "for a day". Just give him a call and he'll "keep it in mind" that you called in case something happens.

03CVLX
03-16-2009, 05:48 PM
You can try our broker if you want. We are through Secura insurance and our broker is called Servant Insurance 414-421-9200. We deal with Debbie but I am not sure if she does all the new quotes or not.

I had a coworker switch from progessive over to them and they cut his rate by almost 50%

And when the hell did you get a Cobra. How did I miss that one.

pOrk
03-16-2009, 05:49 PM
I agree with the fact that progressive sucks. If you have a clean record, State Farm is the SHIT and their rates are unbeatable for toys.

michelle
03-16-2009, 05:50 PM
I have American Family and use the same AmFam agent my parents have for all of their vehicles/house/life/etc. I've been very happy with them.

Adam uses an agent/broker - Bruce Robertson (414-744-1880) and he is great about switching insurance on vehicles with just a quick phone call and finding the best rates depending on the different providers. I would have switched to him, but AmFam doesn't seem to have noticed my driving record and so he couldn't come close to the rates I have now because signing up for a new provider would know about it. If you are interested, give him a call and you can say that Adam from Elm Grove with all the SHOs suggested you call him.

Crawlin
03-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Brandi Wein in waukesha. Office is right off of T and Silvernail.

State Farm. Incredibly helpful. Gave me all kinds of options and coverages while explaining how each additional benefit works.

Dont have the number off the top of my head though.

and Pork is 100% right, insurance for low mileage cars and bikes is insanely cheap. My Hyabusa was only like $20/month for full coverage

TheRX7Project
03-16-2009, 05:51 PM
You can try our broker if you want. We are through Secura insurance and our broker is called Servant Insurance 414-421-9200. We deal with Debbie but I am not sure if she does all the new quotes or not.

I had a coworker switch from progessive over to them and they cut his rate by almost 50%

And when the hell did you get a Cobra. How did I miss that one.

Brennan works with Secura too, actually that's who I have now.

Mr. Brett
03-16-2009, 05:59 PM
I have American Family through Terrie Taff in West Allis. Fantastic service and decent rates. 545-4400

BadAzzGTA89
03-16-2009, 06:11 PM
State Farm
Agent.. Joe Harrings (414)431-2981
I have home,DD's,Toys through them.

Holeshot
03-16-2009, 06:13 PM
I am actually suing Progressive for my accident back in November. They wanted me to sign off on a check before I even followed up from the ER visit.

Been with AF for 20 years. Joe Frietag Agency I have all my insurance with them 3 cars, Truck, house and two life policies 414 464 8778

Prince Valiant
03-16-2009, 06:16 PM
I use Joe Cekosh's (jc70ss) brother for both home and auto....

BoosTT
03-16-2009, 06:20 PM
If you have toys: State farm. Otherwise, you need to call around.

Josepy
03-16-2009, 06:22 PM
yeah i gave you state farm.

lordairgtar
03-16-2009, 06:25 PM
I use Allied, they are related to Nationwide somehow. I did it all online and never seen a local person, but whenever I have had to change cars and persons on my auto insurance, they got back to me or answered right away on the phone and got me straightened out. My insurance is 37 bucks a month for the car and since I am paying the loan every month, that is comprehensive with $1000.00 deductible. Plus I have an absolutely clean record...last accident was in 84 and last speeding ticket was in 95 I think, so I've been a good boy. www.alliedinsurance.com

wrath
03-17-2009, 07:49 AM
Brandi Wein in waukesha. Office is right off of T and Silvernail.

State Farm. Incredibly helpful. Gave me all kinds of options and coverages while explaining how each additional benefit works.

Dont have the number off the top of my head though.

and Pork is 100% right, insurance for low mileage cars and bikes is insanely cheap. My Hyabusa was only like $20/month for full coverage

That storefront is up for lease so I don't think she's there anymore. She was far less than helpful for either myself or my girlfriend. She'd never call back and she never answered the phone... and when I went in there I found out it was a complete waste of my time.

JC70SS
03-17-2009, 07:53 AM
PM sent.

BTW progressive is not that cheap unless you are high risk or they are ok for the toys.

lordairgtar
03-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Brandy Wein...sounds like a stripper name:banana1:

Yeehaw
03-17-2009, 08:47 PM
got state farm agreed with being ok for the toys my 2nd vehicle is covered as if i was 25 with a clean record so its super cheap

my dad is looking to change though its real expensive for him with all his toys compared to such companies as grundy

Moparjim
03-20-2009, 01:48 PM
After seeing this thread, I just switched to State Farm. UNBELIEVABLE prices on collector/specialty cars compared to anything else like Haggarty, Grundy, or Allstate who I was with. My regular insurance on 3 cars and drivers is about half what I was paying at Allstate, the collector coverage on my Viper, Challenger, and Trailduster was like 25% of what Haggarty, Grundy, and Allstate quoted me. TWENTY FIVE PERCENT, as in 1/4 the cost. I about shit a brick Im now paying less per month for everything - 3 daily drivers one with a 17 year old driver on it, home, 2 motorcycles, 3 collector cars with stated value collector insurance than I was just for my 3 daily drivers with Allstate...

My new agent is:

John B. Hillyer/Kevin Grall
111 E Forest Hill Ave
Oak Creek
414-762-3300

pOrk
03-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Jim, Wish I could say the same. State Farm has the BEST rates, but the one speeding ticket I have throws me for a curve ball with anyone besides progressive currently.

I haven't gotten a quote with state farm recently, how far back do they go for a driving record check? 3 or 5 years?

kornholio788
03-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Most places go back 5 years pork. Some are different though.

I just switched from state farm to progressive. I am a "high risk" driver I guess you could say. My mom actually sells insurance for state farm.

With state farm for the absolute lowest insurance I could get for just my neon was like 145. With progressive I got full coverage on my neon, better medical insurance, 3k custom parts coverage, and Liability on my new 98 grand am gt for only 140. So I got MUCH better insurance and even added a second car and it is lower.

It is so high as I have 2 speeding tickets and 2 accidents(little fender benders) on my record. And I am only 20. So

pOrk
03-20-2009, 07:54 PM
I pay 60 / month for liability, thinking of stepping it back up to full coverage for 110 / month

Breecher_7
03-20-2009, 07:56 PM
5 years? All the places ive ever had insurance through only went back 3. Ive heard of placese going back 5 but I wouldnt say MOST do that.

pOrk
03-20-2009, 07:57 PM
5 years? All the places ive ever had insurance through only went back 3. Ive heard of placese going back 5 but I wouldnt say MOST do that.

Geico goes back 5, Progressive 3.